No announcement yet.

Limey Lounge Cricket Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
    Australia will be ****ting themselves if they have to play against this man:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...om_488981a.jpg
    Unfortunately he won't be in the side. Harmison's next in line.

Comment

• Sidebottom can be fukn lethal over there, I would have him in the side instead of Broad if I was picking the England side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        Sidebottom can be fukn lethal over there, I would have him in the side instead of Broad if I was picking the England side.
        So would most sane people. Broad's bowling isn't clever enough. I hope those two meaningless wickets and that fifty don't keep him in the side.

I'd have Sidebottom over Harmison too, especially at Headingley. He's a proven match-winner and usually keeps it very tight.

Harmison will implode as soon as the batsmen take him on.

Comment

So would most sane people. Broad's bowling isn't clever enough. I hope those two meaningless wickets and that fifty don't keep him in the side.

I'd have Sidebottom over Harmison too, especially at Headingley. He's a proven match-winner and usually keeps it very tight.

Harmison will implode as soon as the batsmen take him on.
          Yeah. When at his best Harmison can be damaging but I agree Sidebottom is the right option.

I would be pretty surprised if England made any unforced changes though given that they have had the better of the last two tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan... View Post
            Yeah, the ball didn't move today and that helped a lot.

I dunno, I still think we are going to struggle. We really need to bowl Clarke in the last two tests. I can't believe they are still leaving him out.

Do you think England will make any changes? Bopara looks kind of out of his depth.
            Nah, I doubt they will f.uck about with the side at this stage. Bopara hasn't played well, it's true, he just needs to calm down. He has the technical ability to play at this level. Broad is the same, he will be really good but I think he's a bit nervous on the big stage.

Johnson looked like he has regained some form, you really need him to be on point if you're gonna win at Headingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Anderson View Post
              Nah, I doubt they will f.uck about with the side at this stage. Bopara hasn't played well, it's true, he just needs to calm down. He has the technical ability to play at this level. Broad is the same, he will be really good but I think he's a bit nervous on the big stage.

Johnson looked like he has regained some form, you really need him to be on point if you're gonna win at Headingly.
              Broad doesn't have the ability to bowl to real test quality. He can't win a test match with his bowling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Anderson View Post

I dunno to be honest, I'm not sure I see a Test match bowler in Broad. He just seems like the most one-dimensional bowler around to me. Noone ever seems to struggle with him.

Yeah, Johnson has to bowl well. He has been the main driver behind our success over the last couple of years, without him playing well our bowling attack is pretty ordinary. I hope that Clarke comes in for Siddle for the 4th test.

Comment

Broad doesn't have the ability to bowl to real test quality. He can't win a test match with his bowling.
                  People said the same about Flintoff a few years ago. I agree that he isn't test levelat the moment, but I do think that he can be, he's a big guy with a lot of pace. He just really needs to work on his accuracy.

Comment

• so things working out just fine for England steal one victory then look to draw the rest , reminds me of the series in the Caribbean.

Comment

• Anyone else think we are going to rue a missed oppertunity here?

Comment

Working...
                      X