Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Rogan says he’s done with UFC work once Dana White is gone: ‘That’s in my contract’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joe Rogan says he’s done with UFC work once Dana White is gone: ‘That’s in my contract’

    Joe Rogan says him and Dana White are a package deal.

    The popular comedian and podcaster has been a fixture of the UFC’s broadcast desk for more than two decades. At age 55, Rogan works far fewer events these days than he did in the past, but he still serves as the lead color commentator for the majority of UFC’s domestic pay-per-views and his voice remains a familiar part of many of the most memorable moments in the sport.

    And as long as White is around as UFC president, that doesn’t appear to be changing.

    “If Dana leaves, I’m gone,” Rogan said on a recent episode of The Joe Rogan Experience (h/t MMA Junkie). “That’s in my contract.”


    By now, Rogan is one of the longest-tentured employees in the UFC. His first event came all the way back in 1997, when Rogan debuted as a backstage interviewer at UFC 12. In the years since, he’s become one of the most widely recognized faces of the company.

    In 2020, Rogan inked a massive deal with Spotify valued at more than $100 million for his podcast, which remains one of the most popular in the world, so Rogan will likely be just fine whenever his UFC tenure reaches its end. Just don’t expect it to come anytime soon.

  • #2
    As much as I like Rogan, UFC will be better off without Dana The Douche aka Girl's Name.

    Comment


    • #3
      Two worthless idiots, one stone. Get rid of them both.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        Two worthless idiots, one stone. Get rid of them both.
        At least Rogan has a big following outside of UFC. Can't say the same about our dear Dana.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

          At least Rogan has a big following outside of UFC. Can't say the same about our dear Dana.
          His entire following is stupid. The kind of idiots who still think Fight Club is the deepest movie ever made.

          Comment


          • #6
            Dana, the Joe/Goldie commentary team, Face The Pain, Bruce Buffer, the gladiator thing, the days when people cared about TUF etc. For better or worse that will always define the UFC for me no matter what happens going forward.
            Willy Wanker likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
              Dana, the Joe/Goldie commentary team, Face The Pain, Bruce Buffer, the gladiator thing, the days when people cared about TUF etc. For better or worse that will always define the UFC for me no matter what happens going forward.
              Yup.

              Also their old sponsors like Mickey's, Jack Link's Beef Jerky, and Condom Depot.

              2008-2013 were the golden years. I miss the prime Zuffa era.
              TMLT87 likes this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by famicommander View Post

                His entire following is stupid. The kind of idiots who still think Fight Club is the deepest movie ever made.
                I never said they were smart, but they helped him bag a 100 million podcast deal which is bananas.

                Comment

                Working...
                X
                TOP