Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Buddha encouraged us to investigate for ourselves and did not claim to be a god, only a man that found a way to liberate suffering. I would rather follow his teachings than anyone who claims to be a god, as there is no evidence of god. you'd think if there was a creator god, he/she/it would make it know beyond a doubt.

Comment

• i realize that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, i'm just saying that you can't say one way or the other, so what's the point in believing or debating it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        I’m re reading the gospels and in always praying for men to know God

know god, know peace, no god no peace?

Comment

• Originally posted by bossm523 View Post
          Correct!!!

Comment

• It's freezing outside and a good time to read your Bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by bossm523 View Post
              Very true.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                One of the reasons the world is so screwed up are intolerant religious folk. This was one of the reasons literally millions were tortured and killed during the Crusades. Mystical beliefs are an area one should be able to venture and explore on their own without persecution.

I for one have ventured and explored. When you die you shut down, the lights go out and you cease to exist.
                On this plane atleast.............Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  On this plane atleast.............Rockin'
                  The crusades were a response to years and years of islamic oppression. They robbed, killed, raped and enslaved countless people.

Comment

• Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll.

Comment

• Actually quite wrong. For a start, medieval crusades were by no means exclusively fought against Muslims. One of the busiest regions of crusading was the Baltic, where for centuries armies wearing crusader crosses fought against pagans in modern Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. In the south of France there was a long crusade in the thirteenth century against heretics known as Cathars (the ‘Albigensian crusade’). In 1204, during the ill-fated Fourth Crusade, a French and Venetian fleet disgorged an army which laid siege to Constantinople, slaughtering and robbing Greek Christians and burning hundreds of acres of the greatest city in eastern Christendom to the ground. Popes used the crusade as a blunt political instrument against their allies, launching crusades against Christian rulers up to and including Holy Roman Emperors – supposedly the secular defender of Christendom in the west.

Comment

Working...
                      X