No announcement yet.

Khabib: Conor McGregor is ‘an idiot, we don’t pay attention to idiots’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khabib: Conor McGregor is ‘an idiot, we don’t pay attention to idiots’

Khabib Nurmagomedov feels no need to respond to Conor McGregor until he actually does something that warrants him re-entering the title picture.

After dominating the former two-division champion for the better part of four rounds before finishing the fight with a rear naked choke back in Oct. 2018, Nurmagomedov has moved onto defeat Dustin Poirier and he’s currently in talks to face Tony Ferguson in early 2020.

McGregor has been rumored for a return to action in January against Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone but he’s also stated in various appearances that he desperately wants a second shot at Nurmagomedov and he’s willing to fight him in Moscow, Russia if that’s what it takes.

For all the bluster that McGregor has shown publicly about seeking the rematch, Nurmagomedov doesn’t really believe the Irish superstar actually wants to set foot back in the Octagon with him again.

“Honestly I don’t think he wants that fight,” Nurmagomedov said during a Q&A with kids held in Russia (transcription courtesy of RT Sport). “How is that so? I beat him up for four rounds. I beat him and choked him and he tapped. It was a sign he didn’t want to be there, ‘let me go please’ and all that. And now he wants the rematch.

”First of all he has to earn it. We’re in the fourth year since his last victory. It’s been three years and now we’re in the fourth. In order to fight for the title I had to win 10 fights in a row in the UFC. That’s not counting the 16 victories I had outside the UFC. In every fight I earned it not with my mouth but with my actions. That’s where we’re different — he talks about it, I just do it.”

As far as McGregor’s insistence on the fight happening, Nurmgomedov has conditioned himself to just tune out whatever his former opponent is saying because it’s all just lip service at this point.

According to the undefeated Russian champion, even the fans are starting to see through McGregor’s persona because he keeps on talking but hasn’t actually booked a fight in more than a year with his last win coming in 2016.

“It’s nice for me, because even when I keep quiet and even when I don’t say anything people can weigh it up for themselves,” Nurmagomedov said. “Hang on, this guy talks and this guy just acts’. Just talking is one thing, but when it comes to doing it, he’s completely different.

“So for me there are no kind of announcements or insults. He’s an idiot. We don’t pay attention to idiots.”

By all accounts, Nurmagaomedov is staying focused on his next title defense against Ferguson, assuming a deal can be reached for that fight, while McGregor remains in negotiations for his expected return to action at UFC 246 on Jan. 18 in Las Vegas.

Khabib is a bit of a joke when he decides to talk like this.

He says Conor hasn't won in 4 years but his last mma loss is to Khabib and Khabib has only fought once since beating Conor. So what difference does it make? It's like a false narrative to make it seem like Conor was just racking up losses like Kevin Lee the past 3 years. His activity has dropped but fought 3 times in 2016, once in a boxing exhibition in 2017, then once with Khabib in 2018. It's literally nothing like people try to make it seem.

Conor should get active again, that's true. Like f.uck it, put him in with Gaethje (#4) or Poirier (#2) again. It's just easy wins as those two guys have zero to sub par takedown ability. It should be another display in vastly superior striking skills, just like Poirier the first time he got bopped in the 1st round.

Then Khabib really has nothing to say. If he even has the title again. He should pray that he does retain it because with the way he talks, he'll have to be put on the back burner if Ferguson takes his soul; a clear dominant victory. It's only fair, considering how he's talking in interviews like this.

Comment

January 18th is less than 8 weeks away now... I don't think Conor is going to fight on that date.

Comment

Depends on if he has been training; properly training for a fight.

If not. Then it won't happen. If he has been, then I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Comment

What about Khabib vs. Ferguson? When is that supposed to happen?

Comment

McGregor lives in Khabibs head. It's really grinding his gears and his friends' gears because their honor was challenged. Lastly, without a KO of McGregor, Khabib will never recover the honor snatched from him by the potty mouthed Irishman.

Comment

Nurmagomiedov can't understand that either he will lose to a tougher guy someday or he will be another Mayweather in MMA. For the time being he is to silly to undestand that there is no third way out.

Comment

Conor hasn't won In the cage, ring or the courts for ages now. The biggest fights (he only wants bug money) are khabib or masvidal, both of witch best the s.hit out of him, there is t ferguson, he doesn't want any of that, gaethje is in great form.

The rumours point to cowboy, who was a beast but is old now. His horizons are closing in now.

His ego needs to stfu for a hot second and get a couple wins under his belt before the khabibs in this world, I bet that won't happen....

Comment

So is Khabib gonna fight Ferguson or not? The guy is the #1 contender for his title.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Depends on if he has been training; properly training for a fight.

If not. Then it won't happen. If he has been, then I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
                    He has tons of IG post that he is training. Are those for social media only?

Comment

Working...
                    X