Clear All

• Film 14: Tell No One (2006, French)

Tell No One aka Ne le dis à personne
    Running time: 131 minutes
    Directed by: Guillaume Canet
    Starring: François Cluzet
    IMDB rating: 7.6
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362225/

I'll start by saying that Tell No One was the best foreign film that I've seen so far.

A man and his wife are spending the evening alone by a lake when they are suddenly attacked. She is killed and he is beaten badly, but survives. 8 years later he gets an email with what seems to be solid evidence that she is still alive.

I don't want to detail anymore of the story, the film is so good that I wouldn't want to detract from your enjoyment by spoiling even 1% of what takes place. What I will say is that I consider it to be without flaws in story, acting or pacing.

The story builds up, the characters are well-developed, you care about what will happen next, and enjoy every step of the way.

I've seen a couple of films during the past 2 weeks that I really liked for the most part, but that seemed to falter just a tad towards the end. Tell No One remains strong throughout, right until the credits roll.

As for the bad...there really wasn't any IMO, but I'll provide 2 things that I've heard mentioned. One is that there are plot holes, the other is that, before it is revealed to you, it's pretty much impossible to be able to guess/work out what the truth is about certain events.

Neither of those things bothered me. I didn't notice any plot holes when watching, and as I don't usually put a great effort into trying to figure mysteries out, I didn't care that I was unable to work out the truth before it was revealed. That's what happens to me 99% of the time when watching films/TV shows like this, and as I viewer I think that's a good thing.

I recommend this film highly.

I saw this film not too long ago and loved it as well. Tis a top notch thriller and deserves a lot more recognition.

Comment

Working...
    X