This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Theodore View Post

My interpretation of his words. He wants to "confront," "engage," "counter," China in countless statements he has made even before this Ukraine incident. In terms of diplomacy that is harsh and warlike language. But really are we trying to play semantics with that kind of harsh language used here? We playing the "gotcha" game? Let's not play the gotcha game. Any person that pays attention to politics and the language of politics knows what he means. He wants to fight China.

nelson loves the gotcha game bud......it’s how his mind works , he wants to trap in words , past statements and maybe situations

1bad65 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

But that's what we're suppose to do.

What we do now affects decades from now.

That's why every great power prepares to fight other powers that can rival them.
      I understand, that's what empires do. Not that I agree or even like it. Citizenkoba posted an article where the US officially stated that they will do what is necessary to be the number 1 economic and military power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

They might attack, but they won't do it now, and they won't do it full scale like Russia did.

The Chinese are smart. They know destroying Taiwan would just give them a headache long term since they would have to pump massive amount of money into rebuilding Taiwan.

They're also now as corrupt and naive as Putin and his people. They know the Taiwanese won't welcome them with flowers like the Russians thought they'd be welcomed in Ukraine.

I'm very curious how Chinese approaches the Taiwan problem given the current circumstances, especially the US reaction to this Invasion.

This is like boxing. Fresh, new contenders taking on a seasoned, long time world champ.
        The problem for China is every year, more and more kids grow up that think of themselves as taiwanese and not Chinese.

Decades ago it was different.

They were 2 Chinese govts (1 in exile in taiwan) fighting over control of China

A lot of Taiwanese saw themselves as Chinese

Less and less of them every year
        billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Heeeeeyyy. Plunger!! How are you?

Have you checked the map recently? Have you seen the Russian decoy withdrawal at Kharkiv? Another great chess move by the red army!
          all I see is death nelson......which are ukranian

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

No way China attacks.
            They don’t need to attack America silly....it’s taiwan they will have which america having to send a huge armada half away around the world to a country that’s all ready set up its military bases in South China Sea ......and if america enters into that areas then China will sink the USA fleet....america couldn’t beat Vietnam because it was other side of the world and China are a completely different scenario to Vietnam .....once China sinks there fleet would be for America’s to once again use nukes but that will just get America’s homeland destroyed as well.
            fighting China in there back yard is suicide for america mark my words

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

The problem for China is every year, more and more kids grow up that think of themselves as taiwanese and not Chinese.

Decades ago it was different.

They were 2 Chinese govts (1 in exile in taiwan) fighting over control of China

A lot of Taiwanese saw themselves as Chinese

Less and less of them every year
              America gets destroyed if they enter China’s back yard to fight them

Comment

• This what your dealing with...even when the ukriane’s die with peace the nazi’s making sure they cannot be buried...seen it all
                Nationalists even mine the bodies of their killed fellow soldiers. That's how stupid these bastards are. In order to collect their corpses, our guys have to take risks. First, a rope is tied to a belt, then what is left of the Nazi is pulled out. Here is such an unprincipled enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post

Russia has been trying to use diplomacy and tried to talk since 2007-2008 and they were ignored.
                  They have done their part , Europe and Nato and the US weren't interested in talking about European security and the Ukraine and Georgia issue , at some point asking and trying to be nice stops.
                  This is a classic case of what my father used to tell me when i was a child and behaved badly. "If you don't wanna listen then you're gonna have to learn the hard way"
                  Meaning he would use his hands
                  Russias version of diplomacy is to lie and ask that their counterparts do as they say and that’s it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

Russias version of diplomacy is to lie and ask that their counterparts do as they say and that’s it.
                    Enjoy higher gas prices and food prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post

the news thing is just a small part of my reasons , i know Soviet history very well ,these times have always been very interesting to me , history is one of my favourite subjects.
                      Maybe Putin is not great warrior against globalism , but he is a great warrior against the current order , and the current order thinks it's a good idea to flood or countries with immigrants , so the choice is easy

What the hell are you even talking about, Russia is one of the most multi cultural places on the planet. Have you ever seen Moscow? Every other person is from one of the Stan countries. Half their soldiers are Mongolians. They have a huge Muslim minority.

Putin would love nothing more than for Europe to crumble from the over extension of immigration.

You really live in an upside down world, where the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth, just like Russia itself. You should move there you’d fit right in.

Comment

Working...
                      X