No announcement yet.

What was so good about Sopranos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I tried to watch Saul a couple times. Never vibed with it like I did BB tho. I love the Saul Goodman character too, but I just never got invested in the story.
    Season 5 (the final season) may be the best single season of any show I've ever watched.

I strongly recommend you try it.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
      Without big spoilers why is it a must watch TV show? And is it better than The Wire or Breaking Bad.

I actually never watched it, just remember people not liking the ending. I'm thinking about watching it after I'm done with my current TV show.
      It's at the top of my TV shows list.

It's made by James Gandolfini doing probably the best piece of TV acting in history.

If you watch it, go the whole way through, then go back to the start and watch the first couple of episodes again, you'll see how subtly different Tony is, as 7 years of being the boss and dealing with everything that comes with it wear on him. But you never notice as you go through the show.

It's also more enjoyable now when every male on modern TV is some emasculated beta cuck (see **** like the Witcher) to see Tony alphaing his way through the show.

Other than that there's a lot of great and funny side characters and storylines, the writing is serious and hilarious in the same episode, I loved the Wire but it was pretty serious and miserable the whole way through, Mob stuff is generally interesting tv, and it took a fairly novel approach at the time it was made of showing the human side to someone who would be described as a "bad guy" by most people, mixing in his family life in with his mob life.

I'd certainly recommend watching it

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post

It's at the top of my TV shows list.

It's made by James Gandolfini doing probably the best piece of TV acting in history.

If you watch it, go the whole way through, then go back to the start and watch the first couple of episodes again, you'll see how subtly different Tony is, as 7 years of being the boss and dealing with everything that comes with it wear on him. But you never notice as you go through the show.

It's also more enjoyable now when every male on modern TV is some emasculated beta cuck (see **** like the Witcher) to see Tony alphaing his way through the show.

Other than that there's a lot of great and funny side characters and storylines, the writing is serious and hilarious in the same episode, I loved the Wire but it was pretty serious and miserable the whole way through, Mob stuff is generally interesting tv, and it took a fairly novel approach at the time it was made of showing the human side to someone who would be described as a "bad guy" by most people, mixing in his family life in with his mob life.

I'd certainly recommend watching it
        Gandolfini was tremendous! No one else could play Tony Soprano after him.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
          Without big spoilers why is it a must watch TV show? And is it better than The Wire or Breaking Bad.

I actually never watched it, just remember people not liking the ending. I'm thinking about watching it after I'm done with my current TV show.
          Vince Gilligan: Without Tony Soprano There Would Be No Walter White
          ​The Sopranos was ground breaking, what David Chase did in creating Tony Soprano, was remarkable, a great character and a great ensemble of actors and characters that made that show one of if not, the best show ever created.

Just don't watch The Many Saints of Newark. That sucked bad.
          Last edited by El_Maldito_Rey; 04-19-2024, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Bro, sometimes it's just fun to play Italian

I'm not even sure what it's called, that gesture when bring the tips of their fingers together with their thumb and shake it at a person, love that ****. It's so ****ing funny to me.

NY-ish Italians and Jews I have 0 genetic connection but y'all still my favorite Yankee archetypes and stereotypes man.

I mean is Sapranos as good or better than the best of the best gangster movies? Does it need to be to deliver a good "Look at dis friggin' gabbagool ovah here" with the gesture and everything ... ****.

Yank Italian Gangsters, West Cowboys, Appalachia Shine Runners, etc. You gotta watch that **** if for nothing else the intersection of cool and hilarious. IMO.

Sapranos > Wire for sure
            FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

You’ll enjoy it

I like it a lot. My wife calls it boring. I think Sopranos is more of a guy watch

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
                I was so hyped when I heard they were making this & then I saw the trailer & read the reviews lol. I never even attempted to watch it.

If rotten tomatoes gives you the knocked over popcorn on the audience score for a movie with as many built in fans as this movie had you know they fooked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
                  It might be the top of my all time disappointments in film.

was really excited for it and it was crap

Comment

Great writing and acting all around. It was about 50/50 on the accuracy and reality of mob life but it had something for everyone. It was shot on location in Jersey/NYC, they spared no expense. I miss Gandolfini, he was a great actor.

Comment

I've be to Bada Bing (real name Satin Doll's)

Plus they filmed in my high school.

Comment

Working...
                      X