No announcement yet.

israel adesanya vs jan blachowicz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

As far as I’m aware Yan could have punched him. You don’t avoid getting hit when you’re on the ground.
    I mean if rules are rules then that’s it. However I think there is a language barrier with a lot of these fighters.

I rather he had a point deducted but with the point taking away he might had lost.

Comment

The black nerd absolutely sucks. His past two fights have been rigodeax, Stevenson boring. Dont get the hype

Comment

Those takedowns secured it for Jan.

I think if they run it back, Adesanya would beat Jan. He'll beat him.

But that fight definitely showed me that Adesanya will absolutely not beat Jon Jones. Absolutely will not. Jan wouldn't beat Jones either. I'm the furthest from a Jones fan as well but he is not losing to the versions of those two, that fought that match.

Comment

that extra weight really helped him on the floor. tired izzy out

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Those takedowns secured it for Jan.

I think if they run it back, Adesanya would beat Jan. He'll beat him.

But that fight definitely showed me that Adesanya will absolutely not beat Jon Jones. Absolutely will not. Jan wouldn't beat Jones either. I'm the furthest from a Jones fan as well but he is not losing to the versions of those two, that fought that match.
            Idk about that first part. I think Jan was pretty dominant. I'm not sure I could see Izzy doing much different in a rematch that secures him the W. I thought it was a big ask to gain 20lbs. Its one thing to gain 10lbs like is the difference between most divisions. Besides 205 to 265 this jump is the biggest ask for a fighter.

I do agree Izzy & Jan wouldn't have or won't be beating JBJ anytime soon if JBJ were to move back down to 205. That said I kinda doubt we see JBJ back at 205 & I don't see Izzy going to 265 & I don't see Jan being successful enough at 265 if he were to move up to find himself across the ring from JBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Idk about that first part. I think Jan was pretty dominant. I'm not sure I could see Izzy doing much different in a rematch that secures him the W. I thought it was a big ask to gain 20lbs. Its one thing to gain 10lbs like is the difference between most divisions. Besides 205 to 265 this jump is the biggest ask for a fighter.

I do agree Izzy & Jan wouldn't have or won't be beating JBJ anytime soon if JBJ were to move back down to 205. That said I kinda doubt we see JBJ back at 205 & I don't see Izzy going to 265 & I don't see Jan being successful enough at 265 if he were to move up to find himself across the ring from JBJ.
              I feel like the tape will show that Izzy, if he and his camp game plans it, can out-box Jan; point fight him. Jan is very strong, very powerful, no doubt. But his speed and footwork isn't going to improve much from now to a rematch. He also looked gassed by the 3rd, like the tempo Izzy set was taxing him.

My thoughts are however, Izzy could realistically point fight Jan and just sprawl to get away. That good ol' (bad ol') Greg Jackson game: Extremely safe, get the points, win the fight.

On the flip side, I'm not really sure how Jan could make it more convincing in a rematch. Other than making it a brawl. Unless Izzy does a Gustafsson and inexplicably never looks like a threat again.

But yeah bro, there's no way these guys will beat Jon. After seeing that fight, I can't imagine it. Even if I don't like Jon. It's just not objectively realistic to me.

Comment

Working...
              X