Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia launches invasion of Ukraine - MASTER THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I dont want to see another dead body.

    But who wins this war is completely up to Putin, at the moment hes fighting with one hand behind is back, against a hybrid enemy, and winning that way.

    He could use chemical weapons, he may even use a tactical nuke (meaning there's no counter strike or less chance of one because its just one nuke dropped on Ukraine, not a "M.A.D" situation?) Ukraine also doesn't have a nuclear arsenal.

    Im all for Ukrainians living and not dying I just cant believe they would waste their lives over "freedom" "land" "better super markets" and other crappy things, worth much less than a single human life and the heart break its loss entails. (its not like they cant move to another free country)

    I hope they dont spill another life I hope they the Ukrainians surrender immediately.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AlexKid_The Return View Post
      I dont want to see another dead body.

      But who wins this war is completely up to Putin, at the moment hes fighting with one hand behind is back, against a hybrid enemy, and winning that way.

      He could use chemical weapons, he may even use a tactical nuke (meaning there's no counter strike or less chance of one because its just one nuke dropped on Ukraine, not a "M.A.D" situation?) Ukraine also doesn't have a nuclear arsenal.

      Im all for Ukrainians living and not dying I just cant believe they would waste their lives over "freedom" "land" "better super markets" and other crappy things, worth much less than a single human life and the heart break its loss entails. (its not like they cant move to another free country)

      I hope they dont spill another life I hope they the Ukrainians surrender immediately.
      Why arent you hoping for Putin to back down and use diplomacy instead?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Comanche View Post

        Why arent you hoping for Putin to back down and use diplomacy instead?
        Because thats ,r,eta,rd,ed, no realism at all, idealistic, fictional. That idea = thousands more mothers and fathers crying over their dead sons
        Last edited by AlexKid_The Return; 05-19-2022, 08:59 AM.

        Comment


        • Now you pro-Russia guys have AlexKid on your side you're gonna win all the debates!

          Putin got one hand behind his back because he hasn't declared total war and mobilised every citizen into missile factories, he's not using all those banned chemical weapons, hasn't even dropped any nukes. Why when you clowns mock the US for Iraq/Afghanistan you don't talk like that? How many hands did the US have behind its back there? We all mock GW Bush but his forces were able to take both those countries fairly quickly without using nukes or even threatening them so we can all agree he's a better leader than Putin. We can criticise the US occupation but Russia can't even occupy Ukraine for us to see how badly that would go.

          Capital of Iraq captured in 22 days, capital of Afghanistan captured in less than 2 months. Is it that Putin is that much dumber than Bush or just his army is much worse than the US? Keep up the 'Putin a genius' talk though.
          Last edited by Clegg; 05-19-2022, 09:01 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AlexKid_The Return View Post

            Because thats ,r,eta,rd,ed, no realism at all, idealistic, fictional. That idea = thousands more mothers and fathers crying over their dead sons
            Its just as re tar ded as you suggesting Putin could use nuclear bombs whenever he wants to. That would literally start WW3 and his country would be wiped off the map the same day.

            The best/most likely outcome is that Ukraine resists until Russia declares a fake but face saving victory and come home. They can even have a parade and make it a holiday if they want to.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Comanche View Post

              Its just as re tar ded as you suggesting Putin could use nuclear bombs whenever he wants to. That would literally start WW3 and his country would be wiped off the map the same day.

              The best/most likely outcome is that Ukraine resists until Russia declares a fake but face saving victory and come home. They can even have a parade and make it a holiday if they want to.
              No, a tactical nuke is not the same as MAD, their wouldn't be a counter strike from the USA if you drop one tactical nuke on Ukraine, I admit it doesn't seem* likely that it will happen, but it is possible. Putin is a singular man that decides his own legacy he has more power than anyone in the world, its Putins will. Its not a normal situation, you are dealing with one mans free will and his total power, he may as well have a PS1 controller in his hand, he has that much power and control.

              Chemical weapons are also an option we may see.

              At the moment he's winning using conventional methods despite help from NATO and the Ukrainians being about as tough and gutsy as the Japanese in WW2.

              Again it all comes down to how badly Putin wants it, not how tough the Ukrainians are or how many supplies they get. Its up to a singular man to decide his legacy and how he wants to be remembered, and I think thats the wild card here.

              If you were Putin would you want to go down in history as another Stalin another Ivan the Terrible or as another Boris Yeltson? "Putin the Desiccator" there's also another way he can be historically massive, a more ethical version of history, a heroic version, but I dont want to go into that. (this is more complex that the sheer slaughter of innocents believe it or not)
              Last edited by AlexKid_The Return; 05-19-2022, 07:31 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Now you pro-Russia guys have AlexKid on your side you're gonna win all the debates!

                Putin got one hand behind his back because he hasn't declared total war and mobilised every citizen into missile factories, he's not using all those banned chemical weapons, hasn't even dropped any nukes. Why when you clowns mock the US for Iraq/Afghanistan you don't talk like that? How many hands did the US have behind its back there? We all mock GW Bush but his forces were able to take both those countries fairly quickly without using nukes or even threatening them so we can all agree he's a better leader than Putin. We can criticise the US occupation but Russia can't even occupy Ukraine for us to see how badly that would go.

                Capital of Iraq captured in 22 days, capital of Afghanistan captured in less than 2 months. Is it that Putin is that much dumber than Bush or just his army is much worse than the US? Keep up the 'Putin a genius' talk though.
                Those countries were the other side of the world too. Russia can't defeat it's neighbour with a military supposedly 10x greater. Russia have showed themselves to be weaker than the world thought.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

                  Those countries were the other side of the world too. Russia can't defeat it's neighbor with a military supposedly 10x greater. Russia have showed themselves to be weaker than the world thought.
                  The Ukrainians are some of the toughest people on earth, they are like the Japanese in WW2, they are like the Vietnamese, they proved themselves in the 2nd world war in this regard and they havnt even changed in modern times, add to that yes modern western kit is very effective, modern on modern warfare doesn't happen very often there are problems here, and its a hybrid war the whole world is somewhat helping Ukraine too.
                  Last edited by AlexKid_The Return; 05-19-2022, 09:37 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                    Bold 1 - 193 countries in the world. Millions of media organisations of humongous varieties, leanings, left, right. religious, non religious, opposing each on issues, conflicting reports.

                    And all you can manage, is to describe it as a single thing, of "the political and media world".

                    Bold 2 - The war being waged in Ukraine by Russia, is intrinsically linked to the cost of living crisis.

                    https://www.ft.com/content/c0c9fe20-...9-2cfbaf86a755
                    Russia attack on Ukraine set to hit global food supply chains
                    The warring countries account for a third of the world’s wheat exports and a fifth of its corn trade


                    https://www.politico.eu/article/war-...-trade-export/
                    5 reasons war in Ukraine is a gut punch to the global food system
                    Ukraine is an agricultural powerhouse and the war is sending shockwaves through global markets.


                    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/...d-radio-davos/
                    How the Ukraine war is driving up food and energy prices for the world


                    This is linked to bold 1. By ignoring virtually all of the worlds more normal media, rounding them all up as to you, lies, and living under a rock, you miss the most basic of astonishingly obvious fact of realities.
                    Jesus Christ are you that stupid.....you have weapons being flooded in to kill Russians and you expect a food shortage not to happen and seeing that russia and Ukraine are the biggest of fertiliser and wheat.
                    This is a war not some game of monopoly.
                    Russia is the supplier and we are the buyer and if your against Russia then you won’t get its product.
                    your not all there silver

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                      Jesus Christ are you that stupid.....you have weapons being flooded in to kill Russians and you expect a food shortage not to happen and seeing that russia and Ukraine are the biggest of fertiliser and wheat.
                      This is a war not some game of monopoly.
                      Russia is the supplier and we are the buyer and if your against Russia then you won’t get its product.
                      your not all there silver
                      You said "there are many many people from my country are more concerned about there cost of living that worrying about a foreign conflict that has **** all to do with them."

                      I pointed out, if they cared for the cost living crisis, it stands to question they would care for the 'foreign conflict' - since that's what's largely driving it.

                      I went on to provide numerous expert findings on energy, food shortages and price increases, as a result of supply and trade issues now with Ukraine AND Russia. Not just Russia. Ukraine produce a 5th of the worlds wheat, bomb their crops to oblivion, that'll cause the food shortages and cost of living crisis.


                      Somehow you took from my explaining that, and laying out reports of cost of living crisis fuelled by supply issues in Russia and Ukraine, as me...
                      not understanding the cost of living increases is due to the war.



                      it's obviously you that's not all there plunger. You're actually a pretty odd guy, living in some weird reality where if you said grass was pink, you'd accept no evidence, person or reports that it's actually.....green.

                      Last edited by Kris Silver; 05-19-2022, 10:42 AM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP