No announcement yet.

NWO: Is Mosley>Floyd An Upset To You?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Is Mosley>Floyd An Upset To You?

I thought about this after reading the Tyson-Douglas article. Floyd isn't on Mike's level reputation wise, but the mild similarity is there. Floyd is seen by many as a virtuoso boxer who just isn't supposed to lose. Due to Shane's age and the public desire for Pac-Floyd, I see the NSB trolls ****ting on Shane as though he's a tuneup. I favor Floyd to win a close decision myself, but I'd hardly be surprised if Shane beats him. This doesn't strike me as a fight that Shane is supposed to lose. What's the rest of NWO think of a Shane Mosley victory?

Its in no way an upset to me, seems like a pickem fight in my view.

Comment

NSB makes it embarrassing to like PBF. Those disgusting little toe rags talk like he's Superman. Shane is very capable of defeating Floyd. I've always believed Floyd's footwork is key to him winning a competitive decision. But my jaw would not drop if Shane got the duke, even if it was a KO. Shane is no joke and he may benefit from PBF's obsession with Manny. Shane isn't one to be disrespected like he's some steppingstone. This is a dangerous challenge for PBF.

Comment

not at all. floyd's not superman

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
          NSB makes it embarrassing to like PBF. Those disgusting little toe rags talk like he's Superman. Shane is very capable of defeating Floyd. I've always believed Floyd's footwork is key to him winning a competitive decision. But my jaw would not drop if Shane got the duke, even if it was a KO. Shane is no joke and he may benefit from PBF's obsession with Manny. Shane isn't one to be disrespected like he's some steppingstone. This is a dangerous challenge for PBF.
          shane is definitley not a stepping stone. if floyd treats him like one then it will be a long night for floyd, or should i say a short night

Comment

Wouldn't be an upset to me.

Regardless of what the naysayers say/type, Sugar Shane is very capable of dethroning Floyd. I never make the mistake of perceiving a fighter as unbeatable. No matter how skilled that fighter is.

Nazim Richardson is a good trainer, which at this point opens new possibilities for Mosley. A new found hunger and a well constructed game plan could very well give way to a changing of the gaurd when this fight takes place.

This could be closer than most think.

Comment

Even in his losses, Shane's stamina and chin have never failed him. Floyd nor anybody else at 147 stops him. The only thing Shane's lost with age is legs. He's still a strong percentage of his prime self. Handspeed isn't a mismatch here either. I don't think Floyd can win the fight without riding his bike the full 12 rounds. If Shane can cut off the ring effectively or do damage to Floyd's body early, he's got this fight. No reason to my eyes to say he can't win. Only real problem is catching up to Floyd once he's on the move.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
                ....Handspeed isn't a mismatch here. I don't think Floyd can win the fight without riding his bike the full 12 rounds....
                And those are key points that shouldn't be overlooked.

Shane's hands are still just fast enough to catch Floyd slipping should he underestimate him.

I also don't see Floyd trading with Shane, unless he's forced to by getting trapped.

Floyd would have to heavily rely on his countering ability as Shane mounts his offensive, and pot shoot Shane, while using a lot of lateral movement.

Comment

I'm taking Shane In this fight right now.. I reserve the right to change my pick, but for now.....Shane ftw!

Comment

SSM can win it. Might be good for him to be slept on goin in.

Comment

Working...
                    X