Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWO: Joshua Clottey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clottey is wide open when he punches, I mean wide open for a counter. no one is mentioning this, but I think that's when pac is gonna catch him.

this is a great fight. i can't wait

Comment

I'm a fan of Pacquiao, but i seriously doubt he floors Clottey. The Ghanian is too tough. I see this one going to the cards.

I don't mind the *****s bashing this fight, as someone already pointed out, Clottey is the #1 contender for Pacquiao's WW belt. Those same *****s who praise Floyd for fighting Shane like it was unprecidented (WW fighting a WW? OMG give props!), would find a way to **** on Pacquiao if he fought Shane instead.

These are two good fights. As a boxing fan, i'm happy.

Comment

Anyone see how would it happen if it turns out to be a Clottey upset?

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
          Clottey is scarce with jabs. He just gets close to throw flurries most of the time. A jab would obviously help him since he's flat footed, especially against a speedster like Pac.
          I think his lead right will help him, chances are that Roach will be getting Pacquiao to time Clottey.

Comment

The only problem with Clottey is that he has no killer instinct.

The dude has a granite chin, fort knox defense, and decent technical ability. However, he never goes for the kill. He had Cotto hurt a couple times, had him on his horse and exhausted. Cotto looked like he was fighting Margarito again. But what did Clottey do? He decided to one shot Cotto in the late round. When Cotto would try a desperation punch, Clottey would shell up and let Cotto retreat a few feet only to throw one shot and repeat.

Clottey is a good fighter. No doubt about it. He lacks the ability to put his opponents down. As if he doesn't really want to hurt people.

When he fights Pacquiao. Pacquiao will have a ******ed work rate, like Margarito's but faster. So I expect to see Clottey in his shell for most of the fight and then letting off a stiff jab or a basic 1-2. With the fight ending as a UD for Pacquiao. If Clottey's offense was as good as his defense. Pacquiao wouldn't escape the first half of the fight. But because Clottey is basically a two legged tortoise, he wont win.

I don't expect him to get kayo'd though, if Clottey gets kayo'd Pacquiao must be dirty. I don't want to hijack the thread or get off topic but Marg, Cotto, and Coralles couldn't kayo this guy, but a former featherweight champ can? There is something wrong with that picture of Clottey gets kayo'd.

Comment

Finally a decent thread with some common sense being used. clottey is a real threat to anyone at 147 if you were to just read most threads and articles and not actually watch any clottey fights you would think pac was fighting alfonso gomez. Clottey is a good combination puncher with a tight defense solid chin and above average hand speed although his workrate is not great his connect percentage is usually pretty high and even though he doesnt possess great one punch ko power he seems to be a strong thudding puncher who wont be walked through. .... solid ww test for pac.

Comment

Originally posted by @$$-H0L3 View Post
                I think his lead right will help him, chances are that Roach will be getting Pacquiao to time Clottey.
                you are correct sir. clottey can be timed, which is his other problem flicker, besides the killer instinct thing.

I think Clottey is world class, but I don't see him catching up with manny enough to hurt him in this fight. when clottey opens up manny should be gone already. or ready to time him.

Comment

Clottey's a good fighter. Nothin wrong wit Pac fightin him. Just bitches doin what they do in NSB. Fuck em.

Comment

this cat that works with my boy writes for a boxing website on the side and he interviewed clottey at his training camp this past weekend. here are a few interesting tidbits:

1) Clottey hasn't watched any film on Pac (big mistake)
                    2) Clottey's trainer is also his cutman.
                    3) They have no plan B.

So Pac's las tcouple of opponents say pac is waaay faster than they expected, yet they are watching no fight film??????? And they have no backup, Clottey is going to do what he does, if pac deals with it, then you know he's just going to stop throwing punches and go into his shell like he has in the past.

Clottey is a bug strong dude, but pac has the speed and power punch in this fight. I say manny takes over in the mid rounds and wins by late tko or decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Akinapepemo View Post
                      I'm a fan of Pacquiao, but i seriously doubt he floors Clottey. The Ghanian is too tough. I see this one going to the cards.

I don't mind the *****s bashing this fight, as someone already pointed out, Clottey is the #1 contender for Pacquiao's WW belt. Those same *****s who praise Floyd for fighting Shane like it was unprecidented (WW fighting a WW? OMG give props!), would find a way to **** on Pacquiao if he fought Shane instead.

These are two good fights. As a boxing fan, i'm happy.
                      i think pac will floor clottey atleast once in the fight

but clottey is a strong mofo so maybe it wont happen

Comment

Working...
                      X