Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWO: Do Y'all Accept The Ring Magazine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Do Y'all Accept The Ring Magazine?

ABOUT OUR RATINGS

Fighters recognized as champions by The Ring are rated at the top of their division, with the top 10 contenders listed below.

Championship vacancies can be filled by winning a box-off between The Ring's number-one and number-two contenders, or, in certain instances, a box-off between our number-one and number-three contenders.

The only three occasions when a fighter will lose his championship status are when he retires, moves to another weight division, or is defeated in a championship bout.

The Ring Ratings are compiled by the magazine's editorial board, with the participation of The Ring Ratings Panel of boxing journalists from around the world.

http://www.ringtv.com/ratings/
    Last edited by MurderDeathKill; 02-11-2010, 07:04 PM.

Above are the Ring belt/ratings policies from their website. Amidst the bull**** alphabet confusion, no name mandatories, and stupid sanctioning fees, I think it's a good way to go. Some people **** on Ring though, since it's owned by GB. And some people say the belt means nothing since it's just a magazine, not an official governing body.

I personally say fuck the governing bodies and support the Ring. I see their ratings as the legit division breakdowns and their belts as recognizing the true world champions. Wanna see what NWO as a whole thinks. I don't give a fuck what any of the bitches in NSB have to say about it, or anything else for that matter.

Comment

I can't speak for any other NWOites but I don't go by Ring rankings, I watch the fight and can easily come to my own conclusions.

Ring usually just re-ranks whoever had the most recent fight regardless of the level of opponent they had beaten sometimes.

I also think P4P rankings are a total joke, I can't understand why ppl care so much about a fantasy list like that which can't be properly debated because its totally based on imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I can't speak for any other NWOites but I don't go by Ring rankings, I watch the fight and can easily come to my own conclusions.

Ring usually just re-ranks whoever had the most recent fight regardless of the level of opponent they had beaten sometimes.

I also think P4P rankings are a total joke, I can't understand why ppl care so much about a fantasy list like that which can't be properly debated because its totally based on imagination.

Pfp rankings are total garbage.

I prefer ring ranking to everyone elses. The only way to jump someone is to beat them or someone above them. Fighters are also not penalized for losing close to someone ranked higher than them, which makes sense.

There has not been a single measurable incident of bias towards golden boy fighters since they bought the ring.

Comment

I trust the Ring ratings far more than those of the sanctioning bodies. When I'm discussing who's rated where in a division, I'm usually talking about what I checked on and saw in the Ring ratings. Whoever has their titles is seen as the true champions of a division. I have no problem with Ring's policy.

Comment

There's 6 Ring champions right now. Adamek may be about to give his CW title up though if he's moving up to HW full time. Pac already confirmed he's done with JWW, so I'm surprised he hasn't forfeited his Ring belt yet. That leaves Wlad, Pavlik, JMM, and Calderon as recognized world champs. This is across 17 divisions too. **** is crazy.

Just how hard is it to match the #1 ranked guy with the #2 or #3 ranked guy in every division? Sounds like child's play but it's a gauntlet of promotional, political, egotistical, and financial bull****. My only problem with Ring's title policy is that it isn't enforced. That obviously turns into an oxymoron of sorts, but man I wish it could be done.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
              There's 6 Ring champions right now. Adamek may be about to give his CW title up though if he's moving up to HW full time. Pac already confirmed he's done with JWW, so I'm surprised he hasn't forfeited his Ring belt yet. That leaves Wlad, Pavlik, JMM, and Calderon as recognized world champs. This is across 17 divisions too. **** is crazy.

Just how hard is it to match the #1 ranked guy with the #2 or #3 ranked guy in every division? Sounds like child's play but it's a gauntlet of promotional, political, egotistical, and financial bull****. My only problem with Ring's title policy is that it isn't enforced. That obviously turns into an oxymoron of sorts, but man I wish it could be done.

What do you mean they aren't enforced? Do you mean that the top 2 or 3 never seem to fight?

And you're right. Adamek officially vacated.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                What do you mean they aren't enforced? Do you mean that the top 2 or 3 never seem to fight?

I would have liked Adamek to remain at CW at least for a Cunningham rematch. Having the recognized title was a good bargaining chip, so I'm sure Adamek could have gotten a proper deal. The HW move seems to be about nothing but money anyway. I'm gutted at not getting to see that 2nd fight. I don't expect him to do much at HW, unless he gets a shot at Haye. The Klitschkos both destroy him.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

Yep. That would make it no different than the alphabet organizations, but their rankings are much better. Wouldn't be pushing some no name mandatory into a title match, it'd be the best of the best. Why not make the top fighters in a division fight to fill a lineal vacancy? Then again there's no way to do that without threatening to drop guys from ratings, so I know it'll never happen. Just dreaming the dream man.

Comment

great question and not enough talked about! IMO...

The Ring magazine (before the DLH take over)use to be one of the unbiased real
                    ratings that had no use in the politricks of Boxing. Now it seems that its used as tool in fight making now for financial gain. I will never buy another Ring Magazine after they put Mayweather #2 WW in the world and #2 P4P fighter in the world after coming off a 2yr layoff to fight a light weight @ WW and disregarding the Weigh in by coming in over weight and buying his way into the fight. This was where I turned away. It could have been any fighter...not only Mayweather,this was a not the way Ring (the real Ring) would have rated a fighter!

Comment

Working...
                    X