No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This unequivocaly proves..

Mainstream media is a straight up lie--we knew this to a etain extent, maybe 80% of main stream media is a manipulation-----

unbelievable this silver bs--do hednfund oligarcs just click a button? Every ****ing major news outlet within a day reporting on silver..****in trash!!

Comment

• Russians did it

Comment

• Comment

• Cannabis stocks were crazy today. TLRY +40%, APHA +25%. I'm not sure why, unless there is some progress on a nationwide legalization but I haven't seen anything.

Comment

• Unfortunately in our country anyone who has something to sell is able to stretch the boundaries of truth in their efforts to sell it. One needs to be educated “enough” to spot the bull****.

Regarding the stock market. Invest as much you can as often as you can. If you are very young invest fully in the market. As you reach your 50’s begin to add bonds to help buffer a market downturn. Resist the urge to constantly reshuffle as you will find yourself chasing what has already occurred. Keep a stead course. Be well diversified across all market sectors.

Do this religiously and you may retire at 62 with a nice nest egg. I will next year with multiple 7 figures mostly now sitting in fixed income.

Comment

• What’s with GameStop tonight? Took off just about an hour before the closing bell nearly doubling. After hours nearly doubling again. Nobody seems to know what’s up.

Comment

• Dow was up...S&P/Nasdaq down and my mutual fund (60/40 equity/bonds balanced) keeps taking steady loses over the last few weeks. I'm wondering if I should take my L and get back in when it's clearer what's happening. Interest rates are killing the bond value and are not going to come down and indices are not making me feel optimistic. I'm thinking to go with Canadian banks that are forecasted with growth and pay and attractive dividends.
                Last edited by jaded; 03-09-2021, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  Dow was up...S&P/Nasdaq down and my mutual fund (60/40 equity/bonds balanced) keeps taking steady loses over the last few weeks. I'm wondering if I should take my L and get back in when it's clearer what's happening. Interest rates are killing the bond value and are not going to come down and indices are not making me feel optimistic. I'm thinking to go with Canadian banks that are forecasted with growth and pay and attractive dividends.
                  I hope you held fast. I was tempted to bail as well but if I had done so before this morning's market, I would have been physically sick.

Comment

• Yeah...that's a bit of a relief. With this damn mutual fund I have I won't know how what has happened before 9pm Pacific time (delayed reporting). If I wanted to sell the order wouldn't get processed until the day after tomorrow (it's not direct investing and the bank has to do it which sucks...another reason why I want to get out of it). I've been hoping just to recover my loses and sell it. The bond portion of the portfolio will be dragging it down...interest rate are not going to go down. The Feds said in 2020 that they will keep interest near throughout 2022 to ensure a recovery from covid...but they lied.
                    Last edited by jaded; 03-09-2021, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Feds tell you they're going to hold interest rates and the market responds well...then they raise the 10 year bond yield the next day and kill off confidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X