No announcement yet.

A call for video refereeing NOW!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A call for video refereeing NOW!

For ****s sakes, i just watched my beloved team be cheated out of a penalty and ultimately the match by a blind referee.

Anyone who just watched Bristol City beat SWFC 1-0 (on sky sports) will also agree that the Owls were cheated out of not only one penalty, but two or three.

Surely its time to bring modern technology into the game immidiately. I see no real argument to not do it. A 3rd eye in the stands.

Heres the system i propose - like cricket (i think i recall) you are allowed 2 chances to call for the video ref to be consulted. I say that these moments be chosen by the manager from the sidelines, who can consult the linesman.

THe benefits would be a much more fairer games, no mistakes and no more lucky escapes and bad calls.

I hear you cry though.."it'll slow the game up!!" .. but would it really? I very much doubt it.

So what do you think? In a sport that is worth billions of pounds, how come it is not employing modern technology.. .especially when Rugby, Cricket and unofficially i've seen Snooker using the video to aid in umpire/ref decisions.

Come on! its about ****ing time.

p.s! And i'm not bitter because we are bottom of the league without a point, suffering the worst season start in 37 ****ing years either before you start!

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
    For ****s sakes, i just watched my beloved team be cheated out of a penalty and ultimately the match by a blind referee.

Anyone who just watched Bristol City beat SWFC 1-0 (on sky sports) will also agree that the Owls were cheated out of not only one penalty, but two or three.

Surely its time to bring modern technology into the game immidiately. I see no real argument to not do it. A 3rd eye in the stands.

Heres the system i propose - like cricket (i think i recall) you are allowed 2 chances to call for the video ref to be consulted. I say that these moments be chosen by the manager from the sidelines, who can consult the linesman.

THe benefits would be a much more fairer games, no mistakes and no more lucky escapes and bad calls.

I hear you cry though.."it'll slow the game up!!" .. but would it really? I very much doubt it.

So what do you think? In a sport that is worth billions of pounds, how come it is not employing modern technology.. .especially when Rugby, Cricket and unofficially i've seen Snooker using the video to aid in umpire/ref decisions.

Come on! its about ****ing time.

p.s! And i'm not bitter because we are bottom of the league without a point, suffering the worst season start in 37 ****ing years either before you start!
    You'll hear no arguments from me on this matter, especially after the Styles penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
      You'll hear no arguments from me on this matter, especially after the Styles penalty.
      Do the F.A's of any other nations employ video refereeing does anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
        Do the F.A's of any other nations employ video refereeing does anybody know?
        Not yet, but I think there is a trial going on somewhere?

Comment

It makes sense that they should. So many times i've seen teams cheated because players havent got the technological back up that they COULD have.

It'd also solve perhaps issues with diving? I mean... what if the ref could consult the video everytime Ronaldo dives in the penalty area? As soon as he sees that no contact is made - boom, straight red card. It'd put an end to the awful aspect of diving which is becoming more and more ever present in the beautiful game.

I mean, i mentioned snooker, cricket, rugby... are there any other sports in which video ref are used home and abroad?

Comment

Soz.. im ranting. But im really pissed off about being disallowed that penalty from a blatent handball. I hope Brian Laws pulled him up. half an hour later one of our players got injured in the box and the second ref put his flag up, yet the ref played on and ignored the 2nd ref. I was appaulled. Absolutly heartbroke.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
              they have it in cricket and rugby they should have it in footy too. also like in rugby they shouold bring in the ruel we the players cant crowd around the reff and try to intimerdate him in to changing him mine.
              I think there already is a rule . I think the capt. is only allowed to talk to the ref. But no body follows it.

Players are daft, i've never seen in my life a referee change his mind. His decision is final, as the saying goes.

Comment

I've got nothing against triallng video for penalty decisions, but I don't think it would work.

What we should concentrate on are the real cancers of the game - dissent and play acting/diving. It beggars belief what players can say to the ref (it should involve sir) and we should definitely use video evidence to retrospectively ban dives.

Comment

Working...
                X