Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWO: Pac-Clottey Aftermath

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NWO: Pac-Clottey Aftermath

    Alright brothers. I'm guessing everybody in NWO watched the fight. So the the expected fight and outcome is there; Pac throws too much, Clottey does a lot of blocking but not not enough throwing, Pac wins a lopsided decision, only takes damage in spots.

    Now that we've actually seen it, what's your take? The little bitches on NSB are all over it of course. But how do you assess it? To my eyes, Pac gets his props. He faced a top WW and beat him handily. Clottey? I'm disappointed in him. I thought in the biggest fight he's had, he'd finally step up his workrate and go for it. No such luck.

    Now the obvious expected scenario is the Shane-Floyd winner. You guys have any preference? I'd rather it be Shane for entertainment purposes. Floyd is of course the bigger fight. I'd favor Pac slightly over Shane, favor Floyd slightly over Pac. If it's Floyd, I think they'll work it out. If it's Shane, I know it will happen. What do you guys make of all this?

  • #2
    Honestly, the fight wasn't impressive from either sides.

    As far as the next scenario goes. I have two feelings about what happens next. One side of me wants Mayweather to win, I got no hard feelings for the guy, I love to watch him box but the fight with Pacquiao may not happen. Then if it does, Mayweather could outbox him but I see a slight chance that Pacquiao could still win.

    The other side of me would love to see Mosley win because that way Pacquiao would have to face Mosley at 147. If that were to happen, Pacquiao is guaranteed to get ktfo. I don't have any hard feelings for Pacquiao, I like the guy too but if Pacquiao getting ktfo means NSB can return some sense, then I am all for that match up.

    Forget what sells. I could care less what fight brings in more money. Discussing slightly sensible boxing is better than only seeing discussions of Pacquiao and how Pacquiao beats Mayweather in NSB.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Honestly, the fight wasn't impressive from either sides.

      As far as the next scenario goes. I have two feelings about what happens next. One side of me wants Mayweather to win, I got no hard feelings for the guy, I love to watch him box but the fight with Pacquiao may not happen. Then if it does, Mayweather could outbox him but I see a slight chance that Pacquiao could still win.

      The other side of me would love to see Mosley win because that way Pacquiao would have to face Mosley at 147. If that were to happen, Pacquiao is guaranteed to get ktfo. I don't have any hard feelings for Pacquiao, I like the guy too but if Pacquiao getting ktfo means NSB can return some sense, then I am all for that match up.

      Forget what sells. I could care less what fight brings in more money. Discussing slightly sensible boxing is better than only seeing discussions of Pacquiao and how Pacquiao beats Mayweather in NSB.
      the only was nsb shuts the eff up is if shane ko's both of um, not just pac.

      my answer coming up shortly

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
        Alright brothers. I'm guessing everybody in NWO watched the fight. So the the expected fight and outcome is there; Pac throws too much, Clottey does a lot of blocking but not not enough throwing, Pac wins a lopsided decision, only takes damage in spots.

        Now that we've actually seen it, what's your take? The little bitches on NSB are all over it of course. But how do you assess it? To my eyes, Pac gets his props. He faced a top WW and beat him handily. Clottey? I'm disappointed in him. I thought in the biggest fight he's had, he'd finally step up his workrate and go for it. No such luck.

        Now the obvious expected scenario is the Shane-Floyd winner. You guys have any preference? I'd rather it be Shane for entertainment purposes. Floyd is of course the bigger fight. I'd favor Pac slightly over Shane, favor Floyd slightly over Pac. If it's Floyd, I think they'll work it out. If it's Shane, I know it will happen. What do you guys make of all this?
        to say it was unimpressive from pac's side is short sighted. he won pretty much every round and shut clottey out. he's the only fighter to dominate colttey period. i was predicting a manny knockout and it would have happened if clottey decided to come out of his shell.

        floyd forced a rematch clause with shane, so what really sucks here is that there's a good chance that this won't happen until 2011.

        obviously shane v paq is the fight to see. it's impossible for that fight not to be a classic, anyone who says otherwise is a jackass.

        pac's workrate and body work will bother the crap out of floyd and pac will decision him, possiby the same with shane, but I hae to see the 5/1 fight to really make a pick on those fights.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
          Alright brothers. I'm guessing everybody in NWO watched the fight. So the the expected fight and outcome is there; Pac throws too much, Clottey does a lot of blocking but not not enough throwing, Pac wins a lopsided decision, only takes damage in spots.

          Now that we've actually seen it, what's your take? The little bitches on NSB are all over it of course. But how do you assess it? To my eyes, Pac gets his props. He faced a top WW and beat him handily. Clottey? I'm disappointed in him. I thought in the biggest fight he's had, he'd finally step up his workrate and go for it. No such luck.

          Now the obvious expected scenario is the Shane-Floyd winner. You guys have any preference? I'd rather it be Shane for entertainment purposes. Floyd is of course the bigger fight. I'd favor Pac slightly over Shane, favor Floyd slightly over Pac. If it's Floyd, I think they'll work it out. If it's Shane, I know it will happen. What do you guys make of all this?
          I wanted to see a better effort from Clottey too. No way in hell he could have thought he was winning. His corner even yelled to him that he was being shut out. I was shocked by his lack of intensity. But that wasn't Pac's fault. He tried his best to force the fight and kept his hands pumping all night. No discrediting that victory.

          I've grown tired tired of all the bickering between Pac and PBF. At this point I really want Shane to win and be the one to face Pac. I'm a PBF fan but he's getting on my nerves with all his bitching. He sounds like a little girl. He's got Shane to worry about and he still can't stop talking about Pac. I think PBF beats Shane, but I'm getting skeptical as to whether egos will ever allow Pac-PBF to happen. I hope Shane spoils the party. At least then we know what he and PBF will do next. Pac will maybe face Margarito if the rematch happens. I'm ok with that since Shane nor PBF would be available.

          Comment


          • #6
            Fight went how I expected it to. Pac outworked him but never came close to a KO or even a KD. The cats who thought Clottey was gettin stopped were trippin. I can enjoy a 1 sided fight long as there's constant action, and Pac took care of that. Clottey was WBO #1 challenger, Pac sonned him, he gets props.

            Fuck Pac-Floyd. If it happens it happens. If not, so what? I been wantin SSM-Floyd for yrs. I always cared more about that fight. And I always wanted Pac-SSM over Pac-Floyd, obviously cuz it'll be a more excitin fight.

            I don't think Pac-Floyd will happen even if F;oyd does beat SSM. Too much ego. I'm done sweatin that bull****.

            Comment


            • #7
              It wasn't a surprise the way the fight went, anyone who had seen a Clottey fight should have known he would keep that tight guard and not throw as much as Pac.

              I just wish Clottey would have realized that this was his big and maybe last chance to really make a name for himself in the sport and he blew it by like Lederman said fighting scared.

              Pac did what he could have done and beat Clottey more convincingly than I think anyone else in the world not only at 147 but probably 154 could have with the exception of PWill maybe.

              So all in all it was a tedious but dominant performance by Pac, and the undercards were awful.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                It wasn't a surprise the way the fight went, anyone who had seen a Clottey fight should have known he would keep that tight guard and not throw as much as Pac.

                I just wish Clottey would have realized that this was his big and maybe last chance to really make a name for himself in the sport and he blew it by like Lederman said fighting scared.

                Pac did what he could have done and beat Clottey more convincingly than I think anyone else in the world not only at 147 but probably 154 could have with the exception of PWill maybe.

                So all in all it was a tedious but dominant performance by Pac, and the undercards were awful.
                I knew Clottey would lose, but respected him enuf not to say he had absolutely 0 chance. His style would be gr8 if he had AA-esque power, but he don't hit like that. He shoulda stepped his game up.

                And fuck the undercard. Soto-Diaz was a big disappointment. I expected a good slugfest, but Soto ain't bring it like I thought. He looked off form.
                Last edited by MANGLER; 03-16-2010, 12:21 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MANGLER View Post
                  I knew Clottey would lose, but respected him enuf not to say he had absolutely 0 chance. His style would be gr8 if he had AA-esque power, but he don't hit like that. He shoulda stepped his game up.

                  And **** the undercard. Soto-Diaz was a big disappointment. I expected a good slugfest, but Soto ain't bring it like I thought. He looked off form.
                  That was his 1st fight at 135 could have had something to do with it.

                  You realize Soto is now a 3 division champion? There is something to be said for La Zorrita's accomplishment here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    That was his 1st fight at 135 could have had something to do with it.

                    You realize Soto is now a 3 division champion? There is something to be said for La Zorrita's accomplishment here.
                    I think he's fine at 135. He just ain't look up for the fight. And the fighters make the belts. Diaz ain't nothin special. If Valero loses to Petersen he'll go back down. Soto-Valero is war. If not, Soto got plenty other options there.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP