No announcement yet.

Is Bellator any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bellator any good?

I’m a fan over MMA but I only watch UFC fight nights and UFC PPVs.

I’ve always ignored Bellator as I’ve assumed it was a weaker product with not so great/past it fighters.

What you guys think ?

Bellator is better at treating their fighters but they definitely don't have the depth of elite fighters the UFC has. With that said though Michael Chandler and Eddie Alvarez were Bellator products. Both won the Bellatior Lightweight title, Alvarez followed that up winning UFC gold, and Chandler just had an all time classic for the UFC belt last weekend. His physical prime was in bellatior too.

I really root for them but since UFC is known as the premier place to fight it's hard for them to get publicity. Though fighters make a lot more money in bellator because they’ll can earn endless potential in sponsors while the UFC is criminally allowed to ban sponsors and only cut them a few thousand dollars extra for wearing reebok. While bellator fighters probably bring 25k-100k in from sponsors they can actually make a living. They still cover their shorts with multiple sponsors to add up like the gold old mma early days.

Comment

Didn't mind watching Valerie Loureda fight

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
        Bellator is better at treating their fighters but they definitely don't have the depth of elite fighters the UFC has. With that said though Michael Chandler and Eddie Alvarez were Bellator products. Both won the Bellatior Lightweight title, Alvarez followed that up winning UFC gold, and Chandler just had an all time classic for the UFC belt last weekend. His physical prime was in bellatior too.

I really root for them but since UFC is known as the premier place to fight it's hard for them to get publicity. Though fighters make a lot more money in bellator because they’ll can earn endless potential in sponsors while the UFC is criminally allowed to ban sponsors and only cut them a few thousand dollars extra for wearing reebok. While bellator fighters probably bring 25k-100k in from sponsors they can actually make a living. They still cover their shorts with multiple sponsors to add up like the gold old mma early days.
        Ben Askren also made his name at Bellator,

Comment

Bellator has a few good fighters that are top level but for the most part it's filled with old/on their way out fighters or young/just breaking in fighters. There's fewer than 5 really good matchups Bellator can make right now.

If you're looking for a promotion to watch besides UFC I suggest PFL over Bellator. It's strictly tournament based which means the fighters are fighting often and no matchups are held up.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

Ben Askren also made his name at Bellator,
            Hector Lombard, Will Brooks, Volkov also came. There were some fighters in the smaller weights who also fought in the UFC.

Eddie and Chandler had the most success and their fights together are some of the greatest of all time as well.

I'd say its like the modern day strikeforce. Clear #2 but they have some great fights and fighters competing just not the depth.

Comment

Bellator is for people that are almost good enough for UFC or aren't quite good enough for UFC anymore. Prospects and barely over the hill fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                Bellator is for people that are almost good enough for UFC or aren't quite good enough for UFC anymore. Prospects and barely over the hill fighters.
                shame what they did to aaron pico. One of the most talented prospects ever, just a bad idea to start your career on a big show on live TV. There was so much pressure and he fought legit vets instead of guys to make him look good and increase his confidence as he could of on a regional circuit. He's still fairly young i believe but the sport is very unforgiving id like to see him hit his potential tho

Comment

Its a mixed bag. Some great talent but also a lot of bums, and a weird tacky presentation. Pitbull/McKee is as high level as anything you'll see in the UFC though, Lima/Amasov in a few weeks is a serious fight between two guys that would be top 10 if not top 5 level in the UFC too, and the LHW GP winner will arguably be more credible as the top 205'er than the Glover/Jan winner.

Overall I did prefer Bellator in the Bjorn era though, the tournament format made it unique. And Strikeforce was a much better no2 MMA org than Bellator is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
                    I’m a fan over MMA but I only watch UFC fight nights and UFC PPVs.

I’ve always ignored Bellator as I’ve assumed it was a weaker product with not so great/past it fighters.

What you guys think ?
                    They have a better Light Heavyweight division than UFC for sure IMO.

I think Freire is the best Featherweight in the world too. The guy even moved up to lightweight and destroyed Chandler for the lightweight title.
                    TMLT87 TMLT87 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X