No announcement yet.

Motorcycle guys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle guys.

Picking up a 2015 Ninja 300 next week. Yes, it's a "baby" bike, but I'm pretty much a noob. I've farted around with friends bikes over the years, but I actually want to "get gud".

Give an old fart some tips, experiences, what you're riding, gear, etc.
    Last edited by Sweet Pea 5O; 05-21-2022, 11:58 AM.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 5O View Post
    Picking up a 2015 Ninja 300 next week. Yes, it's a "baby" bike, but I'm pretty much a noob. I've farted around with friends bikes over the years, but I actually want to "get gud".

Don't!
    You'll get killed.
    jaded and 4truth like this.

Comment

You call it a baby bike but that bike is very capable of anything, I know a guy who has been in the Iron Butt Rally on a 250 ninja several times and he finishes the rally, The rally consists of 11,000 miles+ in 11 days around the North America.

Tip, always wear full gear, that's a helmet, gloves, boots, riding jacket and pants

ATGATT = all the gear all the time..

https://thekneeslider.com/2009-iron-...es-in-11-days/

Last edited by Stebs; 05-21-2022, 01:09 PM.
      Butt stuff and Sweet Pea 5O like this.

Comment

You taking this save on gas too far.
        Sweet Pea 5O likes this.

Comment

Misleading thread title, change it to “scooter guys”
          Sweet Pea 5O likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post

You taking this save on gas too far.

Nah, just something I've wanted to get into.
            siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Puta coward idiot get a real bike

The Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa is a sports motorcycle made by Suzuki since 1999. It immediately won acclaim as the world's fastest production motorcycle, with a top speed of 303 to 312 km/h. Wikipedia

my pro o has two and a few years ago we crossed the bay bridge stopping at treasure island zoning weed and we stopped showings offs

I was riding bikes for a long long time

until by homie Jeff died.. he was a great solid rider

RIP Jeff

Comment

I learned to ride dirt bikes as a kid. Might be too late to suggest a different bike but it might have been a good idea to get a dual purpose bike and learn how to handle it in the dirt first before facing traffic. I rode the streets for many years before deciding it was just too dangerous. I'm not ruling out another road-trip but my days of city riding are over.

Comment

they are good for racing but crappy for riding around on the daily

too uncomfortable

had a yammie fz which was way more fun and enjoyable

Comment

I'm guessing that, given your enthusiasm for fast cars, that it's going to carry over here and get you in trouble. I rode them when I was young and gave it up in my forties. It's a terrible hobby for the mid-aged and older guy to get into (I call it the midlife crises rider). I know a guy who became disable from an accident he had during his riding school training when he was 44 years old. Your vision and reflexes start to go, and there are many things about riding a motorcycle that you won't know about. My advice is, don't buy it.

Comment

Working...
                    X