No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    No matter what side he's on, that side is 'winning' and is never wrong.

Dont believe me, just ask him.
    I'm beginning to think I ruined your life more than Sunspace

I'm waiting for the moment that you start accusing everyone of being me
    Last edited by travestyny; 05-21-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kew-L_tkDCM …….Rockin'

Comment

• Have any of you guys heard of the Freedmen's Bureau? The government provided assistance to newly freed slaves. Check it out and let me know what you think...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Freedmens-Bureau

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          I didn't ask you to. Ya hurrd meh.

That's why reading is fundamental.
          - -That why yer diapers need changing.

14th amendment

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- -That why yer diapers need changing.

14th amendment
            Come and tell us what you learned about the 14th amendment, Queenie.

Come on. Tell everybody what your daddy taught you . That must have been really embarrassing for you, huh?
            Last edited by travestyny; 05-19-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              Have any of you guys heard of the Freedmen's Bureau? The government provided assistance to newly freed slaves. Check it out and let me know what you think...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Freedmens-Bureau
              Seemed like a good program not only for slaves but also for poor whites. Apparently it did have some success, but ultimately was a failure due to opposition from White Southerners as well as President Johnson. It was underfunded and some of the things it sought to do to make a difference were either thwarted or overturned. The most important being land redistribution, which was seen as the major way to establish and pass on wealth. It's a shame that they didn't allow the program to really make a difference.

Comment

• - -If you don't like the terms of the 14th amendment, get it overturned.

#14thamendmentmatters

Comment

I answered this fool like 8 times. He doesn't like my answers because he doesn't want to answer my questions
                  Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  I answered this fool like 8 times. He doesn't like my answers because he doesn't want to answer my questions
                  Me - Which African American would trade family trees with 100 % Native ????

You - So what am I supposed to pick? Are you asking me personally if I would trade my family tree with a 100% Native Americans' family tree?

If I were 100% Native American, I would be proud of who I am and I wouldn't want to switch anything.

As a black American, I don't want to be anything other than what I am and I don't want to switch anything.

========================================

The bold was completely unnecessary. Just stick with the wording of the question....Which you finally did.

Of course you wouldn't want to change your family tree with a natives. NO African American would.

About 5.5 mil natives were enslaved. Those who weren't outright slaughtered. African slaves weren't bought to be killed. They were bought to work.

Now, if I were a Native American whose family tree is 100 % native, I'd trade places in a heartbeat.

Which is my point.

Comment

Seemed like a good program not only for slaves but also for poor whites. Apparently it did have some success, but ultimately was a failure due to opposition from White Southerners as well as President Johnson. It was underfunded and some of the things it sought to do to make a difference were either thwarted or overturned. The most important being land redistribution, which was seen as the major way to establish and pass on wealth. It's a shame that they didn't allow the program to really make a difference.
                    I'm not getting that it was a total failure.

Freedmen’s Bureau, (1865–72), during the Reconstruction period after the American Civil War, popular name for the U.S. Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands, established by Congress to provide practical aid to 4,000,000 newly freed African Americans in their transition from slavery to freedom. Headed by Maj. Gen. Oliver O. Howard, the Freedmen’s Bureau might be termed the first federal welfare agency. Despite handicaps of inadequate funds and poorly trained personnel, the bureau built hospitals for, and gave direct medical assistance to, more than 1,000,000 freedmen. More than 21,000,000 rations were distributed to impoverished blacks as well as whites.

Its greatest accomplishments were in education: more than 1,000 black schools were built and over $400,000 spent to establish teacher-training institutions. Among the historically black colleges and universities that received aid from the bureau were Atlanta University (1865; now Clark Atlanta University) and Fisk University (1866; originally the Fisk School), named for Gen. Clinton B. Fisk of the Tennessee Freedmen’s Bureau, who gave the school its original facilities in a former Union army barracks. Howard University, founded in 1867 through an act by the U.S. Congress, was named for Maj. Gen. Howard.

Those colleges are still around to this day which is a pretty remarkable achievement imo. So, I guess the point being that actions were taken to help with the transition back then. I think it's a good point when considering reparations. $400,000 back then must translate to several million today. I guess I'm surprised that this never comes up when I see reparations discussions. Might be interesting to see if it ever comes up in the upcoming election. As with reparations itself, we shall see, man.
                    Last edited by Tony Trick-Pony; 05-20-2019, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      Me - Which African American would trade family trees with 100 % Native ????

You - So what am I supposed to pick? Are you asking me personally if I would trade my family tree with a 100% Native Americans' family tree?

If I were 100% Native American, I would be proud of who I am and I wouldn't want to switch anything.

As a black American, I don't want to be anything other than what I am and I don't want to switch anything.

========================================

The bold was completely unnecessary. Just stick with the wording of the question....Which you finally did.
                      Which I finally did....days ago...when you were still asking me to answer the question. Just shut up already.

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      Of course you wouldn't want to change your family tree with a natives. NO African American would.
                      Oh really? I just gave you proof of one who does, but you conveniently ignore that. If you are too pvssy to respond to the things that I post, stop quoting me. You've done absolutely nothing here except behave like a coward.

About 5.5 mil natives were enslaved. Those who weren't outright slaughtered. African slaves weren't bought to be killed. They were bought to work.
                      So now you're saying they "enslaved" the natives to kill them? If that's not what you're saying, what the fvvck is your point?

Now, if I were a Native American whose family tree is 100 % native, I'd trade places in a heartbeat.

Which is my point.

It's an opinion you moron. Like I said, obviously some would have traded places with the natives because they decided they'd rather die than be a slave, and the reason you first brought up the natives was because you were talking about how many of them died, but you were too stupid and too misinformed that you didn't realize that the majority of them died not because they were directly killed, but because of diseases.

There is no reason for this conversation to continue. I don't want to discuss things with a coward who refuses to answer even ONE of my questions and just ignores everything I write. So until you grow some balls, go play in traffic.

Comment

Working...
                      X