This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post

1. No or vastly less American support for an ally sovereign peaceful country under attack, and Russia's able to take over large swathes of the country.

2. There's huge affects to the world economy regardless. Give Russia power, land, security advancements, to hold huge amounts more food, crops, energy, gas supplies, would impact the economy even more.

3. What would you suppose America do if Russia then next attacks Bosnia, Georgia, Moldova, Kosovo?

4. A few years further on, the Russian leadership and army is emboldened now. They are stopping fuel and food supply wherever they can across Europe and increasing their threats against the likes of Sweden, Finland, UK, America. Cyber threats, economic war waged to larger levels. You're enemy whom hates you, is growing stronger and attacking more of your allies. What do you do now?

5. When America was attacked on 911, did Europe, Canada, Australia, other allies just say, none of our business, you can buy some weapons if you like.

Very simplistic, naive view of world affairs and security, that you think each country can just hide under a pillow, mind it's own business, and let aggressive powers attack allies, and expect doing nothing comes with no consequences.
    US is bankrupt

Even if America sells off all of her assets

she'd still be TRILLIONS in the hole

what the US is responsible for was deluding Ukraine into thinking Russia wouldn't handle them

Given current economic conditions it easy to see why 1 out of 2 Americans don't care if Ukraine falls or stands

calling Ukraine a peaceful country is flat out wrong

Ukraine was an accomplice in jumping Iraq

Ukraine gave America several thousand occupiers in Iraq

disingenuous to portray Ukraine as innocent
    EL_GRINGO, PredatorStyle and 1bad65 like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      but to be fair they would never have had nukes if it wasn’t for the Soviet Union and the Cold War with the west....what ever the western ukranians think of Russia there country has been entwined in Russia history and culture......now you imagine if Scotland became independent from my country England and then 20 years down the line it sided with China or Pakistan and then started to arm itself with Chinese or Pakistan weapon systems.....I know exactly
      How England would react so I always try put myself in the other a persons shoes.
      If Ukraine had joined the EU I don’t think he would have batted an eyelid....it’s america (not the people) and it’s obsession with ever expanding dominance IMO.

None of us needs this **** storm that is about to happen in terms of global recession and cost of living buddy
      Completely agree.

But either way, Ukraine had possession and control of the nukes, and they chose the politically correct "nuclear disarmament" route, and in hindsight that was a very bad choice.

It would have been quite an irony had they been smart and kept the nukes. Russia would have been held back by the very nuclear weapons it put in Ukraine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post

1. No or vastly less American support for an ally sovereign peaceful country under attack, and Russia's able to take over large swathes of the country.

2. There's huge affects to the world economy regardless. Give Russia power, land, security advancements, to hold huge amounts more food, crops, energy, gas supplies, would impact the economy even more.

3. What would you suppose America do if Russia then next attacks Bosnia, Georgia, Moldova, Kosovo?

4. A few years further on, the Russian leadership and army is emboldened now. They are stopping fuel and food supply wherever they can across Europe and increasing their threats against the likes of Sweden, Finland, UK, America. Cyber threats, economic war waged to larger levels. You're enemy whom hates you, is growing stronger and attacking more of your allies. What do you do now?

5. When America was attacked on 911, did Europe, Canada, Australia, other allies just say, none of our business, you can buy some weapons if you like.

Very simplistic, naive view of world affairs and security, that you think each country can just hide under a pillow, mind it's own business, and let aggressive powers attack allies, and expect doing nothing comes with no consequences.
        let’s look at the numbers of which country has invaded more countries the most.......The USA and Russia

Let’s do Russia first shall we and seven of those was in the 2nd world war fighting Germany and nazi army.

the numbers says it all and who should we actually be worried about

PredatorStyle likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Woulds, coulds, and maybes. A bunch of conjecture and speculation.

Let's stick to facts, please.

V

Whoa there!!!

First off, you got a strawman in there, specifically the "mind your own business" part. I straight-up said we could sell weapons/supplies to Ukraine. Did you miss that, or intentionally misstate my position?

Second, The "attack allies" part does not apply, as I stated we have no treaty with Ukraine to defend them. You must have missed that too.....

As for consequences, we only suffered adverse consequences AFTER we chose sides in the war!!!! Biden and his people told us this is the cause of high gas prices and inflation. Had we stayed out of it, no inflation or high gas. So you're dead wrong/bass-ackwards on that one.

Seems my way isn't so simplistic, but actually better for the country and it's citizens.

And lets not forget, you war superfans calling for all this free aid and shat, you're also free to go grab a rifle, hop on a plane, and go fight for Ukraine.
          Putin is criticized by Russian leadership for being light towards the west

Putin spent much time in the west and is from St Petersburg, the most European city of Russia

seen by some in Russia as having a sentimental attachment to the west

US could have had Russia help maintain a balance of power with China. Instead the west pushed Russia towards China.

US wanted to sell as many weapons as possible and kept expanding NATO

so Putin struck first

Putin gave warnings about NATO expansion all the way back in 2007

shame conducting a special military operation didn't start right on biden's inauguration day. Putin's invasion eradicated covid from the weak minded

China economic might makes it the biggest threat. China is now looking to expand its gang BRICS.

Can loaded with debt America handle China & Russia simultaneously?
          1bad65 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Woulds, coulds, and maybes. A bunch of conjecture and speculation.

Let's stick to facts, please.

V

Whoa there!!!

First off, you got a strawman in there, specifically the "mind your own business" part. I straight-up said we could sell weapons/supplies to Ukraine. Did you miss that, or intentionally misstate my position?

Second, The "attack allies" part does not apply, as I stated we have no treaty with Ukraine to defend them. You must have missed that too.....

As for consequences, we only suffered adverse consequences AFTER we chose sides in the war!!!! Biden and his people told us this is the cause of high gas prices and inflation. Had we stayed out of it, no inflation or high gas. So you're dead wrong/bass-ackwards on that one.

Seems my way isn't so simplistic, but actually better for the country and it's citizens.

And lets not forget, you war superfans calling for all this free aid and shat, you're also free to go grab a rifle, hop on a plane, and go fight for Ukraine.
            . Unfortunately they live in a dream world mate and the USA and the U.K. being the main eggers on why this war is carrying on and thus causing more death an destruction.....by all means if Ukraine citizens want to fight for what they think is right by all means but as you said let them pay for it or if they have zero or little chance of winning then should sit down and agree terms.
            Ukraine had the biggest army in Europe after a decade of nato involvement in terms of training and military equipment.....I’m not paying my taxes for zelensky and his luxury mansions

1bad65 likes this.

Comment

but to be fair they would never have had nukes if it wasn’t for the Soviet Union and the Cold War with the west....what ever the western ukranians think of Russia there country has been entwined in Russia history and culture......now you imagine if Scotland became independent from my country England and then 20 years down the line it sided with China or Pakistan and then started to arm itself with Chinese or Pakistan weapon systems.....I know exactly
              How England would react so I always try put myself in the other a persons shoes.

If Ukraine had joined the EU I don’t think he would have batted an eyelid....it’s america (not the people) and it’s obsession with ever expanding dominance IMO.

None of us needs this **** storm that is about to happen in terms of global recession and cost of living buddy
              CHeck out US monroe doctrine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Doctrine

US promises an azz beating to any nation in the Western Hemisphere that gets cozy with a foreign superpower
              1bad65 likes this.

Comment

. Unfortunately they live in a dream world mate and the USA and the U.K. being the main eggers on why this war is carrying on and thus causing more death an destruction.....by all means if Ukraine citizens want to fight for what they think is right by all means but as you said let them pay for it or if they have zero or little chance of winning then should sit down and agree terms.
                Ukraine had the biggest army in Europe after a decade of nato involvement in terms of training and military equipment.....I’m not paying my taxes for zelensky and his luxury mansions
                the west will prolong this so Russia achieves victory later rather than sooner

prime opportunity to try weakening Russia without the cost of dead westerners
                1bad65 likes this.

Comment

let’s look at the numbers of which country has invaded more countries the most.......The USA and Russia

Let’s do Russia first shall we and seven of those was in the 2nd world war fighting Germany and nazi army.

the numbers says it all and who should we actually be worried about

paraphrasing here

Russia's Minister of Foreign Affairs advice for anyone who can't sleep over Ukraine getting handled by Russia:

just imagine Ukraine is Iraq and Russia is the US

checkmate
                  1bad65 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

Explain in your own words

Why did the nazis from Azov not murder the hundreds civilians that were stuck with them for 80 days if they are the monsters your YouTube videos say they are?
                    Well they wanted to trade them for food and ammo, by weight. You say 'stuck' with them; that's very disingenuous; they were hostages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

Why did 10 million Ukrainians flee to Western countries and not to Russia?

​​​​​
                      6 million, and you surely must remember Russia's repeated ceasefires and attempts to open human corridors which Kiev said was "unacceptable." Also there is a war going on in the east and not the west... You are being very sneaky and disingenuous, like a true liberal Frankist.

1bad65 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X