No announcement yet.

NWO: Joshua Clottey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Joshua Clottey

Ok brothers, I wanna have some neutral talk on this guy. Clottey has handspeed, sick defense, a great chin, every punch but a jab, and a good body attack. I think Clottey is an elite fighter and just gets **** on since he's lost to some titlists. I also believe he'll be outworked to a loss by Pac. But that don't make him garbage.

We know he beat the tar outta Baldo and lost a DQ. Nobody considers that a real loss, and it's only notable because Baldo accidentally stumbled upon the WW crown later.

The Margarito fight was damn good. The guy shouldn't have been bitching about his hand because **** happens in boxing. Margarito was injured too. Clottey did enough to lose respectably, he wasn't destroyed.

The Zab fight was surprisingly entertaining. Clottey finally delivered as Zab actually has terrible stamina and a worse workrate than Clottey does. He gets the win, which shoulda been a TKO and picks up a belt.

Cintron didn't seem to want any, and disputes on both sides if Clottey, Williams, or HBO was responsible for that fight not happening.

Clottey ditched his strap to fight Cotto, and gave him hell. I had the fight a 6-6 split, but a flash KD edged it for Cotto. Clottey let up in the late rounds.

So this guy is best known for coming up short. But he's no joke and is a legit opponent for Pac. I see no reason to **** on this fight. I give any skilled fighter a chance, although I'm definitely picking Pac to win. What y'all think about this guy?

The only ones discrediting this fight are Floyd stans. The style advantage favors Pac because it's a fireball vs a shell fighter. Doesn't mean Clottey doesn't deserve a shot. Pac has a title and is defending it against a contender, simple as that. Clottey is good, he just won't press when he has to in the championship rounds. This fight will be far better to watch than Pac vs PBF easily. People are just hung up on all the talk about money, which really does my head in. The same ones ****ting on Clottey now were hyping him after the Cotto fight saying he'd been robbed of the decision, and were screaming about how he'd of beaten Margarito if not for the bad hand. If you don't like this fight go watch MMGay FFS.

Comment

Its a good fight, Clottey is world class and you know he has the ability to do more and maybe 60 more punches and 1 less head but in 3 fights, he could be 38-0 realistically.

There are posters here who just bash him to discredit a Pac win should that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Its a good fight, Clottey is world class and you know he has the ability to do more and maybe 60 more punches and 1 less head but in 3 fights, he could be 38-0 realistically.

There are posters here who just bash him to discredit a Pac win should that happen.
        It's irritating mate. Shane is only getting PBF because Berto wasn't available. Who else was there for Pac to fight? The matchup makes sense, is easy to make with no promotional barriers, and will deliver action all the way. I'd like to brush off the posters who are trying to rubbish the fight. Too much complaining from fake fans around here.

Comment

I like Clottey but I feel his biggest downfall is that he doesn't have that killer instinct in him. As you know in the Cotto fight, he was basically fighting a guy with one eye and didn't ever use that to his advantage to beat Cotto convincingly.. Its just seems to me like Clottey gets bored during fights at times and doesn't give 100%. To me the Pac fight is a good fight because Pac will make Clottey work whether he wants to or not.

People who complain about the fight talk like Pac-Mosley was a possibility when it wasn't and when Berto bowed out, Pac-Clottey was already in motion. Deep down, I know Mayweather fans are a lil embarassed that Mayweather hasn't fought a real welter, while Pac is fighting Cotto (albeit at 145) and Clottey back to back. I pick Money May over Pac, I just think with all the BS during negotiations, Arum will have Pac against Margs next, and then just keep fighting Top Rank fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

Pac is the WBO WW titleholder. Clottey is the WBO #1 WW contender. Pac-Floyd was off, Shane's fighting Floyd, Berto left then came back talking about a Paulie fight, and Clottey and Pac are both with Top Rank. The fight makes sense. It's gonna be a crowd pleaser. No reason to ***** about it unless you're not a boxing fan. Floyd stans on this site are pathetic.

Comment

People are irritated, because they wanted to see Mayweather-Pac more, which obviously makes the most sense.

Funny thing, but Clottey used to have a very good jab in some fights. He was just sparingly using it though.

Comment

Originally posted by @$$-H0L3 View Post
                People are irritated, because they wanted to see Mayweather-Pac more, which obviously makes the most sense.

Funny thing, but Clottey used to have a very good jab in some fights. He was just sparingly using it though.
                Clottey is scarce with jabs. He just gets close to throw flurries most of the time. A jab would obviously help him since he's flat footed, especially against a speedster like Pac.

Comment

Tough as nails Ghanaian with a good high gaurd defence.

Has great stamina, chin, could add more to his offensive arsenal.

I like his matchup with Pac. I'd like to see how his toughness endures Pac offence.

Comment

I think Clottey has a very good chance of an upset. He can frustrate his opponents because most of the opponents punches dont seem to hurt him. He also has good combos. Not to hate on floyd, but i think Clottey throws much better combos than Floyd. Floyd is just accurate.

Comment

Working...
                    X