This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaded View Post

The bold: Not accepted into NATO (yet)...but Zelenskyy is still clearly pushing for it and this declaration (Poland, Slovenia and the Czech Republic) does appear to be supportive, minimally it raises questions...

The purpose of the visit is "to confirm the unequivocal support of the entire European Union for the sovereignty and independence of Ukraine and to present a broad package of support for the Ukrainian state and society," a government spokesperson said.

The red: Both...Putin has made it clear that he thinks Russia made a mistake by allowing Germany to push eastward, and won't let that happen again. He said it was a violation of the agreement with NATO. In any event, this Poland, Slovenia and the Czech Republic united front and position/declaration, looks confrontational and will only strengthen Putin's resolve.
    I agree with you assessment , it will make only make Putin more determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

What do you mean?

They are giving them a discount only to raise the price later on? And the Chinese are so shortsighted that they will fall for that?
      OH Boy..........

Comment

OH Boy..........
        Either address my post or don't respond at all.

Your logic is all over the place. You think the Russians will sell the oil for less than they did before now when the price of oil is high and will continue to do it when the price goes back to normal. And even if they did that out of desperation, that's a W for Russia in your book somehow.

Or maybe you think oil will remain this expensive even after the war is over?

Comment

Your logic is all over the place. You think the Russians will sell the oil for less than they did before now when the price of oil is high and will continue to do it when the price goes back to normal. And even if they did that out of desperation, that's a W for Russia in your book somehow.

OK...here's what you just said...

You need underwear and go to the store. They're on sale...10% off. You tell the owner, "I'm not going to but those from you today, because they will go up next week. Do you think I'm stupid?"

Comment

I think he's saying the because the price of oil is currently so high (although it dropped today I think) Russia can sell it cheaper than it's available on the international markets yet still for more than it were selling it for before the invasion.

Like say for example on February 1st it was selling at $80 dollars a barrell and today it was selling at $120 dollars a barrel on the international market, Russia could sell it to China at $100 a barrell and still be making 25% more than it was in early Feb whilst China gets the oil 17% cheaper than it'd get it elsewhere. Win - Win. Assuming, of course, the price of oil remains high, which it's looking like it may not.
            jaded jaded likes this.

Comment

OK...here's what you just said...

You need underwear and go to the store. They're on sale...10% off. You tell the owner, "I'm not going to but those from you today, because they will go up next week. Do you think I'm stupid?"
              I-Give-Up-Faceplam-Into-The-Table-Go-To-Sleep.gif

You don't understand economics. I give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

He's saying the because the price of oil is currently high (although it dropped today I think) Russia can sell it cheaper than it's available on the international markets yet still for more than it were selling it for before the invasion.
                I know what he's saying. But he doesn't know what he's talking about.

He just compared a one off purchase to buying an essential energy resource.

Comment

I know what he's saying. But he doesn't know what he's talking about.

He just compared a one off purchase to buying an essential energy resource.

And I don't know what I'm talking about?

Comment

The bold: Not accepted into NATO (yet)...but Zelenskyy is still clearly pushing for it and this declaration (Poland, Slovenia and the Czech Republic) does appear to be supportive, minimally it raises questions...

The purpose of the visit is "to confirm the unequivocal support of the entire European Union for the sovereignty and independence of Ukraine and to present a broad package of support for the Ukrainian state and society," a government spokesperson said.

The red: Both...Putin has made it clear that he thinks Russia made a mistake by allowing Germany to push eastward, and won't let that happen again. He said it was a violation of the agreement with NATO. In any event, this Poland, Slovenia and the Czech Republic united front and position/declaration, looks confrontational and will only strengthen Putin's resolve.
                    Allowing Germany to push eastward?

so its not okay for Germany to reunite but it's okay for Russia to swallow up it's neighbors?

Yeah no.

There was no agreement with nato.

No agreement, no violation.

Made up grievances.

he's scared of nato on his borders when theyre already at his borders?

He's so scared of nato that he keeps making threats towards nato? Aggravating nato?

This is all about a greater russia and oil/gas.

He's an old man and he wants to have a legacy.

Unfortunately for him his military is a joke and now so is his economy.

He'll have a legacy alright, but not the way he intended.

billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

• Major general Oleg Mityaev was KIA today. He was the commander of the elite 150th motorized rifle division. From what I gather he was liquidated by the right wing Azov brigade and as far as I know, they’re fighting in Mariupol.

Comment

Working...
                      X