Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need to stop the lying about the Texas freeze. Here are the facts.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to stop the lying about the Texas freeze. Here are the facts.

First off, let's stop the lie about this being a private sector problem exclusively.

Yes, we have some private electric companies. I get my power from one, for example.

And we have public, ie Government-ran electric providers.

In my house, we had alot less power outages than my friends and family in Austin under Austin Energy, the government provider.

As to water, we also have a private company providing that, while those in the Austin city limits have Austin Power, which is the Government.

We never lost water, while everyone I know in Austin either lost water and got it back on, or they still have no water.

Below are links to Austin Power and Austin Water showing they are indeed Government utilities, and not private companies.
    https://austinenergy.com/ae/
    https://www.austintexas.gov/content/austin-water

We need to get the facts out, not lies by political hacks and cheerleaders.

I hope this helps clear up some of the lies being told on this forum on this subject.

And as to me starting this thread as opposed to commenting on the existing ones; the other threads were started by a political cheerleader with most of the non-superfan forum users (including myself) on Ignore, so he cannot be challenged on his lies.

Colder temps are the result of global warming

Comment

One of the worst aspects to the commentary are how many members here and even media elites think it’s a source of amusement. They consider Texas a red state full of hicks, and don’t realize how many minorities have been impacted by this storm. I’m sure a lot of folks in both sides of political fence are suffering right now in Texas. But we have petty idiots who celebrate other people’s suffering because of their ignorance and inherent bigotry.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        One of the worst aspects to the commentary are how many members here and even media elites think it’s a source of amusement. They consider Texas a red state full of hicks, and don’t realize how many minorities have been impacted by this storm. I’m sure a lot of folks in both sides of political fence are suffering right now in Texas. But we have petty idiots who celebrate other people’s suffering because of their ignorance and inherent bigotry.
        And remember, these are the people who say they are the enlightened tolerant and accepting ones.

Comment

may all beings be free from suffering, even the red state beings

Comment

over 2/3rds of the power outages came from electric companies in the private sector.

Source: https://poweroutage.us/area/state/texas
            Last edited by Pechorin; 02-20-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              And remember, these are the people who say they are the enlightened tolerant and accepting ones.
              That clown flipjbefrox started like four threads just to laugh at Texas. Imagine how much of a loser you have to be to rejoice over the suffering of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                That clown flipjbefrox started like four threads just to laugh at Texas. Imagine how much of a loser you have to be to rejoice over the suffering of these people.
                And all of them are big superfan circle jerks because he has almost all the non-superfans here on Ignore.

The guy is a real pile of garbage, laughing at the sufferings of people he falsely assumes to all be different than him.

Because as usual, superfan and "stupid" voters dont think too deep. Of those who vote here, well over 40% vote D. And those people are suffering just as bad as non-Democrats.

This type of abhorrent behavior should be alarming; because laughing at the suffering and dying of people different than you is something certain people in history did, before they threw them into gas chambers and crematoriums.

These people clearly are the modern day fascists.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
                  over 2/3rds of the power outages came from electric companies in the private sector.

Source: https://poweroutage.us/area/state/texas
                  So then blaming it entirely on the private sector is indeed ignorance and lies.

Thank you for clearing that up, and with a source citation.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    So then blaming it entirely on the private sector is indeed ignorance and lies.

Thank you for clearing that up, and with a source citation.
                    The only blame on the private sector I've seen has come from Gov. Greg Abbott blaming ERCOT. But whatever, I guess...

Comment

Working...
                    X