"Leave the gun. Take the Cannoli"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duggie View Post
    All time great actor Lawrence. Bite your tongue old boy
    I get his historical significance in the acting universe, but he would have been a bad choice for the role. As bad as John Wayne was as Genghis Khan.

Olivier was a scenery chewer, a gigantic ham, on the screen. His eyerolling, arm waving technique was wrong for the screen. He worked best as a stage actor. For example, his soliloquy in the "but for ceremony" scene in the movie version of Henry V brings me to tears. An example of how great a Shakespearean actor he was.

But Don Corleone....no.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdlb12 View Post
      I ust found Godfather epic on HBO GO,
      | 424 min | Released 2016 | HD WOW, is it all of them in one?
      Kinda, it has some deleted scenes and stuff, it doesn't go into Godfather III, but if you can sit through it, or break ip up into 3 sittings, it's awesome, that's How I basically found it as well, one of HBO's free movies right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
        Epic f.ucking sucks!!! I & II are the greatest movies ever though... Epic is both combined essentially, but with some add ins... Not the same as the original imo tho
        ok so far I am on 2 hours of epic, unless I missed something, it seemed to have jumped forward quite a few years

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Kinda, it has some deleted scenes and stuff, it doesn't go into Godfather III, but if you can sit through it, or break ip up into 3 sittings, it's awesome, that's How I basically found it as well, one of HBO's free movies right now.

yeah, I get all that for free man, but I think it is like 7 hours, 2 in so far

Comment

ok so far I am on 2 hours of epic, unless I missed something, it seemed to have jumped forward quite a few years

That's why is sucks they start Part 1 with Deniro's part in part 2, go into part 1 then get into part 2 without Deniro... It's essentially the same, except it's not...

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
            That's why is sucks they start Part 1 with Deniro's part in part 2, go into part 1 then get into part 2 without Deniro... It's essentially the same, except it's not...
            The Epic is in chronological order. You see Vito being young and doing his thing and then getting old...at that point they start focusing more on Michael's story.
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 05-25-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Never seen any of the godfather movies all the way through. To slow a pace for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                The Epic is in chronological order. You see Vito being young and doing his thing and then getting old...at that point they start focusing more on Michael's story.
                It's sick like that though, I like how they did it.

I think maybe if you never saw a Godfather movie before it might not be as good, I did see the movies individually myself before I saw the epic, but it had been a while before I last saw them, so it was a mix of nostalgia, and new, and me constantly trying to guess which part was in which movie originally.

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                Never seen any of the godfather movies all the way through. To slow a pace for me.

That's crazy talk man, so many classics are not balls to the wall action, you are missing out big time.

That's basically like someone saying that they don't listen to E-40 because they don't catch half the punchlines in a song. You would be shaking your head at them like I am shaking it at you right now.

Comment

OK so when you see Don Corleone seeing people during his daughters wedding, before Sonny takes some sl000000t upstairs and enters her with his AlexKid , that's basically where "The Godfather" starts in the original movie.

Whenever you see DeNiro as Don Corleone, or Don Corleone as a kid, that's Godfather II scenes. And at some point, after Don Corleone's death, when Michael starts running ish for real, that's also Godfather II.

Comment

It pisses me off when he dies because if he doesn't get stopped at that toll booth, he would have ****ed that woman beater who would beat his sister up!!!

What's worse is that guy was not only beating his sister, he sold out to a rival family and was an accomplice to Sonnys murder!!!

You can't be a bigger coward than that - beat someone's sister when no one can stop you and then act like a b1tch when sonny comes for you, and then take a part in the conspiracy to kill him.
                    smfh.
                    Remember the scene when Vito tells Michael I vowed not to break the peace (Which was made in order to bring Michael back from exile)?

VITO CORLEONE "I swore that I would never break the peace!"

MICHAEL "But won't they take that as a sign of weakness?"

VITO CORLEONE "It is a sign of weakness..."

MICHAEL "Well -- you gave your word that you wouldn't break the peace, I didn't give mine. You don't have to have any part -- I take all responsibility."

Same thing when they killed Carlo. Michael never gave the word but he knew he could never stop Clemenza!

Comment

It's sick like that though, I like how they did it.

I think maybe if you never saw a Godfather movie before it might not be as good, I did see the movies individually myself before I saw the epic, but it had been a while before I last saw them, so it was a mix of nostalgia, and new, and me constantly trying to guess which part was in which movie originally.

That's crazy talk man, so many classics are not balls to the wall action, you are missing out big time.

That's basically like someone saying that they don't listen to E-40 because they don't catch half the punchlines in a song. You would be shaking your head at them like I am shaking it at you right now.

I get it...

I'll have to sit and watch all of em. I'll report back in two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X