This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Smart people don't resort to insults when they are faced with beliefs different than theirs.

His post history is irrelevant. I actually consider him one of the better posters here, for what it matters. That said, we disagree on this issue, and I'm presenting facts and he's stooping to insults.

But since you're coming to his aid; if you want to challenge any of the facts I presented that he could not, I'm all ears........
    You know you weren't really stating facts in that post I quoted right?

You were actually insulting jim raynor.

Is that irony? Coincidence? Let's ask Alanis morrisette.
    Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

fk Russia for a moment

Armed Forces of Ukraine couldn't defeat 2 separatist militias and had over 8 years

Now AFU is being mauled to death left, right by the big fat Bear

alongside these hillbillies from eastern Ukraine
      Exactly.

They are calling for all sorts of weapons, and their leader is calling for foreign volunteers to fight the Russians, but according to the war supporters here, he isn't really calling for the foreigners to actually fight, and they are raking in tons of foreign aid.

And all the while, the Russians seem to be gaining more and more territory, and the Ukrainians are looking more and more worse for the wear.
      Brother Mouzone Brother Mouzone likes this.

Comment

I'm convinced that Ukraine's leaders could openly capitulate and surrender, Russia could annex all of Ukraine, and still the war chickenhawks and superfans here would be telling us how Putin is losing, and how Ukraine will win the war in the long run.
        Let's try this one again.

I'll be more direct since things go over the heads of our lesser posters here.

So in your opinion.

If Ukraine surrenders and Russia annexes all of Ukraine that is putin winning right?

Since Ukraine didn't surrender and russia still hasn't been able to annex all of ukraine......

Does that mean putin is not winning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

To keep up with you, one has to go backwards tbh.
          You can try and be as witty as you like, but it's you war superfans who are speaking out both sides of your mouths on this.

That, or Zalenski was lying when he asked for foreigners to come fight, but he didn't really want them to come and really fight as you war superfans are now saying.

No wonder all your side has insults.

Comment

Exactly.

They are calling for all sorts of weapons, and their leader is calling for foreign volunteers to fight the Russians, but according to the war supporters here, he isn't really calling for the foreigners to actually fight, and they are raking in tons of foreign aid.

And all the while, the Russians seem to be gaining more and more territory, and the Ukrainians are looking more and more worse for the wear.
            Have you seen a map of Ukraine from March? April? May?

the areas of Russian control

Serious question.

Comment

You can try and be as witty as you like, but it's you war superfans who are speaking out both sides of your mouths on this.

That, or Zalenski was lying when he asked for foreigners to come fight, but he didn't really want them to come and really fight as you war superfans are now saying.

No wonder all your side has insults.
              I didn't say zelensky didn't ask foreigners to fight.

He did.

They created the foreign legion for volunteers..

You're talking to the wrong poster.
              Kris Silver Kris Silver likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

Let's try this one again.

I'll be more direct since things go over the heads of our lesser posters here.

So in your opinion.

If Ukraine surrenders and Russia annexes all of Ukraine that is putin winning right?

Since Ukraine didn't surrender and russia still hasn't been able to annex all of ukraine......

Does that mean putin is not winning?
                If you persist on acting like a Gotcha! playing dick, I'll be done.

But I'll address these and see how it goes.

I don't know how to define "winning" in this instance, and I'm not one who fixates on that anyway. I have no idea what Putin's goals are, how he defines victory/winning, etc.

I simply stated, in an obvious joking manner, that even if Russia achieved complete victory the war chickenhawks here would not accept that the war was over and Ukraine had been defeated. Obviously it went way over your head.

Now if you want to somehow turn that into a pissing contest, take your Gotcha! points and leave me alone.

As I've stated many times, this war is none of our concern at all. I don't care who "wins". I dont care who is right on the Internet.

I just care as an American that we are already sending them American tax dollars, and that we have chickenhawks here cheerleading this war but who will refuse to fight it if we get sucked into it and Americans end up dying in another undeclared foreign war.

The sooner it ends, the better, because then we won't be getting involved and we'll stop giving them any more tax dollars. It just so happens it looks like to me that Russia seems to be gaining more territory, and Ukraine is highlighting their losses and suffering, while asking the world to contribute aid and fighters to help them. But either way, I just want it over. I could care less who "wins".

That should answer your questions, and clearly state my opinions on this issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

those lands they retook in eastern Ukraine

is where all the natural gases are

next up reclaiming the coast

Ukraine is getting landlocked and bankrupt. Recently failed to meet their foreign debt service

Maybe one of our local military experts know if any UkroNazis remain

Russians have a genetic hatred for Nazism
                  All this over some natural gas?

Comment

If you persist on acting like a Gotcha! playing dick, I'll be done.

But I'll address these and see how it goes.

I don't know how to define "winning" in this instance, and I'm not one who fixates on that anyway. I have no idea what Putin's goals are, how he defines victory/winning, etc.

I simply stated, in an obvious joking manner, that even if Russia achieved complete victory the war chickenhawks here would not accept that the war was over and Ukraine had been defeated. Obviously it went way over your head.

Now if you want to somehow turn that into a pissing contest, take your Gotcha! points and leave me alone.

As I've stated many times, this war is none of our concern at all. I don't care who "wins". I dont care who is right on the Internet.

I just care as an American that we are already sending them American tax dollars, and that we have chickenhawks here cheerleading this war but who will refuse to fight it if we get sucked into it and Americans end up dying in another undeclared foreign war.

The sooner it ends, the better, because then we won't be getting involved and we'll stop giving them any more tax dollars. It just so happens it looks like to me that Russia seems to be gaining more territory, and Ukraine is highlighting their losses and suffering, while asking the world to contribute aid and fighters to help them. But either way, I just want it over. I could care less who "wins".

That should answer your questions, and clearly state my opinions on this issue.
                    Wouldn't the chickenhawks in this scenario be the ones supporting russia?

Russia started the war right?

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      I don’t make it up....I read it and post it
                      A nationalistic Russian mil blogger? Of course you believe that. I will wait until confirmed by other source. Personally I don’t find it plausible. Ukraine has asked all men between 18 and 60 to stay in the country, and afaik, that pool is far from dry.

Comment

Working...
                      X