WTF Im pre-diabetic any of you are too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4truth
    replied
    If it were me, I'd get one of these post haste, no matter the expense. A friend of mine at work has one, he's type 1. After watching his Dexcom 6 work with his iphone for a few months, I've decided to get one and so far as I know, I don't have a medical blood sugar issue.

https://time.com/4703099/continuous-...ugar-diabetes/

Leave a comment:

• COVID-19
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    I was on the right track lost 10lbs. cardio 6miles a day. cut carbs, cut sugar then BOOM we all on locked down and can't get any healthy groceries anymore!

I’ve found that going to the smaller grocery shops it is easier to go as there are less people when a lot of people are focusing on the larger supermarkets.

I got fresh vegetables without being around a lot of people.

Leave a comment:

• TheGR8TESTOAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamesfranklin View Post
    I think avoiding some foods that can be problematic for diabetes is necessary. While I think diabetes does not impact highly on your training. My friend is also diabetic, and the doctor advised him to eat healthy and lifestyle changes. He also advised him to do some other anaerobic exercises for fitness and coping with diabetes.
    I was on the right track lost 10lbs. cardio 6miles a day. cut carbs, cut sugar then BOOM we all on locked down and can't get any healthy groceries anymore!

Leave a comment:

• Fat_asian
    replied
    Same here dawg, diabetes insepidus

Leave a comment:

• Jamesfranklin
    replied
    I think avoiding some foods that can be problematic for diabetes is necessary. While I think diabetes does not impact highly on your training. My friend is also diabetic, and the doctor advised him to eat healthy and lifestyle changes. He also advised him to do some other anaerobic exercises for fitness and coping with diabetes.

Leave a comment:

• -MAKAVELLI-
    replied
    I thought gout was only big Shrek looking foos then one of our co-workers who's fit actually skinny like Danny Tanner on Full House caught it and we all were like F no!

He doesn't even eat red meat, just occasional pork, chicken and fish. He said his guilty cheat meal was chicken wings and thats what did him in.

I was like WHAT???? Damn.

Yeah bro I stopped eating red meat too, too many stomach and heart issues in my family so I quit that beef even tho I love it! Was hard as hell the first year but once you make it a year its gravy!

Good luck bro!
    yea, bud..im at the gym 3 times a week, run about 15miles and lift all the time...take my supplements...but the alcohol and my overall diet always comes back and bites me in the ass

at this point, diet is the key to everything..price to pay for getting old...im not in my 20s or 30s anymore and these flareups remind all the time smh

Leave a comment:

• Don Pichardo
    replied
    I'm not diabetic bro stop spreading false scare nonsense. When I got my eye exam the eye doctor did the extra exam to determine for diabetes and he said I was good.

I went to a family friend she read my blood result test and said everything else was healthy but said I need to get those numbers lower obviously avoid sugar, carbs, and more exercise.

She said one of the reasons why my number was high because I took the blood test in January and its traces back 3 months window. So from October, November and December we were partying it up hard, drinking hard, eating all kinds of sugary desserts for thanksgiving, xmas, New Years etc.

She said to take the test again at the end of summer and if I get my shat together it should be way lower because there won't be any holiday crap food in my system.

Either way bro its a wake up call and I've already been grinding hard in the gym and bought a new bike and hit the trails 6 miles a day cardio.

I plan to drop 20lbs hopefully sooner than later.

But I hope you are doing better.
    Not. Trying to scare anybody. Just spreading i it from my research. Feel free to ignore it all.

Exercise is great. Watch the carbs. Try to get your a1c in the upper fours.

I’m good. I keep mine in the 5 range. 4 is harder than hell. I need a cheat day a week for mental health maintenance. This 4s is damn near impossible for me. I Exercise 6 days a week for 50 minutes. I’m over all good.

Good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• .!WAR MIKEY!.
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    Just as bad is that high sugar intake causes cancer and Alzheimer’s. The medical profession won’t admit it.

Researches are now calling Alzheimer’s type 3 diabetics.

Cancer feeds and grows off blood sugar. Researchers have concluded sugar intake is the direct cause of many if. It most cancers.

Fun fact. Sugar is a corrosive. Put a piece of metal in a can of Coke and go back a few days later. And the government calls a food and fit for consumption. It’s not. But their is too much money in it

Lastly is aLeo a drug. It has been found to be ultra addictive. Starbucks is on every corner for a reason. It’s a stimulant. To test this cut all sugar and carbs for a couple weeks. After withdrawals (headaches) are over, consume a candy bar. You will feel your heart pound hard and fast. We don’t notice it because we have built up tolerance.
    yeah man, I cut sugar out a long time ago. Never was a sweet person personally.

Leave a comment:

• TheGR8TESTOAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    Sorry bro. But your diabetic. The pre diabetis crap is bs. Your A1c is higher then normal (4.7-4.8) which means your pancreas is compromised. YOu have already destroyed a good portion of it. To save the rest stop eating carbs. ALL Carbs. Your life depends on it.

BTW carbs for diabetic and non diabetics are disasterous to the human body.

Unfortunatley we only care once we are told we are diabetic.

Look up and read Dr. Bernstien "the diabetes solution"

and Tubes "the case against sugar"

your head will explode.
    I'm not diabetic bro stop spreading false scare nonsense. When I got my eye exam the eye doctor did the extra exam to determine for diabetes and he said I was good.

I went to a family friend she read my blood result test and said everything else was healthy but said I need to get those numbers lower obviously avoid sugar, carbs, and more exercise.

She said one of the reasons why my number was high because I took the blood test in January and its traces back 3 months window. So from October, November and December we were partying it up hard, drinking hard, eating all kinds of sugary desserts for thanksgiving, xmas, New Years etc.

She said to take the test again at the end of summer and if I get my shat together it should be way lower because there won't be any holiday crap food in my system.

Either way bro its a wake up call and I've already been grinding hard in the gym and bought a new bike and hit the trails 6 miles a day cardio.

I plan to drop 20lbs hopefully sooner than later.

But I hope you are doing better.

Leave a comment:

• TheGR8TESTOAT
    replied
    Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    im not PD...tests came back ok BUT i've been having issues with gout lately

no more tuna melts or steaks every week

getting old facking sucks
    I thought gout was only big Shrek looking foos then one of our co-workers who's fit actually skinny like Danny Tanner on Full House caught it and we all were like F no!

He doesn't even eat red meat, just occasional pork, chicken and fish. He said his guilty cheat meal was chicken wings and thats what did him in.

I was like WHAT???? Damn.

Yeah bro I stopped eating red meat too, too many stomach and heart issues in my family so I quit that beef even tho I love it! Was hard as hell the first year but once you make it a year its gravy!

Good luck bro!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X