No announcement yet.

As Black History Month starts to....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Black History Month starts to....

.....wind down what did you learn this month about black history?

How many knew about Tom Molineaux that plantation fighter who won so much $$$$$ for his owner he was granted his freedom. He ended up over in Europe fighting for the world title.

Willie Thrower, Marlon Briscoe, James Harris, the first black QB's to play pro football. Fritz Pollard was more of a halfback who threw a few passes, so he doesn't count.

A movie about Texas Western(UTEP) who won the NCAA basketball tourney using five black starters, Bob Beamon who stunned the world with a 29 foot long jump was out of Texas Western.

Movies about Jackie Robinson, Ernie Davis, simply because they were black.

Jackie Robinson was an NCAA long jump champ and a stud UCLA runing back, he was by far the best athlete to evdr play baseball. Yes I know,,,,Moses Fleetwood.

I find the history of the slave trade, blacks trying to make it in America, the impact they have made on music and sports very interesting. If not for the black athlete our USA Olympic teams would have been laughable. Who would Elvis have stold his music from?

If I told you the very first record ever recorded by a black artist happened in 1891 and was called....The Whistling Coon.....would ya believe me?
    Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 02-22-2021, 03:38 PM.

All I know is that I ordered Jamaican food yesterday and it felt so yummy in my tummy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
      All I know is that I ordered Jamaican food yesterday and it felt so yummy in my tummy!
      When I think of Jamaica it's...

Herb McKenley
      Les Laing
      Dennis Johnson
      Don Quarrie
      Lennox Miller
      Asafa Powell
      Ray Stewart
      Michael Frater
      Yohan Blake
      Ben Johnson
      Donovan Powell
      Donovan Bailey
      Linford Christie
      Steve Mullings
      Usain Bolt
      Percival Spencer
      Michael Green

........world class sprinters who were born there.

That and this...

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
      Last edited by Ubeja Vontell; 02-22-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I love reggae music. Jamaicans have had huge influence on British music. From two-tone and ska to jungle and even dubstep. I would love to go to a jungle rave right now. Hopefully soon!!

Comment

Burn loot murder BLM

Comment

I appreciate the way you try to educate us. You come with a lot of little known facts

Comment

Originally posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
              .....wind down what did you learn this month about black history?

How many knew about Tom Molineaux that plantation fighter who won so much $$$$$ for his owner he was granted his freedom. He ended up over in Europe fighting for the world title.

Willie Thrower, Marlon Briscoe, James Harris, the first black QB's to play pro football. Fritz Pollard was more of a halfback who threw a few passes, so he doesn't count.

A movie about Texas Western(UTEP) who won the NCAA basketball tourney using five black starters, Bob Beamon who stunned the world with a 29 foot long jump was out of Texas Western.

Movies about Jackie Robinson, Ernie Davis, simply because they were black.

Jackie Robinson was an NCAA long jump champ and a stud UCLA runing back, he was by far the best athlete to evdr play baseball. Yes I know,,,,Moses Fleetwood.

I find the history of the slave trade, blacks trying to make it in America, the impact they have made on music and sports very interesting. If not for the black athlete our USA Olympic teams would have been laughable. Who would Elvis have stold his music from?

If I told you the very first record ever recorded by a black artist happened in 1891 and was called....The Whistling Coon.....would ya believe me?
              When you say Elvis stole his music, I assume you mean his early hits? And does that mean those songs didn't credit the original singers and songwriters in the liner notes? Or did it say who the songs were originally written and recorded by?

I know Led Zeppelin for years got away with ripping off blues artists until that BS was found out about. Especially Willie Dixon and Howlin Wolf.

Comment

Well, not much. Tree hugger may have been a black used insult for west indies people.

Comment

Yeah. I have learned something.

Mayonnaise sucks.

Eminem is black.

100% of the cra... I mean whites have a Golden Retriever.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
                    I appreciate the way you try to educate us. You come with a lot of little known facts
                    Love to share.

Comment

Working...
                    X