No announcement yet.

NWO: Cintron and Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Cintron and Williams

Apparently it's not definite whether or not this is happening at 147 or 154, though the fight seems like it's on.

Cintron can do business at either weight. I think both Sergio's and Paul handle him at 154 though. He could conceivably beat Berto or the IBF guy at 147, but the top dogs there murk him too.

I've always believed instead of playing tweener Paul should set up shop at 154. Only Martinez to worry about really should a rematch happen there. Dzinziruk, eh maybe, but Paul takes him imo.

As far as the fight, a move down to 147 kills Paul imo. I think Cintron would whack him at that weight. I think he overwhelms Cintron at 154. A great action fight though. I just don't see Cintron hanging in with a bull like Paul who won't stop throwing. What do you guys think about this fight and each man's potential standing at 147-154?

Cintron hits hard enough (and Williams is defensively flawed enough) that he may be able to score a KO, but I don't expect that to happen.

Cintron impressed me when he outboxed Angulo, but I don't think he'll be able to do that against Williams, especially considering the size and workrate he'll be faced with. I expect him to get outworked and possibly stopped late.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Cintron hits hard enough (and Williams is defensively flawed enough) that he may be able to score a KO, but I don't expect that to happen.

Cintron impressed me when he outboxed Angulo, but I don't think he'll be able to do that against Williams, especially considering the size and workrate he'll be faced with. I expect him to get outworked and possibly stopped late.
      Agreed. Stranger things have happened than Cintron winning. I just don't like the way he acted in the Margarito fights. He tried to show more heart the 2nd time and it made for a great, albeit one sided fight, but that bitching to the ref pissed me off. Paul's shown enough chin vs Margarito, Quintana, and Martinez that I think it holds up at 154, though none of those guys crack like Cintron. I give him 5 rounds to KO Paul before a loss becomes a formality, assuming it's at 154.

Comment

I like Paul here to break Cintron down over the course over several rounds to a late stoppage.

Comment

Cintron will lose the fight. Williams simply throws too much. That means he's open of course, but Cintron doesn't like to punch with his opponent. He's not the kind of fighter who's comfortable throwing just to throw. He needs to be set for power and Williams won't allow this. I expect action to the end but favor Williams to dominate.

I'm hoping this fight isn't at WW because Williams will kill himself trying to make the limit. He keeps that tired "feared" buzz going for himself by threatening to drop back down where no one will fight him, but should he try it I think he's in trouble. 154 is a comfortable fit for Williams. If they fight there he will handle Cintron while being threatened only in spots.

Whoever wins and at whichever weight, a title opportunity is in order for their next fight. Unless it's a brutal FOTY which might warrant a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I like Paul here to break Cintron down over the course over several rounds to a late stoppage.
            at either weight class

cintron is ripe for getting overwhelmed and that boxing display he put on vs angulo isn't anywhere near enough to befuddle and counter pwill. winky couldn't counter paul. quintana and sergio are excellent boxers

Comment

why does no one believe that pwill can make 147. he's made it in the past and says he can do it easy still.

i believe him until he shows otherwise. dude is a freak

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                at either weight class

cintron is ripe for getting overwhelmed and that boxing display he put on vs angulo isn't anywhere near enough to befuddle and counter pwill. winky couldn't counter paul. quintana and sergio are excellent boxers
                Yeah, I don't see much of a difference between PWill at WW and him at MW.

I usually would approve of him fighting at WW but Cintron in his last fight I believe came in at 169....so its a legit match.

Comment

I see P. Will getting tagged and rocked by Cintron, but if Cintron lost to Margarito by volume of punches, then Williams obviously will give him hell.

Toss-up for me, only since i've seen P.Will rocked recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Yeah, I don't see much of a difference between PWill at WW and him at MW.

I usually would approve of him fighting at WW but Cintron in his last fight I believe came in at 169....so its a legit match.
                    i thought he came in at 159

Comment

Working...
                    X