• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch's 1st 3 defenses of his WBC title

Initially he wins the vacant title from Pascal

1st defense: Jermain Taylor ko12
    2nd defense: Andre Dirrell SD
    3rd defense: Mikkel Kessler ???

So much for taking a bunch of soft mandos.

Props to Froch because those four fighters make up a better list than most champions have defended against in 10 defenses.

Yet, IF he beats Kessler (doesn't matter in what manner, as long as he has a W), he still won't get any decent recognition.

What i don't understand is a how a guy with limited skill, calls out every name in the division, and brings old school guts to the ring can get so much hate. I hate these so called boxing 'fans'.

If they're true fans of the sport, what more do they want? I want to see the best fight the best. The ignorance in some posters on these boards is the reason why some of the best members post so rarely now.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
      Yet, IF he beats Kessler (doesn't matter in what manner, as long as he has a W), he still won't get any decent recognition.

What i don't understand is a how a guy with limited skill, calls out every name in the division, and brings old school guts to the ring can get so much hate. I hate these so called boxing 'fans'.

If they're true fans of the sport, what more do they want? I want to see the best fight the best. The ignorance in some posters on these boards is the reason why some of the best members post so rarely now.
      Yeah, it may not be pretty how he gets it done but he does and isn't ducking anyone obviously.

Some ppl on here seem to prefer skilled boxers who never get into the ring over a more crude brawler who will fight anyone and do whatever it takes to win, crazy but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Yeah, it may not be pretty how he gets it done but he does and isn't ducking anyone obviously.

Some ppl on here seem to prefer skilled boxers who never get into the ring over a more crude brawler who will fight anyone and do whatever it takes to win, crazy but true.
        Don't get me wrong, i admire many styles in boxing.

I like skilled boxers such as Bradley who has been in with impressive names since winning his title, and Wlad, and admire the talents of Floyd (sadly doesn't face the opposition we wish to see him face) and Hopkins (labelled boring, but has a very effective style) but i do prefer the guys with a killer instinct. One of my faves, Rafa Marquez has a great technical style, but also has a killer intinct which is quite rare.

Guys like Froch are everywhere in boxing, but it's a mouth like Froch's that gets him noticed. Sadly, it's more negative criticism then it is positive.

I'm sure if Carl was American, they'd take to him more. We all know the hate many posters here have simply because of Nationalism.

Comment

Froch reminds me of a throw back fighter. He's tough as nails and keeps his nose to the grind stone when he's in the ring, always making his opponent work. I respect his ruggedness and his willingness to fight the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Initially he wins the vacant title from Pascal

1st defense: Jermain Taylor ko12
            2nd defense: Andre Dirrell SD
            3rd defense: Mikkel Kessler ???

So much for taking a bunch of soft mandos.

Props to Froch because those four fighters make up a better list than most champions have defended against in 10 defenses.
            say what you want about frochs skill level and hand speed but one thing you can not question is his toughness and willingness to mix it up with the very best also his wins over taylor and pascal which prove that he is a better fighter then he is given credit for on these boards

Comment

I'm a big Froch fan. He's the only legit dude out of UK right now. Until Mitchell fights a fuckin top Mexican, I wont consider him nothin. I dont see how you can be a champ of the lower divisions and never fight a top mexican.

Anyways, enough of that rant. Froch is a boss, been said it, said it forever. I predicted him to win the tourny. I predicted him to beat Dirrell's(won a bet on it). He will whip Kessler's ass too. Froch has that Margarito style. Always come forward and always throw punches. Love that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                say what you want about frochs skill level and hand speed but one thing you can not question is his toughness and willingness to mix it up with the very best also his wins over taylor and pascal which prove that he is a better fighter then he is given credit for on these boards
                what he said.

plus he's an entertainer.

he's very close to breaking into my top 10. i'd love to see him beat kessler, but he's got all the tools and attributes that I respect in a fighter. even if he's not the smoothest boxer. i prefer my favorites to be flawed

Comment

Froch backs up his talk and will genuinely fight anyone. He won the title fighting a very good fighter in Pascal and went to the States to fight Taylor in his first defence. He is Britain's best world champion. The other two guys Haye and Khan play politics too much and will seek out avoiding the best while making a lot of noise. With Froch he will back up his claims. He is not a pretty fighter to watch but is very tough and brings a lot to the table with his heart willingness to fight and desire to win. He speaks his mind and does not succumb to being PC when being interviewed. Kessler and Abraham are going to be great throwback fights. Ward is going to give him real problems because of his superior skills but Froch will make him work.

Comment

Froch fan here. He gets **** on since he lacks pure skills, but so what? The man fights everybody and does his part to make it exciting every time. No reason to disrespect him.

Comment

Working...
                    X