Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a book...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by SPEEDY NINJA View Post
    You know...the Japanese cartoon books. Like Dragonball Z, Initial D etc.
    ah, those might be best recommended in the comic thread. i can bump it.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
      j. patterson actually has written some shorter books (series) about the kids with wings. they have the same names and all, but it's not the same story line.
      They are called the Maximum Ride series.
      Thats the name of the main girl in the book. Any other good fiction books? Doesnt have to be from J. Patterson

      Comment


      • #93
        " The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell

        nice short story inspired many movie including it was made into a movie

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
          Thats the name of the main girl in the book. Any other good fiction books? Doesnt have to be from J. Patterson
          yeah, it's the same kids, from the same place as in the When the Wind Blows but everything else if different.
          I've never read anything else like that - kinda scifi, ya know?


          i did like Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code and
          Angels & Demons

          Comment


          • #95
            Five Families: The Rise, Decline, and Resurgence of America's Most Powerful Mafia Empires by Selwyn Raab

            Read this and see how much of a stranglehold on US economics the Mob still have.

            Comment


            • #96
              The Bible....

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
                yeah, it's the same kids, from the same place as in the When the Wind Blows but everything else if different.
                I've never read anything else like that - kinda scifi, ya know?


                i did like Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code and
                Angels & Demons
                did you reaEdgar Allen Poe short stories?

                There is one where a person trying to seek reveange I wonder why that idea havent made into a movie

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                  did you reaEdgar Allen Poe short stories?

                  There is one where a person trying to seek reveange I wonder why that idea havent made into a movie
                  i read Poe when i was in school.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    My suggestion would be 1984 by George Orwell, at times it can be alittle dry and its not the book for everyone. However if your like me and don't mind that its a really good story.......

                    Its just looking back there really wasn't that much dialogue. The books about 300 pages and I think collectively there's maybe a two pages of dialogue. Alot of things aren't said but the main character thinks them.

                    Comment


                    • I just finished a book called ONE BULLETT AWAY: THE MAKING OF A MARINE OFFICER by Nathaniel Fick.

                      Outstanding book!

                      http://www.nathanielfick.com/book/book.asp

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP