This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    So last week there were rumors Ukraine blew up a train loaded with ammo and supplies

Supposedly a lot of casualties because they hit when hundreds of Russians soldiers were on it/unloading it

Turns out it was true

https://mobile.twitter.com/Flash4319...04016940851210

There were rumors of hitting a 2nd train too but no visual confirmation of it yet
    How do Ukrainians know where all these high value targets are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Probably civilians telling them

The train depot one im sure they know where it is

But someone told them the perfect time to hit it while the russian supply train was there unloading
      Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Jim, you seem to have a big problem with strawmen. Let me help.

When you use phrases like "soft support" and "indirectly parroting" (the latter of which is a direct contradiction, btw), you're using strawmen.

You also have gone completely irrational. You're now saying the United States is winning a war in we have no declaration, but a 'war' we aren't even participating in!!!!

Trying to point out facts and inconsistencies with the chickenhawks cheerleading this war has proven to be a complete waste of time.
        Im starting to think you have no idea what a straw man argument actually is.
        Last edited by JimRaynor; 08-03-2022, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Dude, he attributed statements to me I never made. Ever. I didn't make said statements now, or in the past. I never made them.

I'm stunned you people can't figure this out.
          No I did not, that is a lie, I never attributed statements to you that you never said, I attributed to you actions that you did, like liking Pro Russian posts and attacking Zelensky and Ukraine. I accused you of giving Putin soft support, which you are, and I specifically phrased it that way because I knew your first response would be to deflect to the old "I never said I supported Putin." You support Putin and Russia indirectly by attacking Zelensky and Ukraine while simultaneously liking and agreeing with all of the Pro Putin posters on this board.

In fact even saying soft support in this case is a bit inaccurate. Soft support suggests that you can change your mind from supporting one actor in favor of another, what you are doing is more akin to indirect support.
          Last edited by JimRaynor; 08-03-2022, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

The real fallicy on this thread, is when people cannot interpret a statement without assigning it a polarity. That becomes the strawman. The reason Jim is an idiot is because he maintains that for anyone who does not see this war as Black and White, they must necessarily support Russia.
            This is a refreshing post from you, mainly because its not 10 stupid paragraphs long that no one ever bothers to read. The most amusing part is that you probably believe yourself to be a sort of philosopher/thinker every time you pump one of those dreadfully stupid novels of a post out.
            siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Ukraine is being fed direct intel by USA and UK of where to strike with the HIMARS. Each time they fire a pod of 6 rockets its roughly a million dollar luxury, therefore we want to make sure as their benefactors that they (and we) get the absolute best bang for their buck on these strikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

Im starting to think you have absolutely no idea what a straw man argument actually is.
                I do, you don't.

It's really simple Jim.

When I straight-up post that Russia is the aggressor here and had no business invading Ukraine, but you claim that is somehow "soft support" based on 'likes' on the forum, that's a strawman.

You do realize I 'like' posts I dont always agree with, dont you? I often give 'likes' to posts of people disagreeing with me because their post was civil. Doesn't mean I agree with it, much less every word.

But if you want to keep trying to wedge that square peg in the round hole and telling me I somehow support Putin/Russia despite me straight-up saying otherwise, keep on going Jim.

If that's how you war superfans have to act when asked simple questions about the war you support, that to me says that it's obviously not going your way despite what y'all keep saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  The reason Jim is an idiot is because he maintains that for anyone who does not see this war as Black and White, they must necessarily support Russia.
                  Jim is hardly the only one with this binary way of thinking on this war.

Now I don't think Jim is an idiot, but he has taken the side the forum's idiots all seem to have taken on this issue, and he's using their posting style to defend his stance......

I've seen other good posters take his stance on this, but they are mostly not acting like he is while stating their case.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

This is a refreshing post from you, mainly because its not 10 stupid paragraphs long that no one ever bothers to read. The most amusing part is that you probably believe yourself to be a sort of philosopher/thinker every time you pump one of those dreadfully stupid novels of a post out.
                    You know what people do when they cannot logically respond? They make an attack on the person... Ad Hominum. So idiot... here we are and here is your rebuttal, talk about nothing else needing to be done!

Comment

Jim is hardly the only one with this binary way of thinking on this war.

Now I don't think Jim is an idiot, but he has taken the side the forum's idiots all seem to have taken on this issue, and he's using their posting style to defend his stance......

I've seen other good posters take his stance on this, but they are mostly not acting like he is while stating their case.
                      Well... call it what you like. When someone from the Left Censors to be woke, or someone censors and decrees that everyone who does not support them is wrong... With no logical reason, it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X