• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bias brit still gets me lol.
    Willy Wanker and !! Anorak like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      No loungism but a boxingsceneism is when a boxer is said to be grinding hard in the headline. All that conjures up is a dude banging every bit of strange anus available within a mile radius.
      To be fair, I get that conjured up with any word.
      Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        Bias brit still gets me lol.

I remember having a debate on here with someone once who insisted biased meant "bias" in past tense. ****ing Hell.
        Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post

I wanted to comment on the “careless” thing too. It’s fully part of the yank phrase book now. It’s funny because it’s usually an attempt to be haughty and aloof but ironically it’s totally the ****ing opposite.
          That's what makes it so bad. It's like a verbal "mic drop", but the person saying it is just confirming that they're a ****wit.
          Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post

That's what makes it so bad. It's like a verbal "mic drop", but the person saying it is just confirming that they're a ****wit.
            I will always keep coming here as long as Anorak is here. The fattest bum on UK soil, even a better bum than Kellie Maloney
            !! Anorak and billeau2 like this.

Comment

... as requested by ShoulderRoll.

tbh, this place isn't as bad right now as it has been in the past, for sure. Maybe it's just that a lot of the old members don't have dial up modems to connect to the new site design, I don't know.

But the conversations in here aren't BAD, lately. Sure, they're the kind of thing you'd read from a group of 14-year-olds who fell off a wall and landed on their heads when they were little, but that's par for the course. And a step up in maturity levels.

I see my boy ShoulderRoll actually made a thread about sharks in the Thames the other day, but forgot to do any "Shark with bad teeth" gags.

But there's a kind of Conservative obliviousness to your average Fat Yank, there really is. The way politics and religion are tied together in the average Fat Yankistanian's mind, along with a desire to own handguns. They're not a curious people by nature - just witness the other day, when Kev made at thread about rarely considering that there's things out there beyond the Earth, like other stars and planets, etc. He says he rarely notices. Now, I tend to notice there's stars..... every fucking time it gets dark. But he's probably too busy looking down to his handgun holster, or wondering where his next Big Mac is coming from, bless him.

Let's take a look at some more:

George Floyd is now officially a saint, depicted as Jesus Christ on paintings - This is a typical Fat Yankistanian exaggerative take on events, which usually ends up with only one conclusion. It's a sum that goes: Something in the news I've half read + A lot of shit I've made up and added to it + me presuming someone else's opinion in my head = liberals!!!!

Why did they paint a picture of George Floyd and put it up? I dunno. Maybe it was just a couple of daft ***********s and it'll get taken down. But I'm fairly sure if you phoned the Vatican and said to the Pope "Is George Floyd a saint now? Only I saw a painting of him hanging on a wall, so that must mean liberals have deified him", the Pope would turn round and call you a daft ***********. Actually, he probably wouldn't use language like that, would he? It's the Pope after all. He'd probably just call you a fucking wanker and leave it at that.

Beercules' "JFK was shot 58 years ago today" thread. We need more anniversary threads... let us know when it's the 58th year, 2nd month and 48th minute anniversary, lad. But look at this daft *********** in the comments of that one:

Fucking Hell. Apart from the fact that "he is no different" (the fact that it might be a high level conspiracy assassination undermining the fundamental constitution of your country is like anyone else. wtf???) you know what I'm gonna say. And he can't even spell it right FFS.

1. "Careless" is when you aren't taking good enough care of things, being absent minded, etc., eg. "He lost his car keys the other day, he was really careless with them." CARE LESS is what you meant to say. This is BASIC English.

2. Even if you HAD written care less, you'd still be a ***********, because if you could care LESS, it means you CARE. The CORRECT phrase is "couldN'T care less".

Anyway, I'm kicking about for a bit today, if you'd like any threads reviewing, feel there's someone who needs to be reminded that they're a ***********, etc., let me know and I'll see what I can do.
              Annie

Please when you have a moment please do remind me that I am a daft cnt. Thank you for your consideration in this matter....

Comment

I remember having a debate on here with someone once who insisted biased meant "bias" in past tense. ****ing Hell.
                There are many of these... The worse are the newer pharases like instead of "I appreciate it" a nice informal/formal general Swiss Army Knife of a phrase, turned into "I appreciate you"... bloody hell! Thats too damn personal! Its like the server in a restaurant telling you their name!

But if you want some Yank verbal faux paux(s) here are a few gems:

1) the Baltimore "Ink pen" as in, can you hand me that ink pen... come on! what other kind of freakin pen is there?!
                2) And from that same lovely city, and a few choice others: calling the bathroom the lavatory. "What you want permission to go piss in the sink?"
                3) The New York Classic double negative! "I ain't got none." No Bowery Boys Malapropism comes close to the beauty of this general word hack!
                4) To get more Southern here... as in Louisiana we have the "lets turn the verb into a noun thang!" Instead of "please get Jenny for me" "Tell Jenny to come see."
                5) And also from that land of first cousin courtship... one does not shop for groceries... you "make groceries."

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

I will always keep coming here as long as Anorak is here. The fattest bum on UK soil, even a better bum than Kellie Maloney
                  Annie is truly one of a kind... and we may yet know what "kind" that is! if we are patient and live a really long time!
                  markusmod likes this.

Comment

We decided then? If someone writes 'I could care less' - we will launch a co-ordinated, disproportionate response characterised by with withering put downs and questions about their intellect.

Usually being infuriated by a grammar point might make us a bunch of c.unts but not if we stick together on this.

!! Anorak and Butt stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      We decided then? If someone writes 'I could care less' - we will launch a co-ordinated, disproportionate response characterised by with withering put downs and questions about their intellect.

Usually being infuriated by a grammar point might make us a bunch of c.unts but not if we stick together on this.
                      I’m in. It’s things like this that show how the world could be a better place.

Comment

Working...
                      X