No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    This was part of the logistical problem I presented earlier in the thread. The cost and time it will take to trace the lineage of American blacks to determine who gets it and who doesnít. It will take years and hundreds of millions in funds just to narrow down recipients.
    I dont doubt the logistic of it will be a pain but so is alot of things, mediacar, ssn, irs, etc etc, it will just become another department, hell it will create JOBS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      If you really want to play ignorant about the Contras scandal, that's on you.
      I thought you were referring to American agencies flooding our own neighborhoods with drugs.

I read up on the Contras scandal and there was no mention of drugs. Just illegal sale of weapons.

If you have a link that can clarify......

Comment

• Who owes, how much and who receives it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          Who owes, how much and who receives it ?
          Who Owes: American Tax dollars. The accepted argument is that America (U.S. built its wealth off the back of free labor in the form of legal slavery).

How Much Owed: Its anywhere from 6.4 trillion to 54 trillion the sources cite.

Who Receives it: Those who are direct descendants of Slavery during that time period where slavery was legal in the united states.

Comment

• Now you have my attention Mrs Williamson

Comment

• It's not surprising that here one of the biggest assertions against reparations is that it would be a "handout" to lazy people....

and yet you have ostensibly non-black posters who are against reparations talking about making false claims to be a part of the "hand-outs" Aint that ironic.

Sorry, lazy, conniving culture vultures. It would never work that way. Check out Darity's criteria for who would qualify. A simple look at your driver's license that reveals your race as non-black is going to do you in.

Time Stamped
              [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Criteria 1: It would be up to the individual to prove that she/he had an ancestor that was enslaved in the US.

Criteria 2: For at least 10 years before the onset of the reparations program, in some official document, he or she must have indicated that he/she is racially black.

I didn't know that all it would take was reparations to turn some of you into Rachel Dolezal
              Last edited by travestyny; 06-30-2019, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
                Who Owes: American Tax dollars. The accepted argument is that America (U.S. built its wealth off the back of free labor in the form of legal slavery).

How Much Owed: Its anywhere from 6.4 trillion to 54 trillion the sources cite.

Who Receives it: Those who are direct descendants of Slavery during that time period where slavery was legal in the united states.
                http://theconversation.com/the-case-...plained-114124
                (as of 4/2019)

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...ing-but-flawed

So, we all get taxed equally (excluding certified descendants of slaves) ???

What if my family tree had nothing to do with slavery ???

Isn't that similar to me having to pay for something my neighbor did ?!?

If that's the case, then non affected African Americans will have to pay the tax as well.

Rewarding some by penalizing others isn't fair. Enforcing a reparation tax on non participants isn't fair.

https://qz.com/1569005/has-america-paid-reparations/

On the above lists, the recipients were easily identified.

With slavery, it started out as a legal transaction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery

The history of slavery spans many cultures, nationalities, and religions from ancient times to the present day. However the social, economic, and legal positions of slaves have differed vastly in different systems of slavery in different times and places.

I tried googling ''How are African countries making reparations to African slave ancestors'' to no avail. South Africans paid out $4000 to 18k individuals ($72 mil).

Comment

http://theconversation.com/the-case-...plained-114124
                  (as of 4/2019)

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...ing-but-flawed

So, we all get taxed equally (excluding certified descendants of slaves) ???

What if my family tree had nothing to do with slavery ???

Isn't that similar to me having to pay for something my neighbor did ?!?

If that's the case, then non affected African Americans will have to pay the tax as well.

Rewarding some by penalizing others isn't fair. Enforcing a reparation tax on non participants isn't fair.

https://qz.com/1569005/has-america-paid-reparations/

On the above lists, the recipients were easily identified.

With slavery, it started out as a legal transaction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery

The history of slavery spans many cultures, nationalities, and religions from ancient times to the present day. However the social, economic, and legal positions of slaves have differed vastly in different systems of slavery in different times and places.

I tried googling ''How are African countries making reparations to African slave ancestors'' to no avail. South Africans paid out $4000 to 18k individuals ($72 mil).

We all get taxed equally? the notion is yes? why? cause we are all american citizens.

what if you family had nothing to do with it?, its a reparation taxed against The United States for it past policy (legal slavery) so as a American you will have to chip in, thats what tax dollars are (a collection for representation).

paying for Something your neighbor did? I think I already touched on that with the above statement. we collectively are a nation and are represented by the untied states! We pay taxes to be represented regardless of disagreement or agreement on various issues. Did you create the 20 trillion dollar deficit? NO, but you taxes will still go to it in part cause you are part of this nation.

It isnt fair? alot of things arent fair, slavery wasn't fair. we as citizens of the U.S. pay taxes to our government to represent us.

Identifying who will receive what is still in its infancy.

It started out as a legal transaction? That does not shelter it from judgment. The Holocaust was LEGAL! Slavery was LEGAL! Segregation was LEGAL! Japanese internment was LEGAL! etc etc.

LEGALITY IS NOT A GUIDE FOR MORALITY!

Dont worry about what other nations did or whatever, YOU LIVE IN THE U.S.A. BABY! act like you know.
                  Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 06-30-2019, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
                    We all get taxed equally? the notion is yes? why? cause we are all american citizens.

what if you family had nothing to do with it?, its a reparation taxed against The United States for it past policy (legal slavery) so as a American you will have to chip in, thats what tax dollars are (a collection for representation).

paying for Something your neighbor did? I think I already touched on that with the above statement. we collectively are a nation and are represented by the untied states! We pay taxes to be represented regardless of disagreement or agreement on various issues. Did you create the 20 trillion dollar deficit? NO, but you taxes will still go to it in part cause you are part of this nation.

It isnt fair? alot of things arent fair, slavery wasn't fair. we as citizens of the U.S. pay taxes to our government to represent us.

Identifying who will receive what is still in its infancy.

It started out as a legal transaction? That does not shelter it from judgment. The Holocaust was LEGAL! Slavery was LEGAL! Segregation was LEGAL! Japanese internment was LEGAL!

LEGALITY IS NOT A GUIDE FOR MORALITY!

Dont worry about what other nations did or whatever, YOU LIVE IN THE U.S.A. BABY! act like you know.
                    Well, no. Not everyone is taxed equally. It matters mostly on how much a person makes. State taxes and Fed taxes are not the same.

Most taxes go to fund various public services and upgrades. There are also emergency funds, retirement (SS) funds, charity funds (for other countries), security funds, NASA......

legal funds.....
                    https://www.uclalawreview.org/wp-con...wartz-63-5.pdf

Ideally, a fund can be set up and distributed over time to those affected by slavery.

Why should we Americans turn a blind eye on how other countries sort out their slavery (past and present) issues when we simultaneously look at how other countries handle their own atrocities (not necessarily slavery issues).

If something that was once legal is then outlawed, those crimes are not revisited under any scenario I'm familiar with.

Getting to the starting point of the slavery, in which every race was victimized, should be a part of the discussion. No passes should be handed out.

Slavery was a worldwide practice so the whole world needs to be examined.

Baby

Comment

Well, no. Not everyone is taxed equally. It matters mostly on how much a person makes. State taxes and Fed taxes are not the same.

Most taxes go to fund various public services and upgrades. There are also emergency funds, retirement (SS) funds, charity funds (for other countries), security funds, NASA......

legal funds.....
                      https://www.uclalawreview.org/wp-con...wartz-63-5.pdf

Ideally, a fund can be set up and distributed over time to those affected by slavery.

Why should we Americans turn a blind eye on how other countries sort out their slavery (past and present) issues when we simultaneously look at how other countries handle their own atrocities (not necessarily slavery issues).

If something that was once legal is then outlawed, those crimes are not revisited under any scenario I'm familiar with.

Getting to the starting point of the slavery, in which every race was victimized, should be a part of the discussion. No passes should be handed out.

Slavery was a worldwide practice so the whole world needs to be examined.

Baby
                      true, I meant we all will pay the piper now how does that break down to individual depends on your tax bracket like everthing does. Thought that be more like common sense.

Alot of taxes also doesnt go to public services etc, goes to foreign aid etc. This will just be another tax.

A fund is more an elective of an organization to maximize their protfolio moreso than a route to pay a tax/settlement. (its what that source you linked is basically discussing)

America should never look to other nation to set the standard. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

things that once were legal but outlaws? sex offenders still have to register as sex offenders for crimes that took place before the sex offenders act took place. hell war crimes (acts against humnaity), japanese internment etc etc tons of examples.

Every race taht was a victim of slaverly in the United States will have their Issue, KEYWORD is Slavery, United States.

Slavery was a worldwide issue and what a great opportunity does the United States have to lead by example! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
                      Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 06-30-2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X