Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argument Over! Boxing is the Superior Sport!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • prefix_1_title_rich Argument Over! Boxing is the Superior Sport!

    Thank you Clarrisa Shields, for finally ending this debate.




  • #2
    Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
    Thank you Clarrisa Shields, for finally ending this debate.


    You think? I mean, they picked a mid-30s opponent with a losing record who was retired before this fight - and she was a round away from winning.

    I think Holly Holm, who in her day was a pound for pound women's champ, proved boxers can transition to MMA at the highest level.

    Amanda Serrano has been winning fights, even Heather Hardy has. Even Clay Collard has won a few, including tonight.

    Comment


    • #3
      Butterbean's pro fight record by sport
      boxing: 77-10-4
      MMA: 17-10-1
      kickboxing: 3-4-0

      I guess that means kickboxing is the best sport, right? I mean, Butterbean had a winning record in the other two combat sports but a losing record in kickboxing.

      Or maybe different fighters make the transition differently and it's stupid to try to draw comparisons like these.

      For every Shields or Holly Holm, there's a James Toney getting humiliated. Ray Mercer obliterated former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia less than two years after Sylvia's title reign, but he also got choked out by freaking Kimbo Slice. Paulie Malinaggi got beat in a bare knuckle boxing match by an MMA guy with a losing record.

      Comment


      • #4
        The supposed "GWOAT" boxer came within 3 minutes of losing a decision to a 3-6 can who manhandled her 90% of the fight, and thats what you take from it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Butterbean's pro fight record by sport
          boxing: 77-10-4
          MMA: 17-10-1
          kickboxing: 3-4-0

          I guess that means kickboxing is the best sport, right? I mean, Butterbean had a winning record in the other two combat sports but a losing record in kickboxing.

          Or maybe different fighters make the transition differently and it's stupid to try to draw comparisons like these.

          For every Shields or Holly Holm, there's a James Toney getting humiliated. Ray Mercer obliterated former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia less than two years after Sylvia's title reign, but he also got choked out by freaking Kimbo Slice. Paulie Malinaggi got beat in a bare knuckle boxing match by an MMA guy with a losing record.
          Let the James Toney myth die, his last really good win was 13 years before his MMA fight, he had a decent win against Holyfield in a fight between two old guys, but even that was 7 years earlier. He was a boxing punching bag for at least the last 5 years before his MMA fight, he had no business being in a boxing ring at this point, never mind an MMA fight. It was a disgrace that was sanctioned.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nash out View Post

            Let the James Toney myth die, his last really good win was 13 years before his MMA fight, he had a decent win against Holyfield in a fight between two old guys, but even that was 7 years earlier. He was a boxing punching bag for at least the last 5 years before his MMA fight, he had no business being in a boxing ring at this point, never mind an MMA fight. It was a disgrace that was sanctioned.
            This, Tony had ZERO hand or footspeed left, ffs he was getting beaten to the punch by Sam Peter long before he had his stupid MMA fight.

            Nash out likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

              This, Tony had ZERO hand or footspeed left, ffs he was getting beaten to the punch by Sam Peter long before he had his stupid MMA fight.
              So it's not okay for someone to mention James Toney, but it's okay for the guy who started this topic to bring up an MMA fight between a prime boxer and an MMA fighter with a losing 3-7 record? The only thing boxing is superior in is pay. Boxers have the edge in punching and footwork, MMA fighters have the edge in kicking and the ground game. Always has been, always will be. Neither sport is better, just different. So a boxing fan should never come to this section claiming some kind of victory until we see an elite boxer in their prime beat an elite MMA fighter in their prime.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                ....never come to this section claiming some kind of victory until we see an elite boxer in their prime beat an elite MMA fighter in their prime.
                [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

                  [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
                  That was a boxing match, not MMA. You originally posted about an MMA fight where all techniques were allowed, not just punching. Let's see Floyd do that in a cage where he has to defend against takedowns and submission attempts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How has Sheilds ended this debate? Boxing does rock, doe..................Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 06-12-2021, 02:36 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP