Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tonight is the night............ DOUBLE OR NOTHING!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

      Yeah, I'm an IPA guy and Stone Cold's beer quality stuff. There's better IPAs out there of course, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good his beer is.

      I think Samoa Joe vs Cole will steal the show. Joe always put on great matches with the smaller guys.
      Of course, Statlander loses. At least she's not an alien anymore and is actually billed from here on Long Island now. So the final is Ruby Soho vs. Britt Baker now. Was nice to finally see Kris do a promo, at least. Does a good tombstone piledriver and spider crab submission. Does Soho get it done or fall short again this time? It's a weird booking quandry because both Ruby and Britt need a win to get back on track. Tony Khan might give it to Ruby because she needs it more or Britt because she's the bigger star.

      Would be kind of funny if Baker and Cole won and the couple celebrated afterwards. They could have Samoa Joe get screwed out of the win by Jay Lethal and his cronies to further that feud too. But would like to see Joe win on the men's side. Hope Ruby wins too. Either way, hope they got a plan for Baker because not much is being done with her lately, which is too bad.
      Last edited by Anthony342; 05-30-2022, 08:50 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

        Of course, Statlander loses. At least she's not an alien anymore and is actually billed from here on Long Island now. So the final is Ruby Soho vs. Britt Baker now. Was nice to finally see Kris to a promo, at least. Does a good tombstone piledriver and spider crab submission. Does Soho get it done or fall short again this time? It's a weird booking quandry because both Ruby and Britt need a win to get back on track. Tony Khan might give it to Ruby because she needs it more or Britt because she's the bigger star.

        Would be kind of funny if Baker and Cole won and the couple celebrated afterwards. They could have Samoa Joe get screwed out of the win by Jay Lethal and his cronies to further that feud too. But would like to see Joe win on the men's side. Hope Ruby wins too. Either way, hope they got a plan for Baker because not much is being done with her lately, which is too bad.
        Yeah, Kris' old gimmick was weird and it got stale fast. She improved a lot as well and I like her new direction. The alien gimmick was too limiting, couldn't take her seriously enough for her to be a champion.

        I don't have a problem with Cole or Joe winning, but I really hope Ruby wins. I like Britt Baker a lot, but Ruby needs the win more because she always loses the big one. Maybe when Ruby wins, her and Britt can start a long feud together since they're both not really doing anything at the moment. And eventually they can work themselves into a threeway match with Thunder Rosa for the title, so that way they don't have to keep going back to Thunder vs Baker.

        I also hope they didn't create these two tournaments just so Cole and Britt can have a moment and celebrate together, that would be a total WWE/Vince thing to do which is to create what seems like a big storyline, just to have some goofy blow off at the end lol.

        For example, seems like every tournament WWE has like King of the Ring, World Cup in Saudi, Queens Crown was designed either just for storyline purposes or to give someone a cheesy king/queen gimmick. No one gets a real push when they win anymore and tournaments just don't feel special at all.

        Like when Zelina won the Queen's crown tournament. Why do they make a Puerto Rican girl from New York use a British accent just because she's a queen now? Typical Vince.

        Comment


        • MJF is a absolutely brilliant heel , I love it

          Comment


          • Show was bananas tonight. The street brawl rules match was crazy.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

              Yeah, Kris' old gimmick was weird and it got stale fast. She improved a lot as well and I like her new direction. The alien gimmick was too limiting, couldn't take her seriously enough for her to be a champion.

              I don't have a problem with Cole or Joe winning, but I really hope Ruby wins. I like Britt Baker a lot, but Ruby needs the win more because she always loses the big one. Maybe when Ruby wins, her and Britt can start a long feud together since they're both not really doing anything at the moment. And eventually they can work themselves into a threeway match with Thunder Rosa for the title, so that way they don't have to keep going back to Thunder vs Baker.

              I also hope they didn't create these two tournaments just so Cole and Britt can have a moment and celebrate together, that would be a total WWE/Vince thing to do which is to create what seems like a big storyline, just to have some goofy blow off at the end lol.

              For example, seems like every tournament WWE has like King of the Ring, World Cup in Saudi, Queens Crown was designed either just for storyline purposes or to give someone a cheesy king/queen gimmick. No one gets a real push when they win anymore and tournaments just don't feel special at all.

              Like when Zelina won the Queen's crown tournament. Why do they make a Puerto Rican girl from New York use a British accent just because she's a queen now? Typical Vince.
              Well looks like they did because Cole and Britt won haha. Getting sick of seeing all these Ruby losses. She's too good and needs to rack up some wins. I hope they don't have only heels win the tournament though. Didn't watch the PPV yet, but I take it both faces lost clean? Oh, looks like Baker did, but Cole didn't from checking Wikipedia. Looks like a decent show.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

                Well looks like they did because Cole and Britt won haha. Getting sick of seeing all these Ruby losses. She's too good and needs to rack up some wins. I hope they don't have only heels win the tournament though. Didn't watch the PPV yet, but I take it both faces lost clean? Oh, looks like Baker did, but Cole didn't from checking Wikipedia. Looks like a decent show.
                The victory ceremony wasn't bad with Martha Hart, but it was a bit cringe seeing Cole and Britt wearing matching pink outfits.

                It was awesome to see Rancid play Ruby's song live for her intro though, even if she just ended up losing.

                It was a great show from top to botttom.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by markusmod View Post
                  Show was bananas tonight. The street brawl rules match was crazy.
                  The whole show was amazing. Surprised Punk beat Hangman, but I guess that was good choice.

                  Can't wait for Dynamite this week. It's going to be the first AEW show in LA, I got my tickets. It's the first live wrestling event I'll be going to since 1999, which was a WCW house show. Sting vs. Bret Hart in the main event.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

                    The victory ceremony wasn't bad with Martha Hart, but it was a bit cringe seeing Cole and Britt wearing matching pink outfits.

                    It was awesome to see Rancid play Ruby's song live for her intro though, even if she just ended up losing.

                    It was a great show from top to botttom.
                    Nice. BC Amplifed said on his youtube wrestling podcast when he livestreamed the pay per view that Martha Hart showing up for and accepting a men's and women's Owen Hart tournament was a big f*** you to Vincent Kennedy McMahon . Kind of like Sasha and Naomi walking out as well. I wonder what Vince will do with their contracts. He used to just give wrestlers their release, but that was before AEW came along and there was competition. Now he often makes them wait out their contracts and then makes them wait at least 6 months after that before they can even talk to any other promotion about signing anywhere else. What an assh**e. Just realized I could use that emoji haha. What's the point of having an emoji of it's just gonna be censored? I hope they wait as long as they have to because whatever momentum they lose, they're both talented enough to easily regain at whatever promotion they sign with. Imagine the promos between Britt Baker and Sasha though? Would also love to see Ember Moon there. I heard she's using her old ring name Athena now, coincidentally Owen's daughter's name as well. Would also love to see Alexa and Liv there as well.

                    Looks like House of Black won again. Sounds like Bray will have to come in, take over the Dark Order and take them down.
                    Last edited by Anthony342; 05-30-2022, 03:36 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

                      The whole show was amazing. Surprised Punk beat Hangman, but I guess that was good choice.

                      Can't wait for Dynamite this week. It's going to be the first AEW show in LA, I got my tickets. It's the first live wrestling event I'll be going to since 1999, which was a WCW house show. Sting vs. Bret Hart in the main event.
                      Also glad Wardlow won. And that Athena made her debut.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP