Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -Scarely a smattering of slaves in America circa 1776.

    And no, they had been sold to Muslim slave traders for centuries til the few Europeans were involved and most went to the Caribean and South America. In 1812 there were still few slaves in America and zero in Mississippi. It wasn't until it was discovered that the South was perfect for cotton that the Slave trade took off here, but that was killed when Congess prohibited importation of slaves whereby they soon became more valuable than the most expensive race horse and had to be carefully coddled.

    The collective inheritance of slavery goes back before recorded time in Africa.

    You and yours free men with rights, so what you waiting for? In size and natural resources Africa dwarfs the US.

    We already figured Tyny scared in his glue bag, and Lordy knows Africans could use some leadership if only they had a free man among them to lead the way to economic powerhouse.
    Slaves were present in America since 1619. They were working for free without any compensation until the early 1800s. They free labour helped to develop America.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      It appears you're having a little trouble following along. You said the American government was THE defendant in this case. Diablo felt like any institutions that benefited from slavery that still exist should also be on the hook. You come along and repeat my point about slavery in this country existing for less than a century for what reason I have no idea. Granted you think the institution of slavery was created in America which is completely absurd.
      What???? I still don't see a point.

      I just saw my post quoted so I responded, but from what you are saying of your conversation, again, I just don't see a point. If he came along and said others should be on the hook, too. So...? The conversation was about America being on the hook. I saw Siablo's post where he mentioned he would throw in other countries. I don't see the purpose of this convo or why you made a point of quoting me, honestly.

      When did I say the institution of slavery was created in America? That's not what I said at all. Perhaps you weren't following. I said America perpetuated the institution of slavery, which it did.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        Where did the bold (institution of slavery) come from, though.

        No institution, no ''wrong doing''
        Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        What? No institution no wrong doing?


        It came from America obviously. I don't know what you are confused about.

        But somehow I'm not surprised that you would try to classify slavery in America as "no wrong doing." Smh.
        Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        What???? I still don't see a point.

        I just saw my post quoted so I responded, but from what you are saying of your conversation, again, I just don't see a point. If he came along and said others should be on the hook, too. So...? The conversation was about America being on the hook. I saw Siablo's post where he mentioned he would throw in other countries. I don't see the purpose of this convo or why you made a point of quoting me, honestly.

        When did I say the institution of slavery was created in America? That's not what I said at all. Perhaps you weren't following. I said America perpetuated the institution of slavery, which it did.
        I was following just fine. You however ignored his point that if the institution of slavery didn't already exist at the time, America never would have had slaves.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          I was following just fine. You however ignored his point that if the institution of slavery didn't already exist at the time, America never would have had slaves.
          No, you still aren't following. And what you're saying is false.


          1. Not all slaves in America were slaves in Africa.

          2. What I was pointing out is where this instance of slavery existed, not who created slavery. That should have been obvious. You have to do better.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            I agree.

            It's never going to happen.
            Apportioning blame for slavery is going to be a tough thing to do. How are monies to be distributed fairly?
            Plenty of people who appear to be white as snow can prove via DNA testing that they have African blood too.

            I read several articles because Siablo14 and others feel reparations are in order for the progeny of exslaves.

            I think slavery is wrong. Thatís all I got.

            But, as thought provoking as this topic is, for some reason, I have not seen more that one link posted. I read a lot of guys stating things on both sides, but no links in support of their respective positions.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Slaves were present in America since 1619. They were working for free without any compensation until the early 1800s. They free labour helped to develop America.
              - -I referenced not the American colony, but the formation of the American nation.

              And NO, slavery existed in the the Americas for 10-20,000 years from the beginning of that human migration.

              That you can't see past your plantation mentality is telling. 95% of Americans had nothing to do with slavery, but slowly by some of the earliest democratic voting, it was eliminated.

              The Original Sin of slavery began in Africa. Seek ye reparations in Africa if your man enough to face the truth of your African inheritance.

              That you ain't speaking out on the free black who were successful businessmen is Ali telling. If fair is fair, you'd be paying reparations to yourselves out of your own pocket, and maybe some to me!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -I referenced not the American colony, but the formation of the American nation.

                And NO, slavery existed in the the Americas for 10-20,000 years from the beginning of that human migration.

                That you can't see past your plantation mentality is telling. 95% of Americans had nothing to do with slavery, but slowly by some of the earliest democratic voting, it was eliminated.

                The Original Sin of slavery began in Africa. Seek ye reparations in Africa if your man enough to face the truth of your African inheritance.

                That you ain't speaking out on the free black who were successful businessmen is Ali telling. If fair is fair, you'd be paying reparations to yourselves out of your own pocket, and maybe some to me!
                Hey if you are able to find the linkages and financial links to other past slavery, by all means do it and get reparations for those folks too.

                Black folks who were enslaved in the Americas by Europeans can trace back those links and are proceeding forward.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Apportioning blame for slavery is going to be a tough thing to do. How are monies to be distributed fairly?
                  Plenty of people who appear to be white as snow can prove via DNA testing that they have African blood too.

                  I read several articles because Siablo14 and others feel reparations are in order for the progeny of exslaves.

                  I think slavery is wrong. Thatís all I got.

                  But, as thought provoking as this topic is, for some reason, I have not seen more that one link posted. I read a lot of guys stating things on both sides, but no links in support of their respective positions.
                  What interesting did you get from that article?

                  Comment


                  • - -Btw, strong movement in the 1800s to return to Africa, but only a few did and most went to what is now Liberia where many injustices were done to the local natives.

                    That none of you are unwilling to admit to the injustices that you if living in America, than what good are you?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -Btw, strong movement in the 1800s to return to Africa, but only a few did and most went to what is now Liberia where many injustices were done to the local natives.

                      That none of you are unwilling to admit to the injustices that you if living in America, than what good are you?
                      Yeah. We know that. Why you brought that up? Some chose to go and some chose to stay in the nation that they built.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP