No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    If slaves had a choice, they'd rather be American slaves.
    Right? That's why millions jumped overboard or took over the ships and sailed them back to Africa.

You really should just stop posting about this topic. You DKSA this issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
      That I will have to investigate.Why would you risk or trust your life with an Indian who would resist slavery and probably die resisting when you had docile people all over that were available for slavery.Indians were dangerous and would not be enslaved without trying to kill to get away.
      I wouldn't call Africans docile. Africans didn't have the remedies that natives had. They couldn't run away because they didn't know the land, and by virtue of their skin, they kinda stick out like a sore thumb. Not like they can blend in with the native population.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        They couldn't switch places with the natives. You are so messed up in the head that you'd like to have the scenario be that the millions and millions of natives died directly at the hands of whites, all to downplay the horrors of slavery, but you don't even have an ounce of intelligence to know that the majority of the Natives passed away due to diseases that they didn't have immunity to.
        As the link I supplied stated, generations of slaves thought it was in their best interest to stay. Wanted the right to die for this country. They were mostly treated humanely (or as humanely as a well behaved slave is expected to be treated).

Remember, I'm not having a present day mindset. If I were a slave owner, that slave better put in the work, minus the complaining. Trying to escape would have dire consequences. The same rules that applied in every slave nation.

Slaves were not misled. They knew why they were slaves, who enslaved them and what was expected of them. Did they think once they reached America, they would be freed people ???

They were slaves before they were bought. Had it not been America, some other country was going to buy them.

Native Americans would gladly trade places. American slaves ?!?!? Take a look around you. Do you see Natives having a good time ?!?!?!
        Last edited by Curtis Harper; 05-16-2019, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          Right? That's why millions jumped overboard or took over the ships and sailed them back to Africa.

You really should just stop posting about this topic. You DKSA this issue.
          Generations of slaves stayed put.....

Look at Africa today....Seems worse now than it did then. Mexico doesn't have many Africans and neither does Canada. If Africans could afford to get here they would.

If you don't like my pov, STOP QUOTING ME.

Comment

• So, which African American wishes their family tree were 100 % Native American instead ???

Comment

As the link I supplied stated, generations of slaves thought it was in their best interest to stay. Wanted the right to die for this country. They were mostly treated humanely (or as humanely as a well behaved slave is expected to be treated).
              You posted something that said by a certain time they were 5th generation Americans.

Their home was just as much Africa as my home is Africa, which is to say not at all. What you're saying makes no sense. You were saying they should go home. America was their home.

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
              Remember, I'm not having a present day mindset. If I were a slave owner, that slave better put in the work, minus the complaining. Trying to escape would have dire consequences. The same rules that applied in every slave nation.

Slaves were not mislead. They knew why they were slaves, who enslaved them and what was expected of them. Did they think once they reached America, they would be freed people ???
              Again, you don't know shlt about what you are talking about. Many slaves WERE mislead. Go look up the different ways they were gotten on the slave boats. Some of them initially had no idea what awaited them, though they might have figured it out when they were shackled on the boat.

They were slaves before the were bought. Had it not been America, some other country was going to buy them.
              Again, this is not true. You keep saying the same shlt and you refuse to acknowledge that not all African slaves in America were slaves in Africa.

I've told you this over and over but you won't believe me. Maybe if I post a source you will.

African Slavery

5. The great majority of slaves sold to Europeans were not slaves in Africa; they were usually recent war captives or victims of banditry and judicial proceedings.

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/dis...D=11&psid=3807

Native Americans would gladly trade places. American slaves ?!?!? Take a look around you. Do you see Natives having a good time ?!?!?!
              You're again ducking what I wrote. The large numbers of natives that died, died DUE TO NOT HAVING IMMUNITY FROM DISEASES. You're trying to pretend that those staggering numbers were from whites killing them directly. That is not the case.

So are you asking if someone without immunity to a present disease wants to change places with someone that has immunity to disease????

It makes no sense. Just stop.

And yes, I do see Native Americans having as good of a time as I have nowadays. The hell was that all about?

Comment

Generations of slaves stayed put.....
                You mean...when they were slaves? Again, the import of Africans was banned in 1808. Slavery ended in 1865. So just when were these post 1808 slaves supposed to journey back home?

Look at Africa today....Seems worse now than it did then. Mexico doesn't have many Africans and neither does Canada. If Africans could afford to get here they would.
                Slavery decreased the male population by around 20%, destabilized the area, detribalized the people, and the land was often colonized by outside forces. What do you know about what Africa would be like had it not been for outside forces?

Which is irrelevant because, again, at the time that slavery ended, most of the slaves home was in fact America, not Africa. Africa is an entire continent. You expect people to pick up, jump on a boat, pick some random country in big ass Africa, and just start over.

If you don't like my pov, STOP QUOTING ME.

Why would I do that? I'm enjoying reminding you that YOU DON'T KNOW SHlT.

Comment

So, which African American wishes their family tree were 100 % Native American instead ???

Comment

• It must have been bedtime

Comment

We get it. Africans were spoiled rotten because they had immunity from diseases enough to endure the rigors of slavery.

You're a moron

Comment

Working...
                      X