Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BS Lounge Official Big Ass Cricket Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the final between India and Sri Lanka last year. Didn't understand fuck all about it, but I was entertained. I know a six is when you smack it over the fence.

Comment

• Cook getting smacked in the nuts and Root just laughing at him is the highlight of the day so far

Comment

• Australia are sucking the fun right out of this by batting sensibly and well.

Comment

• thread has been a bit off topic so far...

Comment

• How come the ashes seem to be every year now?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              How come the ashes seem to be every year now?.
              They aren't, it's just an anomaly because of the world cup, so there were back to back Ashes in 2013/14.

Back to the match, Australia are starting to wind down. 5 down, still trail by quite some way, looks like we can bag a good lead if some of the pacers can start pulling their weight..cough..Broad...cough.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                They aren't, it's just an anomaly because of the world cup, so there were back to back Ashes in 2013/14.

Back to the match, Australia are starting to wind down. 5 down, still trail by quite some way, looks like we can bag a good lead if some of the pacers can start pulling their weight..cough..Broad...cough.
                Broad bowled very well to Rogers today. He was unlucky not to come away with a wicket. I agree that we did well today and we need to make sure we keep the pressure on them tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Watched the final between India and Sri Lanka last year. Didn't understand fuck all about it, but I was entertained. I know a six is when you smack it over the fence.
                  Hopefully i can help you a bit with the scoring rules (unless you were being sarcastic then ignore this and stupid me lol)

As a batsmen; the guy with the bat facing the bowler at the crease (white line) in front of the stumps (three wooden sticks known as the wicket) can score runs by the following;

1/2/3 the more you run the more runs you get, how to get a run; running to the other end of the crease (where his partner has to run opposite making sure his bat lands on the crease line before he can be run out). It only counts as one run despite two people running.

4 is when you hit the cricket ball (red/white) near the boundary which you call fence but its bounced before going over the boundary without being stopped.

6 is a full height over the boundary (its a rope usually in a big circle) the best hitter is Chris Gayle

If you want more information let me know

Comment

• We are tearing them Aussies a new one today

Comment

• This is getting embarrassing

46-7

Comment

Working...
                      X