Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla's Musk says he 'can no longer support' Democrats, 'will vote Republican'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla's Musk says he 'can no longer support' Democrats, 'will vote Republican'

Tesla Inc CEO Elon Musk said on Wednesday that while he voted for Democrats in the past, he will now vote for Republicans.

"In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party. But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican," he tweeted.

"Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold," said Musk, the world's richest man, who has agreed to buy Twitter Inc.

The 50-year-old billionaire recently said he would reverse Twitter's ban on former U.S. President Donald Trump, a Republican, when he buys the social media platform. He also said Twitter is far-left-biased because it is headquartered in California, a state known for its progressive politics.

Tesla's stock fell 6.8% on Wednesday, after he announced his support for Republicans and Tesla was removed from a closely-watched sustainable index.

Tweets mocking Elon as being "poor Elon" were trending on social media platform Twitter, sparking his mother Maye Musk to weigh in with her own tweet to defend her son.

"Poor Elon might only be the 2nd or 3rd richest man in the world now," one twitter user said.

"Poor Elon. No liberals are going to buy his cars anymore, when there's so many nicer options," another said.

Musk's mother criticized some tweets for "nasty comments" and alleged they were "troll or bot," referring to fake accounts.

Musk has been a vocal critic of the Biden administration and Democrats for their proposals to tax billionaires and give more tax incentives to union-made electric vehicles. Tesla does not have unions at its U.S. factories.

Last year, Tesla, which counts California as its biggest market in the United States, moved its headquarters from California to the more politically conservative Texas.

Musk moved his personal residence from California to Texas, where there is no state income tax. He has sold about $25 billion worth of Tesla stock since last year in order to pay taxes and finance his proposed acquisition of Twitter. Analysts said the sales helped him cash in on Tesla's stock rally and diversify his wealth.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/tesla-s...ican-1.5910008
    Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Heard he is trying to get out of the Tesla deal .

Comment

Yea its getting ridiculous, the left are getting fking evil. Its horrible to see the west gradually* turn more and more into the brutal side of a country like say Mexico. What sane person wants that "world" or that world for their children?

As much as you hate authoritative white men, you have to admit the west is much better than other places in the world which are much harsher to live in, and thats what strong smart white men, create, they make it work they make it more ethical than other places in the world, they enforce tough but fair rules. (and yes they are not perfect but its the best option available by a far distance) (Remember you need a healthy country to continue helping less fortunate countries. 2 crappy countries is worse than 1 imperfect but virtuous functioning country)

Its the only rational and ethical option now.

The left needs to get truly ethical, and not just victimize some and not others in this weird twisted short sighted way. If they did that theyd get some respect. If you are going to be the ethical "kind feelings" party then bloody well be ethical. None of this transsexuals holding up bloody coat hangers stuff.
      Last edited by AlexKid_The Return; 05-19-2022, 08:34 PM.
      HrNY likes this.

Comment

Musk used to be a liberal icon and now he’s looked at as another white supremist

The left has gone cuckoo man.

Fists_of_Fury, 1bad65 and 4 others like this.

Comment

I admire the f.#ck outa Elon for his outspokenness. He's not afraid to express his opinions/ideas even though I think this one, hurts Telsa as a company.
          Fists_of_Fury, and like this.

Comment

I've gradually come to the same conclusion over the past few years. The Democrats were once the party of kindness but they are a sh-t show right now.

Pro baby killing, going hard on spreading gender confusion, indoctrinating little kids with warped sexual values, defunding police, tanking the economy...

F-ck the Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              I've gradually come to the same conclusion over the past few years. The Democrats were once the party of kindness but they are a sh-t show right now.

Pro baby killing, going hard on spreading gender confusion, indoctrinating little kids with warped sexual values, defunding police, tanking the economy...

F-ck the Democrats.
              I always voted democrat but lately they do seem to be the party of hatred, for me it was their actions not their words, how can you live with yourself putting millions of poor and middle class people out of work in the name of "public health." That's tens of millions of wives and children that can't be fed because their parents jobs were not "essential." Essential? What does that word even mean? Who came up with this stuff? There was no science behind it, why was a liquor store essential but a gym was not? Also I do not believe skin color matters one bit but since this is what the want to talk about let's mention that for a second. Most people who work in or at gyms like me and the people I know are black, hispanic, middle lower class white people, we were all the ones that were hurt. But my clients tend to be white people with money, guess what, their jobs were all "essential." They all got richer than ever during this pandemic.

Comment

They are already turning on him. Ridiculing his asperger's syndrome, Joy Reid suggesting he misses the pre-apartheid days of South Africa. Expect the left and Democrats to come after him with their torches and pitch forks. It will be fun to see how he strikes back and f'ks with them. He has about 10x the wealth of their biggest financier, George Soros.

Comment

They are going to try to cancel him, ridicule him and make up stuff to smear him. Before he was a darling and now that he shifted sides he knows he will get a lot of incoming.

Comment

Interesting to see how many previous Democrat posters here are turning Republican.

Comment

Working...
                    X