No announcement yet.

Any Kevin Samuels fans in the lounge lol...He passed a few days ago now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    My own opinion of Samuels: I don't hate the guy, but alas I do not have much respect for him. But its not really hate and frankly what I opine matters little. Men and Women are inexorably linked... dividing them will never cause success. Institutions that dish out power and resources can destroy individuals. Courts have to learn to respect the needs of men in a failed marriage. Good judges do not automatically take the side of the women... Interesting thing... Listen to Judge Judy some time. She was a divorce court judge for years and sees through when women are trying to play a role as victim that is false.

But the myth that any sex has the monopoly on bad behavior is naive and dangerous. Every day women who have filed restraining orders and tried to deal with violent men are murdered. Every day men who are working and trying to meet impossible payments impossed by a kangeroo court of White Liberal (so called) apologists, lose all their financial support under the burden.

Blaming either sex for marriage failures is silly. Marriage should be a very powerful institution fostered in an atmosphere of love and trust... Nothing else will do! Courts should be there to help all involved and find better ways to help kids caught in the middle, than just squeezing one parent until they have nothing to contribute.

why would any man get legally married given current conditions

government overreach is already bad enough

now he signing a piece of paper that gives the government more power

you don't need the government saying what you can and can't do with your d1kc
    Willy Wanker, billeau2 and 1bad65 like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

Thats a hard question to answer, ill weigh in... First some things appear illogical up close, but from a long view are quite logical. One of the silliest things I saw was a bunch of Asian tourists in the Louvre in Paris. They were taking photos of the Mona Lisa... Up close photos. The thing is, to appreciate that painting, like many great paintings, one must stand back.,.. take the long view, where the genius of Da Vinci really comes out. Lets come back to this point...

Then we have value. Seeing human beings living in ignorance is incredibly sad. Our species has clawed up from being dinasour food (kidding) and for most of its existence NOBODY, including the richest, could afford the time to educate, to ponder on real knowledge and understanding. Eventually different guilds come along... so we have the masons wth the knowledge to build... the printing press with books, and the monastery that held the books turns into a University. The result is that today an average human being in a first world country, not a rich aristocrat from a good family even, can afford the time to go to college. The real value of this? It cannot be financially equivocated. To take 4 years out of an average lifespan JUST to better oneself... To learn to study knowledge and any subject at the highest level is the difference between walking through life like a horse in Central Park, with blinders on, so it cannot see anything but directly in front, and having blinders off, being an active engaged participant in the world. This is real value imo. The cultivation of scientific and literary finesse...

Marriage is supposed to be a covenant between two people that demostrates the appreciation for "the long view." Just as one cannot appreciate the painting directly in front of one, marriage is the stepping back, the understanding that the real value of each other is developing together as one. And just like the value of an education is not necessarily immanent, the value of a marriage is not directly cause and effect logic. It is the understanding that one woman plus one man can equal more than just a couple...

With that said lets talk about what marriage should not be:
      1. A reason to condemn all the other ways a couple can express commitment to each other. Marriage is one way, but not the only way...
      2. Something that someone has to ponder... "hummmm can I trust this lady/guy?" NO!!! If you have to ask, they you should not be getting married.
      3. Something done for others: For a church, a family, etc. The government...

marriages can be for convenience, nothing wrong with that... one family commits to the other.

I think that people marry for the wrong reasons. I can only speak for myself though. I knew I wanted to marry my baby lol. At the time I had 6 other women i was seeing lol. The government is in everything we do... Marriage can be one of a few ways people can strengthen the family unit. Its not the only way. But marriage should be something people do who are in love with each other, mature and educated enough to understand what the commitment entails. The problem is with people more than marriage. Definitely not to be done lightly.

Willy Wanker and GrandpaBernard like this.

Comment

One thing that I should really mention: I personally do not think Marriage is an end in itself. I didn't set out thinking I would get married. Many people live together in committed relationships while not being married. And I also have no problem with those who want to chase women their whole lives. Live and let live.
        Willy Wanker likes this.

Comment

One thing that I should really mention: I personally do not think Marriage is an end in itself. I didn't set out thinking I would get married. Many people live together in committed relationships while not being married. And I also have no problem with those who want to chase women their whole lives. Live and let live.
          the slickest men are unfaithful yet have a faithful wife and girlfriends
          billeau2 and 1bad65 like this.

Comment

the slickest men are unfaithful yet have a faithful wife and girlfriends
            Thats true lol... Actually love is love... There are men and women who do things like play the field and while it is exxasperating to their significant other, they still adore each other and stay together... I have no problem with that... In my case my wife was a stripper for a good stretch before we had our kids. People sometimes have open relationships.... Love comes in all sizes, packages lol. As long as people are both happy with each other? thats what matters.

I don't think any sex should have priority in a marriage... Both the man and women should be free and happy. You get to a point where one realizes money, prenups, etc are kind of irrelevant. When you hit 50? No "prenup" or settlement can substitute for good health. When Job's passed away from Liver Cancer? Dude had almost a billion, some untold millions, in his CHECKING account!!!!! His freakin checking account! lol.

Many people over 50 would give the money they have for a person that wants to be with them for all their days.... These are also some of my issues with Samuels BTW. A marriage where partners have to be at their best... are concrned with social position, usually are not loving and will fail. I said this once before... I had a catering company for a while and we had an expression: " the bigger the wedding the sooner the divorce." And when I chide 1bad its because statistics have to always be qualified... personal experience also has to be qualified: There was a talk show about living habits and this old dude calls in, tells the host "I smoked all my life, ate crap and I am ninety years old in good health." The host said "You sir, come from a good egg" lol. In my case? I have a great marriage... In neither case, the "good egg" or my marriage, does it mean everyone will succeed doing the same things. I think in the end, people can decide to have any kind of marriage they want, but if it is based on certain things, it will cause problems. It should be based on certain exceptional qualities that come with maturity.

Comment

I don't think any sex should have priority in a marriage... Both the man and women should be free and happy. You get to a point where one realizes money, prenups, etc are kind of irrelevant. When you hit 50? No "prenup" or settlement can substitute for good health. When Job's passed away from Liver Cancer? Dude had almost a billion, some untold millions, in his CHECKING account!!!!! His freakin checking account! lol.
              Maybe you do, but most men do not.

I certainly don't know many men, myself included, who could suddenly have at least 50% of their total wealth ripped away on a whim and it be "kind of irrelevant".

You're defending a dying institution.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Maybe you do, but most men do not.

I certainly don't know many men, myself included, who could suddenly have at least 50% of their total wealth ripped away on a whim and it be "kind of irrelevant".

You're defending a dying institution.

No... Your focused on an aspect of that institution that should not even be an issue when two people are ready to get married. What is dying is the ability of people to make commitments to each other in times of need... people would rather rely on the government than pick themselves up... when you really work hard there is not time to even think of prenups, and chasing other tail. If people failed at marriage, or don't want it... God bless them. But its not the fault of marriage as an institution... and women and men have to work together if we are going to evolve. There has to be some way to commit to each other.

Comment

No... Your focused on an aspect of that institution that should not even be an issue when two people are ready to get married.
                  Money and sex should not even be an issue for men????

Are you trolling?!?!?

Because every dude I know, myself included, puts great emphasis on their finances and sex life.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  What is dying is the ability of people to make commitments to each other in times of need... people would rather rely on the government than pick themselves up... when you really work hard there is not time to even think of prenups, and chasing other tail.
                  Chasing tail????

Um, once you're married those days are over. But as I pointed out, that's another big problem with marriage. Once married, your wife can literally you that your days of sex are over, and that if you go find sex elsewhere you lose over half your stuff. Again, can you blame men for not signing up for this??? What man will sign a business contract that gives him at least a 15% chance of a life of celibacy????

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  If people failed at marriage, or don't want it... God bless them. But its not the fault of marriage as an institution... and women and men have to work together if we are going to evolve. There has to be some way to commit to each other.
                  Correct.

In 80% of the failed marriages, including No Fault divorces, it's the fault of the woman (and 90% of the time she gets the kids, the child support, and the cash and prize package).

So it's both the fault of the biased family court system, and the spouse who drags the other in there. Which again, is 80% of the time the wife.

And for the umpteenth time, men see those grim stats and are not playing the rigged game.

You can argue with me all you want about how great marriage is and how men need to just keep trying a failing institution that statistically all too often destroys their personal wealth through NO FAULT of their own. But your arguments are falling on deaf ears, as shown by the crashing marriage/birth rates.
                  siablo14 likes this.

Comment

• And.... as always, the internet never fails to deliver

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Kevin Samuels , a blood sacrifice

These people are seriously messed up, isolated and plain delusional.

These conspiracy mofos are nut jobs

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Money and sex should not even be an issue for men????

Are you trolling?!?!?

Because every dude I know, myself included, puts great emphasis on their finances and sex life.

Chasing tail????

Um, once you're married those days are over. But as I pointed out, that's another big problem with marriage. Once married, your wife can literally you that your days of sex are over, and that if you go find sex elsewhere you lose over half your stuff. Again, can you blame men for not signing up for this??? What man will sign a business contract that gives him at least a 15% chance of a life of celibacy????

Correct.

In 80% of the failed marriages, including No Fault divorces, it's the fault of the woman (and 90% of the time she gets the kids, the child support, and the cash and prize package).

So it's both the fault of the biased family court system, and the spouse who drags the other in there. Which again, is 80% of the time the wife.

And for the umpteenth time, men see those grim stats and are not playing the rigged game.

You can argue with me all you want about how great marriage is and how men need to just keep trying a failing institution that statistically all too often destroys their personal wealth through NO FAULT of their own. But your arguments are falling on deaf ears, as shown by the crashing marriage/birth rates.
                      When did I say money and sex should not be an issue? Marriage is such that one accepts a greater good and uses their resources accordingly. Its not complicated. If one wants to own great wealth alone... more power to them.

Well every dude you know are dudes in your circle, nothing wrong with those issues being paramount... Just don't get married! Or find a marriage situation that accomodates... Like an open relationship.

Again DON'T GET MARRIED is it that complicated?

Comment

Working...
                      X