Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia launches invasion of Ukraine - MASTER THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    Ukraine - Putin On Why The War Started, Failed Attempts On Snake Island, Other Issues


    Updates below (17:15 UTC)

    It is Victory Day. As Ernest Hemingway said:
    Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

    The most important part of Vladimir Putin's speech to the Victory Parade on the Red Square is the narrative that explains how the current war in Ukraine began. Putin is correct in seeing this as a NATO proxy war against Russia:
    [D]espite all controversies in international relations, Russia has always advocated the establishment of an equal and indivisible security system which is critically needed for the entire international community.

    Last December we proposed signing a treaty on security guarantees. Russia urged the West to hold an honest dialogue in search for meaningful and compromising solutions, and to take account of each other’s interests. All in vain. NATO countries did not want to heed us, which means they had totally different plans. And we saw it.

    Another punitive operation in Donbass, an invasion of our historic lands, including Crimea, was openly in the making. Kiev declared that it could attain nuclear weapons. The NATO bloc launched an active military build-up on the territories adjacent to us.

    Thus, an absolutely unacceptable threat to us was steadily being created right on our borders. There was every indication that a clash with neo-Nazis and Banderites backed by the United States and their minions was unavoidable.

    Let me repeat, we saw the military infrastructure being built up, hundreds of foreign advisors starting work, and regular supplies of cutting-edge weaponry being delivered from NATO countries. The threat grew every day.

    Russia launched a pre-emptive strike at the aggression. It was a forced, timely and the only correct decision. A decision by a sovereign, strong and independent country.
    The use of 'pre-emptive strike' is somewhat misleading. In fact the Ukraine started the war on Wednesday, February 16 2022, when its forces near the Donbas republics began preparatory artillery strikes for an all out ground attack on the Donbas republics.

    The February 15 report of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine recorded some 41 explosions in the ceasefire areas. This increased to 76 explosions on Feb 16, 316 on Feb 17, 654 on Feb 18, 1413 on Feb 19, a total of 2026 of Feb 20 and 21 and 1484 on Feb 22.

    The OSCE mission reports showed that the great majority of impact explosions of the artillery were on the separatist side of the ceasefire line.
    [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

    bigger
    MilitaryLand.net @Militarylandnet - 8:30 UTC May 8, 2022
    ️Ukrainian forces withdrew from Popasna to more favorable and fortified positions in the vicinity, the head of #Luhansk Oblast confirms #UkraineRussiaWar

    The city is on a hill about 260 meters above sea level. This is about 100+ meters higher than the areas north, south and west of it. Artillery stationed on the hill will have a very good view and can reach deep into Ukrainian held grounds. It will be able to interdict resupplies on nearby roads to the Ukrainian front troops.

    The Ukrainian army process of withdrawing to ever 'more favorable and fortified positions' will probably end in Lviv.

    3. The Ukrainian military had launched a commando attack on Snake Island (in the semi circle 30 miles south of Odessa).

    However after previous Ukrainian air attacks Russian troops had already left the island and the Russian airforce had laid an ambush for the attack forces. The Russian Defense Ministry briefings mentioned Ukrainian losses around Snake (Zmeinyi) Island and related operations several times.

    07.05.2022 (20:15):
    The following have been shot down in the air near Zmeinyi Island: 1 Ukrainian Su-24 bomber, 1 Su-27 fighter jet, 3 Mi-8 helicopters with paratroopers and 2 Bayraktar-TB2 UAV. The Ukrainian amphibious assault boat Stanislav has also been destroyed.

    08.05.2022 (10:45):
    A Ukrainian naval corvette of project 1241 has also been destroyed near Odessa.
    ...
    During the night, Russian air defence means destroyed 2 more Ukrainian Su-24 bombers and 1 Mi-24 helicopter of the Ukrainian Air Force over Snake Island, and also shot down 1 Bayraktar-TB2 unmanned aerial vehicle near Odessa.

    A total of 4 Ukrainian aircraft, 4 helicopters, including 3 with paratroopers on board, 3 Bayraktar-TB2 UAV and 1 Ukrainian Navy amphibious assault boat have been destroyed in the area during the day.

    08.05.2022 (19:30)
    Russian air defence means have shot down 1 Bayraktar-TB2 unmanned aerial vehicles near Zmeinyi Island.

    09.05.2022 (12:45)
    Oniks high-precision missiles launched by Bastion coastal missile system near Artsiz, Odessa region, have destroyed Ukrainian helicopters at a bounce platform.
    ...
    Three Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles, including two Bayraktar-TB2, have been hit over Snake Island.

    (Bounce platform is a mistranslation for a helicopter supply pad that is not a full airport.

    The operation was quite costly for the Ukrainian side. Besides the 60+ paratroopers who were killed during the assault one of the helicopter also had the deputy commander of the Ukrainian navy on board. Today it was announced that Col. Ihor Bedzai was killed in actionwhen his helicopter came under Russian airforce fire.

    More than 4 helicopters, 4 jets and 6 Bayraktar drones were lost for zero gain. The U.S. is in the process of giving the Ukraine a total of 16 Mi-17 transport helicopters that were originally supposed to go to Afghanistan. At the current Ukrainian rate of losses such supplies, just like others, will not last for long.

    Under the current circumstances Snake Island is of little military value. It seems that the sole point of the Ukrainian operation to retake it was to create a propaganda item for today's Victory Parade. It now is one but for the Russian side.

    Update 17:15 UTC:

    The last briefing (09.05.2022 (19:15) by the Russian Defense Ministry (published after the above post) again mentions Snake Island:
    According to the updated information, 6 Mi-8 and Mi-24 helicopters have been destroyed during the night near Artsiz in Odessa Region near the Chervonoglinskoe military airfield by Onyks high-precision missiles from the Bastion coastal missile system.
    ...
    On 7 May, on direct orders from Zelensky, the Ukrainian General Staff, with the direct involvement of advisers from the USA and Britain, planned a major provocation to seize Zmeiny Island.

    Over the past two days, the Kiev regime has made several desperate attempts to land air and sea assaults on Zmeiny Island, which is important for controlling the northwestern part of the Black Sea.

    The Ukrainian provocation was thwarted as a result of the competent actions of a Russian Armed Forces unit on the island. The enemy suffered heavy losses.

    4 Ukrainian airplanes, including 3 Su-24 and 1 Su-27, 3 Mi-8 helicopters with paratroopers on board, and 1 Mi-24 helicopter have been shot down in the air while repelling the attacks near Zmeiny Island.

    Within two days, 29 Ukrainian UAVs have been shot down in the air, including 8 Bayraktar TB-2 strike UAVs. Meanwhile, 4 Bayraktar drones have been shot down this afternoon.

    Also, 3 armoured Ukrainian amphibious assault boats carrying Ukrainian naval personnel were destroyed during an attempted landing on the night of May 8.

    As a result of Zelensky's thoughtless provocation, more than 50 Ukrainian saboteurs have been killed at sea and on the coast during the landing and attempts to consolidate on the island.

    24 bodies of dead Ukrainian servicemen were left on the shore of Zmeiny Island.

    Why do you keep posting these made up stories?

    I thought the ukrainian air force was destroyed?

    But yet Russia keeps claiming to have shot down su-24s, mig-29s, su-27s, mi-8s every few days?

    Lol

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

      Why do you keep posting these made up stories?

      I thought the ukrainian air force was destroyed?

      But yet Russia keeps claiming to have shot down su-24s, mig-29s, su-27s, mi-8s every few days?

      Lol

      it’s not made up it’s actual facts on the ground......as said before muppet the west are supplying helicopters to ukriane and as they do they get destroyed and are you saying now the west are not doing that lol

      you smell of desperation Muppet ......I send images , videos , first hand reports and all you do is spout unconfirmed CNN..,,,.we know you want it to go your way but it ain’t and you sooner you come to terms with it the quicker we can all return to a normal civilised world

      Everyday you discuss the mental capacity of putin and he just question go’s about taking out the US led ukranian military......those are the facts muppet whether you like it or not.

      Your brain is like fried streaky bacon

      Comment


      • I found video of what plunger was posting.

        Ukrainian paratroopers on helicopters getting massacred on snake island.

        https://youtu.be/OGTUidMcadc

        Ukrainian assault boats getting sunk near snake island

        https://youtu.be/8PcXkC4K_Sk

        https://youtu.be/Y9wHVmWxAL0

        Ukrainian air force getting shot down over snake island.

        https://youtu.be/HJV40LM-4TA

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The plunger man View Post


          it’s not made up it’s actual facts on the ground......as said before muppet the west are supplying helicopters to ukriane and as they do they get destroyed and are you saying now the west are not doing that lol

          you smell of desperation Muppet ......I send images , videos , first hand reports and all you do is spout unconfirmed CNN..,,,.we know you want it to go your way but it ain’t and you sooner you come to terms with it the quicker we can all return to a normal civilised world

          Everyday you discuss the mental capacity of putin and he just question go’s about taking out the US led ukranian military......those are the facts muppet whether you like it or not.

          Your brain is like fried streaky bacon
          Lol

          You dumb moron

          A couple days ago Ukrainian air force su-27s and drones launched air strikes on the Russian forces on snake island

          They also blew up a Russian helicopter that was dismounting Russian paratroopers

          They also blew up several Russian boats



          That's why russia is talking about downing so many su-27s and drones

          That's why russia is talking about shooting down Ukrainian paratroopers in helicopters

          That's why russia is talking about destroying so many Ukrainian boats

          it's propaganda, idiot


          Ukraine shot down 1 Russian helicopter with paratroopers so russia says they shot down a bunch of Ukrainian helicopters with paratroopers

          Ukraine launched an air strike on snake Island with 2 su-27s and a couple of drones so russia says they shot down a bunch of Ukrainian aircraft over snake island

          Ukraine blows up a few Russian patrol boats so russia says they sank a bunch of Ukrainian boats full of marines

          Use your brain

          Think

          Comment


          • The funniest part is the Russians are claiming to have sunk a Ukrainian corvette

            It's made up story after the Ukrainians sunk the moskva of course

            Afaik Ukrainian navy has no more ships since the start of the war

            Most of the Ukrainian navy ships were taken over by russia in 2014 and what few ships they had were sunk or scuttled at the start of the war

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              Ukraine - Putin On Why The War Started, Failed Attempts On Snake Island, Other Issues


              Updates below (17:15 UTC)

              It is Victory Day. As Ernest Hemingway said:
              Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.



              The most important part of Vladimir Putin's speech to the Victory Parade on the Red Square is the narrative that explains how the current war in Ukraine began. Putin is correct in seeing this as a NATO proxy war against Russia:
              [D]espite all controversies in international relations, Russia has always advocated the establishment of an equal and indivisible security system which is critically needed for the entire international community.

              Last December we proposed signing a treaty on security guarantees. Russia urged the West to hold an honest dialogue in search for meaningful and compromising solutions, and to take account of each other’s interests. All in vain. NATO countries did not want to heed us, which means they had totally different plans. And we saw it.

              Another punitive operation in Donbass, an invasion of our historic lands, including Crimea, was openly in the making. Kiev declared that it could attain nuclear weapons. The NATO bloc launched an active military build-up on the territories adjacent to us.

              Thus, an absolutely unacceptable threat to us was steadily being created right on our borders. There was every indication that a clash with neo-Nazis and Banderites backed by the United States and their minions was unavoidable.

              Let me repeat, we saw the military infrastructure being built up, hundreds of foreign advisors starting work, and regular supplies of cutting-edge weaponry being delivered from NATO countries. The threat grew every day.

              Russia launched a pre-emptive strike at the aggression. It was a forced, timely and the only correct decision. A decision by a sovereign, strong and independent country.


              The use of 'pre-emptive strike' is somewhat misleading. In fact the Ukraine started the war on Wednesday, February 16 2022, when its forces near the Donbas republics began preparatory artillery strikes for an all out ground attack on the Donbas republics.

              The February 15 report of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine recorded some 41 explosions in the ceasefire areas. This increased to 76 explosions on Feb 16, 316 on Feb 17, 654 on Feb 18, 1413 on Feb 19, a total of 2026 of Feb 20 and 21 and 1484 on Feb 22.

              The OSCE mission reports showed that the great majority of impact explosions of the artillery were on the separatist side of the ceasefire line.
              [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

              bigger
              MilitaryLand.net @Militarylandnet - 8:30 UTC May 8, 2022
              ️Ukrainian forces withdrew from Popasna to more favorable and fortified positions in the vicinity, the head of #Luhansk Oblast confirms #UkraineRussiaWar



              The city is on a hill about 260 meters above sea level. This is about 100+ meters higher than the areas north, south and west of it. Artillery stationed on the hill will have a very good view and can reach deep into Ukrainian held grounds. It will be able to interdict resupplies on nearby roads to the Ukrainian front troops.

              The Ukrainian army process of withdrawing to ever 'more favorable and fortified positions' will probably end in Lviv.

              3. The Ukrainian military had launched a commando attack on Snake Island (in the semi circle 30 miles south of Odessa).

              However after previous Ukrainian air attacks Russian troops had already left the island and the Russian airforce had laid an ambush for the attack forces. The Russian Defense Ministry briefings mentioned Ukrainian losses around Snake (Zmeinyi) Island and related operations several times.

              07.05.2022 (20:15):
              The following have been shot down in the air near Zmeinyi Island: 1 Ukrainian Su-24 bomber, 1 Su-27 fighter jet, 3 Mi-8 helicopters with paratroopers and 2 Bayraktar-TB2 UAV. The Ukrainian amphibious assault boat Stanislav has also been destroyed.



              08.05.2022 (10:45):
              A Ukrainian naval corvette of project 1241 has also been destroyed near Odessa.
              ...
              During the night, Russian air defence means destroyed 2 more Ukrainian Su-24 bombers and 1 Mi-24 helicopter of the Ukrainian Air Force over Snake Island, and also shot down 1 Bayraktar-TB2 unmanned aerial vehicle near Odessa.

              A total of 4 Ukrainian aircraft, 4 helicopters, including 3 with paratroopers on board, 3 Bayraktar-TB2 UAV and 1 Ukrainian Navy amphibious assault boat have been destroyed in the area during the day.



              08.05.2022 (19:30)
              Russian air defence means have shot down 1 Bayraktar-TB2 unmanned aerial vehicles near Zmeinyi Island.



              09.05.2022 (12:45)
              Oniks high-precision missiles launched by Bastion coastal missile system near Artsiz, Odessa region, have destroyed Ukrainian helicopters at a bounce platform.
              ...
              Three Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles, including two Bayraktar-TB2, have been hit over Snake Island.



              (Bounce platform is a mistranslation for a helicopter supply pad that is not a full airport.

              The operation was quite costly for the Ukrainian side. Besides the 60+ paratroopers who were killed during the assault one of the helicopter also had the deputy commander of the Ukrainian navy on board. Today it was announced that Col. Ihor Bedzai was killed in actionwhen his helicopter came under Russian airforce fire.

              More than 4 helicopters, 4 jets and 6 Bayraktar drones were lost for zero gain. The U.S. is in the process of giving the Ukraine a total of 16 Mi-17 transport helicopters that were originally supposed to go to Afghanistan. At the current Ukrainian rate of losses such supplies, just like others, will not last for long.

              Under the current circumstances Snake Island is of little military value. It seems that the sole point of the Ukrainian operation to retake it was to create a propaganda item for today's Victory Parade. It now is one but for the Russian side.

              Update 17:15 UTC:

              The last briefing (09.05.2022 (19:15) by the Russian Defense Ministry (published after the above post) again mentions Snake Island:
              According to the updated information, 6 Mi-8 and Mi-24 helicopters have been destroyed during the night near Artsiz in Odessa Region near the Chervonoglinskoe military airfield by Onyks high-precision missiles from the Bastion coastal missile system.
              ...
              On 7 May, on direct orders from Zelensky, the Ukrainian General Staff, with the direct involvement of advisers from the USA and Britain, planned a major provocation to seize Zmeiny Island.

              Over the past two days, the Kiev regime has made several desperate attempts to land air and sea assaults on Zmeiny Island, which is important for controlling the northwestern part of the Black Sea.

              The Ukrainian provocation was thwarted as a result of the competent actions of a Russian Armed Forces unit on the island. The enemy suffered heavy losses.

              4 Ukrainian airplanes, including 3 Su-24 and 1 Su-27, 3 Mi-8 helicopters with paratroopers on board, and 1 Mi-24 helicopter have been shot down in the air while repelling the attacks near Zmeiny Island.

              Within two days, 29 Ukrainian UAVs have been shot down in the air, including 8 Bayraktar TB-2 strike UAVs. Meanwhile, 4 Bayraktar drones have been shot down this afternoon.

              Also, 3 armoured Ukrainian amphibious assault boats carrying Ukrainian naval personnel were destroyed during an attempted landing on the night of May 8.

              As a result of Zelensky's thoughtless provocation, more than 50 Ukrainian saboteurs have been killed at sea and on the coast during the landing and attempts to consolidate on the island.

              24 bodies of dead Ukrainian servicemen were left on the shore of Zmeiny Island.



              It's so funny reading the Russian claims

              1 su-24, 2 more su-24, another su-24 shot down

              3 su-27s, another su-27, 1 more su-27 shot down

              4 bayraktars, 2 more bayraktars, 8 total bayraktars shot down

              LMFAO

              Ukraine only had 12 su-24 total at the start of the war

              Ukraine only had like 30 su-27 total

              Ukraine only bought 50 bayraktar drones total



              only a moron like plunger man would be stupid enough to think russia is downing all these planes

              The Russians claim to have shot down more aircraft than Ukraine has

              Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 05-10-2022, 04:45 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                I found video of what plunger was posting.

                Ukrainian paratroopers on helicopters getting massacred on snake island.

                https://youtu.be/OGTUidMcadc

                Ukrainian assault boats getting sunk near snake island

                https://youtu.be/8PcXkC4K_Sk

                https://youtu.be/Y9wHVmWxAL0

                Ukrainian air force getting shot down over snake island.

                https://youtu.be/HJV40LM-4TA
                I just saw the ukranians knock out the brand new T-90 with Carl Gustav rockets. I guess T-90 is a hypejob.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

                  It's so funny reading the Russian claims

                  1 su-24, 2 more su-24, another su-24 shot down

                  3 su-27s, another su-27, 1 more su-27 shot down

                  4 bayraktars, 2 more bayraktars, 8 total bayraktars shot down

                  LMFAO

                  Ukraine only had 12 su-24 total at the start of the war

                  Ukraine only had like 30 su-27 total

                  Ukraine only bought 50 bayraktar drones total



                  only a moron like plunger man would be stupid enough to think russia is downing all these planes

                  The Russians claim to have shot down more aircraft than Ukraine has


                  You see the video and you hear people on the ground......as I said your brain is fried .

                  putin has it all under control and you hate it lol

                  Comment


                  • Plunger's heroes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Plunger's heroes.

                      you still relying on twitter brain dead barratt ....it’s not real
                      Last edited by The plunger man; 05-10-2022, 07:16 AM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP