Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia launches invasion of Ukraine - MASTER THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    This is a strawman.

    "Russia shouldn't have invaded Ukraine."

    "NATO should not have expanded into Eastern europe."
    Yes, if the first person made the first statement, and the second person changed it to that, that is a strawman.

    As was my example.


    The person who taught me made it pretty simple. He said if your opponent can reply with "That's not what I said", then you have used a strawman,

    It's really simple, dont put words in other people's posts. Don't try and twist things they said to suit your response. Dont use phrases like "what you meant to say is..." and "indirectly".

    And when someone takes clear stance, accept it.

    I'm questioning the war, the war reporting, hoping it ends soon, and saying we need to stay out of it. I have said Russia is the aggressor and should not have attacked Ukraine. If you want to talk/debate me on any of that, ok fine.

    But I have no earthly idea how or why some of you lumped me into this group you speak of that is made up of people who are pro-Putin and want Russia to win.

    Either way, can you please stop doing it?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

      Yes, if the first person made the first statement, and the second person changed it to that, that is a strawman.

      As was my example.


      The person who taught me made it pretty simple. He said if your opponent can reply with "That's not what I said", then you have used a strawman,

      It's really simple, dont put words in other people's posts. Don't try and twist things they said to suit your response. Dont use phrases like "what you meant to say is..." and "indirectly".

      And when someone takes clear stance, accept it.

      I'm questioning the war, the war reporting, hoping it ends soon, and saying we need to stay out of it. I have said Russia is the aggressor and should not have attacked Ukraine. If you want to talk/debate me on any of that, ok fine.

      But I have no earthly idea how or why some of you lumped me into this group you speak of that is made up of people who are pro-Putin and want Russia to win.

      Either way, can you please stop doing it?
      It's not a strawman if it is still part of the conversation.

      he made a statement/reply based on your previous statements/replies.

      Just because it wasn't pertaining to immediate previous post, doesn't mean it was a straw man.
      Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

        It's not a strawman if it is still part of the conversation.

        he made a statement/reply based on your previous statements/replies.

        Just because it wasn't pertaining to immediate previous post, doesn't mean it was a straw man.

        Dude, he attributed statements to me I never made. Ever. I didn't make said statements now, or in the past. I never made them.

        I'm stunned you people can't figure this out.

        Comment


        • Let's try the direct route......


          He said I showed "soft support" for Putin and Russia.

          Show me.


          Post up any quotes of mine where I have supported Putin and Russia on this invasion.......

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Let's try the direct route......


            He said I showed "soft support" for Putin and Russia.

            Show me.


            Post up any quotes of mine where I have supported Putin and Russia on this invasion.......
            Well what do YOU call agreeing and with backing up unhinged and false statements made by pro Putin loons in this thread?

            Post 3666 for example.
            Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Comanche View Post

              Well what do YOU call agreeing and with backing up unhinged and false statements made by pro Putin loons in this thread?

              Post 3666 for example.
              Please quote the post. Post numbers do not match up on this forum, and it may be from someone on my Ignore List.

              I need to see to what's in the post you cited.

              Comment


              • Jesus Christ.

                Loving this, aren't you. Really dragging it out.

                Let's all focus on 1bad65 and his obsession with strawmen.

                Or how about bore off with it all, and let people have conversations about an actual war, rather than you.

                Lets get back on topic.

                Tua, Koba, and others. This thread may be of interest.
                ​​​https://mobile.twitter.com/WarintheF...73368809918464
                Last edited by Kris Silver; 08-01-2022, 05:20 PM.
                Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  Let's try the direct route......


                  He said I showed "soft support" for Putin and Russia.

                  Show me.


                  Post up any quotes of mine where I have supported Putin and Russia on this invasion.......
                  The real fallicy on this thread, is when people cannot interpret a statement without assigning it a polarity. That becomes the strawman. The reason Jim is an idiot is because he maintains that for anyone who does not see this war as Black and White, they must necessarily support Russia.
                  1bad65 1bad65 likes this.

                  Comment


                  • I don’t need to Russia has this all under control .....in every shape of the battle field

                    Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

                    Yup.

                    Russia isn't the side calling for foreign volunteers to grab rifles, hop on planes, and come fight with them.

                    The Ukrainians are though.

                    And not one of the big, tough, never wrong war superfans on here cheering on this war while cursing everything Russia have stepped up yet.......
                    You are supporting the plunger man's post of all people, and pushed a completely false narrative. For what?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Comanche View Post
                      You are supporting the plunger man's post of all people, and pushed a completely false narrative. For what?
                      Yes, I agreed with his post in that he said it looked like Russia had the military situation under control. I even stated why I agreed with that.


                      Nowhere in there did I support Putin or Russia, however.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP