No announcement yet.

Beatles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatles

Just a quick question. are The Beatles overrated? Are they the greatest rock band of all time. Let me know what you groovy cats and chicks think.

Whether you like them or not they are biggest, most influential, and most legendary band ever.
    If any band deserves the greatest title it’s them. I personally like the Stones much better but me liking them better doesn’t make them greater.
    Last edited by Stan Love; 05-21-2022, 01:48 PM.
    GhostofDempsey, STREET CLEANER and 2 others like this.

Comment

They are top shelf good!!!
      I was a home stay student in 1983 and my homestay sister Junko played piano..
      a Beatles song

there are places I remember … she was the best man at my wedding

her sister had freckles

her mother hung herself and I blamed myself for two decades and Junko said her mother hung herself because she didn’t want their ancestors family (oh-ha ka) moved to a new location..

it was nothing to do with me.

Comment

Absolutely not. Without them, nothing that came after them in rock would have existed. Rock may well have been another fad that came and went like doo-wop…. No exaggeration, that’s the level of impact they had.

Comment

Everything and everybody is f**king overrated according to somebody these days.

Beatles will always have their place in music history. I totally understand and respect that they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I also believe the majority of the people who say they're overrated likely never heard most of the Beatles catalog and maybe just heard hit radio songs like 'Hey Jude' on their grandmother's favorite AM station and thought, "uh sht bruh, overrated."

Beatles covered a lot of different styles of rock, they weren't just some pop band like a lot of bands from the 60s, and they have a little something for everyone. I particularly love their Sgt. Pepper's phase, when John Lennon wanted to sound like they were playing inside of an orange. Great stuff to trip out to when you're high on shrooms.
          GhostofDempsey likes this.

Comment

To me The Beatles are the most Important band in music history. There was nothing like them. Younger people believe they are way overrated. What they don't know is that their favorite bands took something from the Beatles.

Comment

I'm not even the biggest Beatles fan and even I view them as one of the greatest music groups of all-time.

Comment

Yoko hoe ono kinda Burt bridges.

Kiss kiss kiss me love date…

still my guitar gently weeps

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
                  To me The Beatles are the most Important band in music history. There was nothing like them. Younger people believe they are way overrated. What they don't know is that their favorite bands took something from the Beatles.
                  I wanna know how old are you?

no disrespect intended

I have the white album signed I have mic Jagga red zig on tattoo you

I am kinda into audio

… sick with it

I wish I could do that

Comment

Some say yes. 4 mop heads who girls swooned over.
                    Others have shrines in their honor.

I say they are legit. Their songs have depth, melodies and are crafted with real instruments. They will be played for the next 100 years and not because they are a gimmick or a one hit wonder joke. Individually they have had sustained success. I can't think of another band where literally each member had a career of their own. The Stones can't make that claim.

Comment

Working...
                    X