WTF Im pre-diabetic any of you are too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
    **** dude, i'm sorry to hear that!!

I've eaten unhealthily my whole adult life pretty much, from micro burgers to endless takeaways. I should be a fat ass but I tend to limit myself to one meal a day actually, just to curb intake of calories. It's varied throughout my adult life but i've usually had some form of exercise going on, usually running. (which I hate but I love food so, what to do )

Why were you initially tested? Did you have symptoms or were you just having a routine check up?

I wish you all the luck buddy, try to stay disciplined with the food but don't forget to live too!
    Yeah I think Im just eat salads and Asian food, Japanese food in particular, with fish as the primary focus from now on. All my Asian friends seem to be more healthy and their parents live longer than any of my other friends parents too.

The reason why I got the check up was cuz my lady and my moms have been harassing me to get checked up ever since my mid 30's.

I did put on weight like about 20lbs more but this was mostly due to my work always sending me out and im in hotels and planes 6 months of the year.

Every new year I promised my mom and lady id go get checked up and finally said in 2020 I will no matter what lol. I pushed it and prolonged it as long as I could and finally went in 2020.

But yeah last year one of my co-workers died and she was only 38! Few of my friends caught the gout.

I definitely put on weight I used to look like Roy Jones now I be looking more like Mike Tyson these days.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Oh well then...just let it all go. What's a little diabetes anyways.
      No F that I'm lean out back to my Roy Jones Jr best days!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Not on my watch. I’ll let old jap mejbdea

Don’t make make make me get carried up the flnt Fuji. Bro you my guy b I’ll drag you through hell’s. Me. I pulled Jose’s out my throat.y wife singed some hospital bs... you ain’t gong no mo ****ing place with out my and jhonnys permission
        Yeah bro Im try to eat all salads, veggies ton of fish. Im focus on Japanese food and fish from now on. Those Japanese are the healthiest and live forever!

Im get my body back to Roy Jones levels!

Comment

you aint gotta be a fatty to have it bro!! stay off them sugar and sweets... i need to cut back on those too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
            WTF? So I just got the results of my blood tests and I'm pre-diabetic!!!???

I thought you had to be a fatty to be pre-diabetic. I've been slacking on my work outs and cardio for sure but never knew I'd be PD!

I guess the Hemoglobin A1C was 6.1 for me.

5.7 to 6.4 is Prediabetes

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

So doctors saying I gotta lose weight, each more plant based meals, more fish.

Anybody else in a similar boat? Or any tips? Suggestions?

I saw if you eat avocado, garlic, kiwi, lemon, eggs, even popcorn helps!
            Sorry bro. But your diabetic. The pre diabetis crap is bs. Your A1c is higher then normal (4.7-4.8) which means your pancreas is compromised. YOu have already destroyed a good portion of it. To save the rest stop eating carbs. ALL Carbs. Your life depends on it.

BTW carbs for diabetic and non diabetics are disasterous to the human body.

Unfortunatley we only care once we are told we are diabetic.

Look up and read Dr. Bernstien "the diabetes solution"

and Tubes "the case against sugar"

your head will explode.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              research intermittent fasting it has some good results with lowering insulin resistance.

Also get a monitor and see when and where u r high as the a1 is just an average it doesn't necessarily mean you're getting dangerous high levels, but testing regularly for a few weeks will give u an idea of what sets it off and at what times, everybody is different.

also don't be afraid to take metformin if your DR says to, its one of the safest, cheapest drugs going around and research is showing it has all kinds of benefits from weight loss to reduced risk of heart disease and cancer.
              word about metphorin

it should be given to all americans. Diabetic or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                WTF? So I just got the results of my blood tests and I'm pre-diabetic!!!???

I thought you had to be a fatty to be pre-diabetic. I've been slacking on my work outs and cardio for sure but never knew I'd be PD!

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

I saw if you eat avocado, garlic, kiwi, lemon, eggs, even popcorn helps!

I tell you this.

Get back on your workout. (LIFT HEAVY, lifting heavy burns more calories and stay burning more calories than cardio does.)

Breakfast - 1 cup Steel-cut Oatmeal, cinnamon, and a banana (barely past green).
                Lunch - Ground Beef mixed with vegetables to your liking, white rice.*
                WORKOUT BURN OFF THAT CARBS and shit
                Dinner - Chicken breast with avocados slices and a cruciferous vegetables i.e broccoli, Brussels Sprouts etc.* with a protien drink (dinner should be very very low carbs you dont need any to sleep)

*Now portion this out to fit your calories goals for weight loss, calculate that here - https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator

Things to remember, 3500 calories = 1 pound. So calculate your maintenance right now (the calorie intake it takes for you to neither lose or gain weight) and then subtract X amount of calories a day for you goal of weekly weight lost you wish to achieve. For example a 500 calorie deficit a day will yield you 1lb weight loss (500 calories x 7 days = 3500 calories = 1lb weight loss).

Also only drink water, buy yourself protein shake to have with dinner after your workouts (Optimally your workout should be after your lunch) best protein imo is https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QQA0H3S/ it doenst have all those fake sweeters surclose, aparteme (which can trigger your diebetis) so get this one and drink that.

and stay on this till you reach your target weight goal and are clearly out of the prediabetic range.

Also if you want to kick it into overdrive and get the benefits of intermittent fasten, consume all your foods within a 8 hour period. 10am to 6pm for an example. ALSO IMPORTANT: Only drink water outside of this 8 hour window to gain all the benefits of intermittent fasting, any calories intake will defeat the fasten.

GOOD LUCK! and be DISCIPLINED! you don't want to be taking pills everyday and sticking yourself with insulin everyday TWICE A DAY!
                Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 02-19-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=TheGR8TESTOAT;20398275]WTF? So I just got the results of my blood tests and I'm pre-diabetic!!!???

over 6.4 is Diabetes!

WTF???

I saw if you eat avocado, garlic, kiwi, lemon,p

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Wait so if you get to 6.5 you got diabetes, but what if you drop it to 5.8 after that. Are you back to being pre-diabetic after being diabetic??? Or once it goes past 6.5 does it not go back down for some reason?

Is that all diabetes is is popping a 6.5 on this test?
                    NO! Once your diabetic that's it. You can control it. In fact if you have it controlled you can go on forever without ever being diagnosed as a diabetic. Its only found out when it out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      Diabetes is caused from eating to much meat especially sandwich type meats.
                      your joking right...

Comment

Working...
                      X