Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traces of POLIO virus detected in London sewage.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traces of POLIO virus detected in London sewage.

Traces of polio virus found in London sewage as health officials declare national incident

Traces of the polio virus have been found during a routine sewage inspection in London, leading the UK Health Security Agency to declare a national incident.

Health officials are now concerned about the community spread of the virus after samples were collected from the Beckton Sewage Treatment Works in London, but have stressed the risk to the public is extremely low.

Several closely-related polio viruses were found in sewage samples taken between February and May. It has continued to evolve and has now been classified as a 'vaccine-derived' poliovirus type 2 (VDPV2).

Officials believe there has been some spread between closely linked individuals in northeast London - probably extended family members - and that these people are now shedding the type 2 poliovirus strain in their faeces.

Urgent investigations will try to establish the extent of community transmission and to identify where it may be occurring.

Traces of polio virus found in London sewage as health officials declare national incident | UK News | Sky News

sadiq khan has completely ruined london.....

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      sadiq khan has completely ruined london.....
      I’m born and raised in London

You have no idea what you’re talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

I’m born and raised in London

You have no idea what you’re talking about
        i know london very well and used to live on the outskirts, knife crime has shot up and is a very violent city, transport is terrible, the place got held to a standstill cause some extinction rebellion hippies wanted to have a party and it fitted khans agenda so he did nothing. cost of living is beyond a joke too. he seems more concerned about people taking the knee then he does about keeping londons citizens safe

Comment

i know london very well and used to live on the outskirts, knife crime has shot up and is a very violent city, transport is terrible, the place got held to a standstill cause some extinction rebellion hippies wanted to have a party and it fitted khans agenda so he did nothing. cost of living is beyond a joke too. he seems more concerned about people taking the knee then he does about keeping londons citizens safe
          %2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F975a593c-8ca9-11e6-a2fd-acf8ba5605c0.jpg?crop=1429%2C804%2C31%2C90.jpg

They changed the walk lights to be more inclusive. Stop focusing on the negative!

Comment

Utter bollocks

London is considerably safer than when I was growing up. We can get the stats and look at violent crime over the last 30 years if you would like.

Transport is terrible? I use public transport every day please explain to me how it’s terrible? Busses are frequent, cheap and reliable. You can get anywhere for 1.50 or whatever it is.

Tube is consistently good on weekdays, you have maintenance work on some of the lines on weekends but it’s always been like that. They’ve expanded and created new lines, London overground being a example. National rail is also extensive throughout the city and works seamlessly with contactless payments.

London has the most extensive public transport system in Europe and is cheaper than any other big UK city despite London being the most expensive city to live in.

Extinction rebellion has almost zero impact on Londoners 99.9% of the time. I wasn’t impacted and I used the circle and district line daily.

You don’t know **** about my city.

Pipe down

Comment

Utter bollocks

London is considerably safer than when I was growing up. We can get the stats and look at violent crime over the last 30 years if you would like.

Transport is terrible? I use public transport every day please explain to me how it’s terrible? Busses are frequent, cheap and reliable. You can get anywhere for 1.50 or whatever it is.

Tube is consistently good on weekdays, you have maintenance work on some of the lines on weekends but it’s always been like that. They’ve expanded and created new lines, London overground being a example. National rail is also extensive throughout the city and works seamlessly with contactless payments.

London has the most extensive public transport system in Europe and is cheaper than any other big UK city despite London being the most expensive city to live in.

Extinction rebellion has almost zero impact on Londoners 99.9% of the time. I wasn’t impacted and I used the circle and district line daily.

Pipe down
              absolute rubbish ^

Comment

Utter bollocks

Pipe down
                Calm down groomer, calm down!

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post

Calm down groomer, calm down!
                  80A8ED08-F874-4BC0-AC23-755755CAFF67.jpeg

Comment

absolute rubbish ^
                    You sure told him mate.

Comment