No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
    I'm against all types of these payments. You lose a war, that is your payment. You lose a street fight...that is your reward. Your ancestors sold you off...you should not seek reparations from the buyer.

Please tell me that the sellers and traders made restitutions centuries later, Grand Poohbah
    Put it in the last post. Guess you didn't catch it.

https://medium.com/the-aambc-journal...s-ee631e863e2c

Can't blame Africa for that, can you, Bubba Sparxxx?
    Last edited by travestyny; 07-01-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Put it in the last post. Guess you didn't catch it.

https://medium.com/the-aambc-journal...s-ee631e863e2c

Can't blame Africa for that, can you?
      The 1st wrong should be handled before all proceeding wrongs. Or is that asking too much ?

My math might be off but isn't Africa at least 500 years older than America (I won't question how old the practice of slavery is) ?

The idea of forgiving the sellers and traders debt and going after the buyers is pretty re tarded.

Comment

The 1st wrong should be handled before all proceeding wrongs. Or is that asking too much ?
        And what would the first wrong be? When Europeans were taking Africans themselves? You do realize that not all African slaves were caught by Africans, or no?

But yea, you still make no sense. If I kidnapped you and sold you to Bobby, and Bobby keeps you locked in his basement. Both Bobby and I are fair game for law enforcement. Do you think they won't prosecute Bobby until they find me?

Come on. You can do better than that, can't you?

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
        My math might be off but isn't Africa at least 500 years older than America (I won't question how old the practice of slavery is) ?

The idea of forgiving the sellers and traders debt and going after the buyers is pretty re tarded.
        Who says anyone is forgiven? Your whole "in order" routine is certainly re tarded, and makes no sense.

Do you need more help?
        Last edited by travestyny; 07-01-2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

And what would the first wrong be? When Europeans were taking Africans themselves? You do realize that not all African slaves were caught by Africans, or no?

But yea, you still make no sense. If I kidnapped you and sold you to Bobby, and Bobby keeps you locked in his basement. Both of you are fair game for law enforcement. Do you think they won't prosecute you until they find me?

Come on. You can do better than that, can't you?

Who says anyone is forgiven? Your whole "in order" routine is certainly re tarded, and makes no sense.

Do you need more help?
          Kidnapping ?!?!?

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

''Motivations for Slavery
          One thing that many Westerners wonder about African slavers is why they were willing to sell their own people. Why would they sell Africans to Europeans? The simple answer to this question is that they did not see slaves as "their own people." Blackness (as an identity or marker of difference) was at that time a preoccupation of Europeans, not Africans. There was also in this era no collective sense of being "African." In other words, African slave traders felt no obligation to protect African slaves because they did not regard them as their equals.''
          https://www.thoughtco.com/african-slave-traders-44538

Bored for now. Maybe when I'm less bored I will revisit.

Comment

Kidnapping ?!?!?

''Motivations for Slavery
            One thing that many Westerners wonder about African slavers is why they were willing to sell their own people. Why would they sell Africans to Europeans? The simple answer to this question is that they did not see slaves as "their own people." Blackness (as an identity or marker of difference) was at that time a preoccupation of Europeans, not Africans. There was also in this era no collective sense of being "African." In other words, African slave traders felt no obligation to protect African slaves because they did not regard them as their equals.''
            https://www.thoughtco.com/african-slave-traders-44538

Bored for now. Maybe when I'm less bored I will revisit.

Learn something, son.

Apologists for the African slave trade long argued that European traders did not enslave anyone: they simply purchased Africans who had already been enslaved and who otherwise would have been put to death. Thus, apologists claimed, the slave trade actually saved lives. Such claims represent a gross distortion of the facts. Some independent slave merchants did in fact stage raids on unprotected African villages and kidnap and enslave Africans. Most professional slave traders, however, set up bases along the west African coast where they purchased slaves from Africans in exchange for firearms and other goods. Before the end of the seventeenth century, England, France, Denmark, Holland, and Portugal had all established slave trading posts on the west African coast.
            http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/dis...tid=2&psid=445
            And some more that you chose to ignore.

In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.

https://kottke.org/16/02/a-history-o...-united-states

Whenever you return, I'll make sure school is back in session.

Comment

Learn something, son.
              You take insufferable to uncharted places.

Take care

Comment

You take insufferable to uncharted places.

Take care
                I just enjoy correcting falsehoods and stupidity.

You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                  Lazy peeps will always be lazy peeps even if u give them millions

Its a mental thing
                  I got lazy relatives, and they are barely tolerated. People in my family hate other family members because they canít keep a job, because they donít like working.

Immigrants come to the US and a lot of them find it easy to shine, and make a good living.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Interesting, but I think itís tough to level the playing field at this point.

Iíd like to read details about the bill and itís implementation. Tire hits the road kinda stuff.

In Israel, ultra Orthodox Jews, the men especially, donít work, make babies, and vote, they study the Torah all day, and rely on welfare, the donít serve in the IDF, and just make lots of babies.

Back to reparations. How do you pay a people back for past wrongs? Iím sure the Native Americans deserve an immeasurable amount of reparations. Getting placed on a reservation in your own country has had a disastrous effect on the inactive American nations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      Interesting, but I think itís tough to level the playing field at this point.

Iíd like to read details about the bill and itís implementation. Tire hits the road kinda stuff.

In Israel, ultra Orthodox Jews, the men especially, donít work, make babies, and vote, they study the Torah all day, and rely on welfare, the donít serve in the IDF, and just make lots of babies.

Back to reparations. How do you pay a people back for past wrongs? Iím sure the Native Americans deserve an immeasurable amount of reparations. Getting placed on a reservation in your own country has had a disastrous effect on the inactive American nations.
                      Levels the playing field

By giving people things they didn't earn

Sit around being lazy long enough and you get to reap more benfits

No one is going to Ghana

Comment

Working...
                      X