Clear All

• MANGLER
    replied
    Damn Clottey, just damn.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Crust
    replied
    Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
    Ok brothers, I wanna have some neutral talk on this guy. Clottey has handspeed, sick defense, a great chin, every punch but a jab, and a good body attack. I think Clottey is an elite fighter and just gets **** on since he's lost to some titlists. I also believe he'll be outworked to a loss by Pac. But that don't make him garbage.

We know he beat the tar outta Baldo and lost a DQ. Nobody considers that a real loss, and it's only notable because Baldo accidentally stumbled upon the WW crown later.

The Margarito fight was damn good. The guy shouldn't have been bitching about his hand because **** happens in boxing. Margarito was injured too. Clottey did enough to lose respectably, he wasn't destroyed.

The Zab fight was surprisingly entertaining. Clottey finally delivered as Zab actually has terrible stamina and a worse workrate than Clottey does. He gets the win, which shoulda been a TKO and picks up a belt.

Cintron didn't seem to want any, and disputes on both sides if Clottey, Williams, or HBO was responsible for that fight not happening.

Clottey ditched his strap to fight Cotto, and gave him hell. I had the fight a 6-6 split, but a flash KD edged it for Cotto. Clottey let up in the late rounds.

So this guy is best known for coming up short. But he's no joke and is a legit opponent for Pac. I see no reason to **** on this fight. I give any skilled fighter a chance, although I'm definitely picking Pac to win. What y'all think about this guy?
    He reminds me in a lot of ways of Sakio Bika. He is not particularly refined,but even the best fighters dont get to take liberties against him without it going unpunished.

If Pacquiao has overlooked him or not taken him seriously,then he is going to have a very uncomfortable night.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Crust
    replied
    Pac should win handily,but I gotta confess to supporting Clottey tonight,as the guy took time out of his training camp and wrote to my son giving him advice and wishing him well with his boxing. The kid has felt 10 feet tall since then so its a case of 'WAR CLOTTEY!!!' in this house tonight!

Leave a comment:

• Walt Liquor
    replied
    Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
    Tonight's the night. It's gonna be a good fight. This has got to be Clottey's last chance if he blows it. TBH, I wouldn't mind seeing him win it. I just hope the decision is fair if it goes 12, and if it does, the loser doesn't *****. If Clottey turns in another 3/4 then stop throwing performance and loses, fuck him. He better not complain. I'm hoping like hell Clottey gives it 100% this time. I believe in his ability even though I'm picking Pac by UD. Here's to the fight guys.
    pac by tko here

Leave a comment:

• MurderDeathKill
    replied
    Tonight's the night. It's gonna be a good fight. This has got to be Clottey's last chance if he blows it. TBH, I wouldn't mind seeing him win it. I just hope the decision is fair if it goes 12, and if it does, the loser doesn't *****. If Clottey turns in another 3/4 then stop throwing performance and loses, fuck him. He better not complain. I'm hoping like hell Clottey gives it 100% this time. I believe in his ability even though I'm picking Pac by UD. Here's to the fight guys.

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Dro
    replied
    Originally posted by Akinapepemo View Post
    I'm a fan of Pacquiao, but i seriously doubt he floors Clottey. The Ghanian is too tough. I see this one going to the cards.

I don't mind the *****s bashing this fight, as someone already pointed out, Clottey is the #1 contender for Pacquiao's WW belt. Those same *****s who praise Floyd for fighting Shane like it was unprecidented (WW fighting a WW? OMG give props!), would find a way to **** on Pacquiao if he fought Shane instead.

These are two good fights. As a boxing fan, i'm happy.
    i think pac will floor clottey atleast once in the fight

but clottey is a strong mofo so maybe it wont happen

Leave a comment:

• Walt Liquor
    replied
    this cat that works with my boy writes for a boxing website on the side and he interviewed clottey at his training camp this past weekend. here are a few interesting tidbits:

1) Clottey hasn't watched any film on Pac (big mistake)
    2) Clottey's trainer is also his cutman.
    3) They have no plan B.

So Pac's las tcouple of opponents say pac is waaay faster than they expected, yet they are watching no fight film??????? And they have no backup, Clottey is going to do what he does, if pac deals with it, then you know he's just going to stop throwing punches and go into his shell like he has in the past.

Clottey is a bug strong dude, but pac has the speed and power punch in this fight. I say manny takes over in the mid rounds and wins by late tko or decision.

Leave a comment:

• MANGLER
    replied
    Clottey's a good fighter. Nothin wrong wit Pac fightin him. Just bitches doin what they do in NSB. Fuck em.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Liquor
    replied
    Originally posted by @$$-H0L3 View Post
    I think his lead right will help him, chances are that Roach will be getting Pacquiao to time Clottey.
    you are correct sir. clottey can be timed, which is his other problem flicker, besides the killer instinct thing.

I think Clottey is world class, but I don't see him catching up with manny enough to hurt him in this fight. when clottey opens up manny should be gone already. or ready to time him.

Leave a comment:

• ny123
    replied
    Finally a decent thread with some common sense being used. clottey is a real threat to anyone at 147 if you were to just read most threads and articles and not actually watch any clottey fights you would think pac was fighting alfonso gomez. Clottey is a good combination puncher with a tight defense solid chin and above average hand speed although his workrate is not great his connect percentage is usually pretty high and even though he doesnt possess great one punch ko power he seems to be a strong thudding puncher who wont be walked through. .... solid ww test for pac.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X