No announcement yet.

Reparations time. Pay what you owe!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Go create restaurant under yuh modda, p**ssyhole.
    Its ok tinboat... how did I know you would not yield the last word? And that you would actually argue with me... my supposition being I would trade with you, places...like I am being serious.

Get a sense of humor... It is indispensible.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Good looking out!

Every time this discussion pops up, we get posters (many seeming like closet racists) talking bs that they know nothing about. It's like they take it personal when reparations is mentioned, but they can't get it through their heads that reparations is not an attack on them personally. If reparations is granted, I would also have to pay into it as an American citizen. It's not a black vs. white issue. It's about what the US Government can do to repair a wrong that it committed, just like you said. Just like when reparations was granted in 1980 to Native Americans for the Black Hills being unjustly taken in the 1850's. But no uproar there. They still can't understand it's not about them.
      Speaking of the us government. They still have not made due on their promise of 40 acres and a mule. They need to start there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        Speaking of the us government. They still have not made due on their promise of 40 acres and a mule. They need to start there.
        I don't believe that rule was for all slaves.

Might have been limited to a part of the country

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          Don't feed the trolls.

If what he says makes sense, then I would owe myself reparations because as an American citizen, my tax money would also go toward it. It's not about white people owing Black people something. No one complained when tax dollars went to Japanese citizens. And how many of us were responsible for the internment of those Japanese Americans?
          Zero.

What happened to the Japanese was foul. Nothing anywhere near to what happened to the Blacks and browns in the American south and Caribbean

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
            I hope every slave gets reparations

It would only be fair
            Or their progeny..

Comment

Or their progeny..
              Riiiiiight.............The one's who truly suffered

Comment

I don't believe that rule was for all slaves.

Might have been limited to a part of the country
                I need to look that up. I have no idea

Comment

I need to look that up. I have no idea
                  Same here.

Where are those acres going to come from now ?

Comment

Riiiiiight.............The one's who truly suffered
                    They suffered greatly under Jim Crow. And abject poverty. Many of which are still regulated to American ghettos. Had the slaves been given their 40 acres and a mule, they would have had opportunities to creat wealth for themselves and there progeny.

Comment

They suffered greatly under Jim Crow. And abject poverty. Many of which are still regulated to American ghettos. Had the slaves been given their 40 acres and a mule, they would have had opportunities to creat wealth for themselves and there progeny.
                      Must we keep rewinding ?

How many relatives of American slaves are suffering or were held back, RIGHT NOW, DUE to that practice ?

Comment

Working...
                      X