No announcement yet.

A cuple Questions for you limeys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cuple Questions for you limeys.

What kind of powers do the Royals have???

how do they get their money?

and is Prince Harry playing rambo being used as propaganda???

Originally posted by += El Jefe=+ View Post
    What kind of powers do the Royals have???

how do they get their money?

and is Prince Harry playing rambo being used as propaganda???

They don't have a great deal of power, when I say that I mean in comparison to the Royals of old, however there are still certain laws and legislation's that get passed through the Queen, obviously as the Nation figure head she holds a certain amount of sway. Generally the PM and the cabinet control the country.

The Queen and key Royals get paid via the Civil List, the money that goes to the Queen (the civil list) is far smaller than the money the Government makes from the Crown Estates so the Queen etc effectively pay in more than they take out.
    With the exception of the Prince of Wales all other members of the Royal Family do not get money directly, the Queen gives some of her relatives money (via government actions) according to which Royal duties (if any) they carry out. (Optimus Wolf may offer more here)

I think the answer to Harry being used as propaganda is yes and no, of course the Government etc will use his name to add strength to the campaign and hope it helps with British hearts and minds.

Harry, IMO just wants to be normal, which of course he will never be!

Comment

Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
      They don't have a great deal of power, when I say that I mean in comparison to the Royals of old, however there are still certain laws and legislation's that get passed through the Queen, obviously as the Nation figure head she holds a certain amount of sway. Generally the PM and the cabinet control the country.

The Queen and key Royals get paid via the Civil List, the money that goes to the Queen (the civil list) is far smaller than the money the Government makes from the Crown Estates so the Queen etc effectively pay in more than they take out.
      With the exception of the Prince of Wales all other members of the Royal Family do not get money directly, the Queen gives some of her relatives money (via government actions) according to which Royal duties (if any) they carry out. (Optimus Wolf may offer more here)

I think the answer to Harry being used as propaganda is yes and no, of course the Government etc will use his name to add strength to the campaign and hope it helps with British hearts and minds.

Harry, IMO just wants to be normal, which of course he will never be!
      Good answer there.........

Comment

Working...
      X