No announcement yet.

Charles Murray, A Great Intellect Of Our Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Murray, A Great Intellect Of Our Time

His book The Bell Curve was one of the best works in the history of sociology If you want the truth, read this man. No squall baby wokies wanted.

Some credentials

https://www.aei.org/profile/charles-murray/

And a critical review.

Read him, you will never be the same.

Here is another goody.

https://www.city-journal.org/charles...the-influencer
    Last edited by The Old LefHook; 10-06-2022, 12:57 PM.

Read the Bell Curve. Wouldn't particularly recommend. They do raise some interesting ideas but you could drive a truck through the holes in his analysis and most proponents of the book fail to acknowledge many of the caveats that were deliberately and specifically included.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      Read the Bell Curve. Wouldn't particularly recommend. He does raise some interesting ideas but you could drive a truck through the holes in his analysis and most proponents of the book fail to acknowledge many of the caveats that were deliberately and specifically included.
      You know a lot about scientific analysis, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

You know a lot about scientific analysis, do you?
        Enough to understand and critique scientific literature yes, I've worked in a coupla of public health research departments. A lot of that was related to statistical analysis of the sort they use in The Bell Curve.

I also had a sideline for many years proof reading and editing theses and articles for publication in scientific and medical literature. You need a solid understanding of at least the principles involved across multiple fields to do that effectively. The sociological and anthropological side is more of a hobby though, although I was brought up reading political and social philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

Enough to understand and critique scientific literature yes, I've worked in a coupla of public health research departments. A lot of that was related to statistical analysis of the sort they use in The Bell Curve.

I also had a sideline for many years proof reading and editing theses and articles for publication in scientific and medical literature. You need a solid understanding of at least the principles involved across multiple fields to do that effectively. The sociological and anthropological side is more of a hobby though, although I was brought up reading political and social philosophy.
          \

Yeah, sure you did. We have people on here who claim to have done about everything, libby. You are just one more.

Here is another fine quote from Murray.

"We’ve had a natural experiment; we’ve tried for 60 years to not talk about all those wounding things in public. And what has come out of it is the worst racial polarization since the Civil Rights Act—it’s been building over a long period of time. We have colleges dropping the SAT. We have Oregon outlawing minimum standards in math and reading and writing and so forth. We have a rhetoric in which whites are called evil and oppressive, and not just privileged but, worse than privileged, racist, no matter how hard they try not to be racist, and in which “colorblind” is hate speech, “melting pot” is hate speech. . . . I could keep on going. . . . So when you tell me that I am going to create bad stuff by now saying, “Look, we’ve probably got differences that are genetic to some degree,” I don’t buy it. I don’t see how it could be any worse."

Comment

\

Yeah, sure you did. We have people on here who claim to have done about everything, libby. You are just one more.

"We’ve had a natural experiment; we’ve tried for 60 years to not talk about all those wounding things in public. And what has come out of it is the worst racial polarization since the Civil Rights Act—it’s been building over a long period of time. We have colleges dropping the SAT. We have Oregon outlawing minimum standards in math and reading and writing and so forth. We have a rhetoric in which whites are called evil and oppressive, and not just privileged but, worse than privileged, racist, no matter how hard they try not to be racist, and in which “colorblind” is hate speech, “melting pot” is hate speech. . . . I could keep on going. . . . So when you tell me that I am going to create bad stuff by now saying, “Look, we’ve probably got differences that are genetic to some degree,” I don’t buy it. I don’t see how it could be any worse."
            did the mods delete your crime thread?

i got a notification and i go to the thread and keeps asking me to sign on.

cant say im surprised. that usually happens when you start telling the truth.
            The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

I would be surprised if these mods are not Wokies. They let people cuss each other out all day, but discourage actual intellectual discussion they disagree with. To them that makes sense because they do not have much sense.

Comment

\

Koba has all the credentials of a Facebook fact checker. All of his observations and assumptions pin the needle to the far left.

The social experiment that is the United States has failed. The inmates are running the asylum now in the form of woke and corrupt politicians, educators, entertainers, media and news, corporations, big tech, etc. They use easily manipulated protestors from the hood and idealistic college kids as their muscle to shout down opposition. ANTIFA, BLM, are the enforcement and intimidation factions of the democrat party now...oddly enough, Biden insists ANTIFA doesn't exist, it's just an idea. The news networks and social media giants censor opposing viewpoints, and anyone who dares to protest CRT, trans-agenda, or abortion clinics is labeled a domestic terrorist and doxed. They lose their jobs, and their reputations are tarnished. Some even end up in prison.

Comment

Should we attribute the current crop of young workers quiting their jobs to Murray quiting his job to follow pursuits that make him happy?

Possibly, but todays youth, as a whole, are some lazy, stealing fools who just want everything but have no vision or desire to go out there to work and achieve these visions.

Murray got out there and did it doe, props to him for believing in himself and stepping away from the 'norm' and getting it done.......Rockin'
                  The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Another circle jerk thread brought to you by boxingscenes RODs (Race obsessed dorks)

Go on ********** or something you miserable bastards
                    travestyny travestyny likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X