No announcement yet.

NWO: Do Y'all Accept The Ring Magazine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    great question and not enough talked about! IMO...

The Ring magazine (before the DLH take over)use to be one of the unbiased real
    ratings that had no use in the politricks of Boxing. Now it seems that its used as tool in fight making now for financial gain. I will never buy another Ring Magazine after they put Mayweather #2 WW in the world and #2 P4P fighter in the world after coming off a 2yr layoff to fight a light weight @ WW and disregarding the Weigh in by coming in over weight and buying his way into the fight. This was where I turned away. It could have been any fighter...not only Mayweather,this was a not the way Ring (the real Ring) would have rated a fighter!
    That Floyd **** pissed me the fuck off too. As noted I support the Ring, but that was the one instance that really made me think less of their policies. I couldn't care less about p4p rankings. But as a boxing fan, them giving Floyd the #2 WW ranking for beating a LW made me wanna puke.

I know the Ring policy ain't perfect, but I'm quick to accept it over the alphabet garbage. A lot of the cries of the GBP bias I dismissed, especially after they gave Pac the JLW belt despite believing he lost to JMM. There'll never be a perfect ranking/title system. I stay riding with Ring belts until their next major misstep for now.

Comment

I'll take Ring rankings and Ring belts over alphabet soup any day.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
        That Floyd **** pissed me the fuck off too. As noted I support the Ring, but that was the one instance that really made me think less of their policies. I couldn't care less about p4p rankings. But as a boxing fan, them giving Floyd the #2 WW ranking for beating a LW made me wanna puke.

I know the Ring policy ain't perfect, but I'm quick to accept it over the alphabet garbage. A lot of the cries of the GBP bias I dismissed, especially after they gave Pac the JLW belt despite believing he lost to JMM. There'll never be a perfect ranking/title system. I stay riding with Ring belts until their next major misstep for now.
        Pac was still declared the winner of the fight, so they had no choice. I've watched that fight over and over and I still say pac won my the kd. I don't see how you can say jmm won that fight.

Floyd gets waaaaay too much props all around, not just with the ring. If you put someone else's name in mayweather's resume since 01/03, everyone would be laughing at the guy for being a dodger and not ever defending his belts. I am just amazed that he gets sooo much props for not fighting anyone he's close to even money with in over 6 years!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm very excited to see shane take that 0....

Comment

Working...
        X